19 months on finasteride/9 months dutasteride combination and still losing ground. Is testosterone the culprit?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, I think the best treatment for this situation is to attack it with an antiandrogen.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My libido is through the roof some days, to a point that it became annoying. My scalp gets oily and my hair looks like crap(starts to curl)if I don't wash it every 2-3 days. My semen is usually watery/dead as compared to when I wasn't on medication. I'm also getting oily forehead and constant acne every couple of weeks I'd say...
Keto 2% will help you a lot.It did help me.AlsoMr. Slap Head would you consider keto to be an AA?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keto 2% will help you a lot.It did help me.AlsoMr. Slap Head would you consider keto to be an AA?
It is, yes. It's just pretty weak. But it's another tool in the arsenal. I still use it. It would help my scalp to not be greasy/itchy for only a few hours though, so I needed a topical antiandrogen that was more powerful in my case.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is, yes. It's just pretty weak. But it's another tool in the arsenal. I still use it. It would help my scalp to not be greasy/itchy for only a few hours though, so I needed a topical antiandrogen that was more powerful in my case.
Yes keto gave a guy PFS. Very interesting. Read about a guy that maintained hair for many years by just using keto shampoo nothing else.

loner67

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Nizoral 2% before but I remember that my hair got very dry. My forehead was also very red during shower. I don't remember if it helped with shedding too much as I dont have a journal of that period. I think I'll give it another try, as right now I'm using a Stemoxydine shampoo along with a vitamin one(which seemed to help imo for a short period).
The problem is all this itch that comes and goes, along with bad shedding phrases(which are subjective to me). I'm still losing ground and that's why I can't get a peace of mind.
@Mr. Slap Head @losingbattle88 Are you using RU58841? I'd be interested in some opinions regarding this stuff:)

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Nizoral 2% before but I remember that my hair got very dry. My forehead was also very red during shower. I don't remember if it helped with shedding too much as I dont have a journal of that period. I think I'll give it another try, as right now I'm using a Stemoxydine shampoo along with a vitamin one(which seemed to help imo for a short period).
The problem is all this itch that comes and goes, along with bad shedding phrases(which are subjective to me). I'm still losing ground and that's why I can't get a peace of mind.
@Mr. Slap Head @losingbattle88 Are you using RU58841? I'd be interested in some opinions regarding this stuff:)
I have a lot of experience with RU58841. It helped me with my itch for sure. I had no issues at all with sides and used 8% twice a day. But over the past few months I have switched to a topical bicalutamide solution that I make, which is much cheaper and more convenient as it only needs applied 1-2 times a week, and I have found it to be about the same effectiveness so far. If you still have a bad itch on finasteride/dutasteride, I definitely recommend a topical AA as it will address the problem through a different pathway.

loner67

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience with RU58841. It helped me with my itch for sure. I had no issues at all with sides and used 8% twice a day. But over the past few months I have switched to a topical bicalutamide solution that I make, which is much cheaper and more convenient as it only needs applied 1-2 times a week, and I have found it to be about the same effectiveness so far. If you still have a bad itch on finasteride/dutasteride, I definitely recommend a topical AA as it will address the problem through a different pathway.
Is that some tranny tier antiandrogen? Sorry, don't mean to insult you or anything, but there was a dude here who advised me to take oral spironolactone if I'm not mistaken.. My limit would be dutasteride/some topical antiandrogen that wouldn't kill my male status.

Also, I feel like this deserves another thread but I'll ask here before that. Is it possible that I'm not stabilizing on finasteride/dutasteride because I'm headed towards a high norwood? Both my grandfathers were very high norwoods, and this is not encouraging. My father is going towards a norwood 4 I think but he's 65, he kept a norwood 3 since his 40s I believe. I also got his high forehead aswell, but my facial structure resembles my mother's side(her father was a norwood 7 in his late 70s...)

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that some tranny tier antiandrogen? Sorry, don't mean to insult you or anything, but there was a dude here who advised me to take oral spironolactone if I'm not mistaken.. My limit would be dutasteride/some topical antiandrogen that wouldn't kill my male status.

Also, I feel like this deserves another thread but I'll ask here before that. Is it possible that I'm not stabilizing on finasteride/dutasteride because I'm headed towards a high norwood? Both my grandfathers were very high norwoods, and this is not encouraging. My father is going towards a norwood 4 I think but he's 65, he kept a norwood 3 since his 40s I believe. I also got his high forehead aswell, but my facial structure resembles my mother's side(her father was a norwood 7 in his late 70s...)
RU is a topical antiandrogen with a half life of 1 hour, so it clears the system very quickly and should not cause any persistent sides. It will not transition you. Check out Derek from MPMD on youtube or Kevin Mann from haircafe also on youtube. I had zero sides on it at very high dosages. Hell, now even on topical bica I still grow crazy fast facial hair and still get acne, so very little is getting absorbed systemically. I've been lifting more weight than ever and setting PRs. So these drugs are absolutely NOT feminizing, when used topically. Now, if you happen to be one of those rare high-aromatizers it is possible you will get some sides. Everyone is different. But topicals like RU and bica are not even close to actual HRT. I bet dutasteride would give you more sides than these drugs used at a moderate dose. Nothing wrong with trying it for a few weeks and seeing how you respond. But yeah it's always possible you could have aggressive hair loss.

The most extreme regimen I would do without resorting to HRT would be something like: 2.5mg oral dutasteride + 5-10mg oral minoxidil twice daily + topical bica twice weekly AND/OR RU58841 twice daily.