2% spironolactone and Hydrating Shampoo

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
JesusFreak, Viperfish,

Are you guys applying it on your entire top scalp (vertex, crown) and temples? That's where I'm applying it. I have a big manly head plus my hairloss is diffusing.. :shock: .. very tough to apply spironolactone without getting it on my hair.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
kamui said:
JesusFreak, Viperfish,

Are you guys applying it on your entire top scalp (vertex, crown) and temples? That's where I'm applying it. I have a big manly head plus my hairloss is diffusing.. :shock: .. very tough to apply spironolactone without getting it on my hair.

I'm in the same boat...Lasts me about 2-3 weeks per bottle. I'm also a diffuse thinner and apply it to the entire crown and temples. Major PITA

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
kamui said:
JesusFreak, Viperfish,

I'm in the same boat...Lasts me about 2-3 weeks per bottle. I'm also a diffuse thinner and apply it to the entire crown and temples. Major PITA

Hi BHD,

very sorry to hear you had to get off finasteride.. but hang in there. Anyway, yea it sucks for diffuse thinners when it comes to tropicals. I use that spironolactone up quick :(

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I dab the 2% spironolactone on my all over my scalp in the male pattern baldness area ~10 times. I'm between a norwood 1 and 2. The last bottle of spironolactone lasted 6 months applying it 1x/day.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Bluenun its http://www.Minoxidil.com

Is spironolactone that can be taken orally better than the spray/lotion/liquid that you apply on the hair like rogaine? Are they the same? OR is the lotion better than the pill? Where can the spironolactone pills be purchased?

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, the pills work as well as or better than topical application.

They also work well for pre-op transgender males who desire to become a woman by feminizing the body and brain. In other words, use the topical :!:

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
JesusFreak,

you only use it 1x a day???? and you have good results? What is Dr.Lee's recommended dosage? Maybe I should switch to 1x a day also..Would save me a lot of money.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
kamui said:
Hi BHD,

very sorry to hear you had to get off finasteride.. but hang in there. Anyway, yea it sucks for diffuse thinners when it comes to tropicals. I use that spironolactone up quick :(

I'm not off finasteride. Actually I'm back up to 1mg per day. Taking Nolvadex every other day to combat gyno. Which seems to be working. knock on wood.

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
kamui said:
Hi BHD,

I'm not off finasteride. Actually I'm back up to 1mg per day. Taking Nolvadex every other day to combat gyno. Which seems to be working. knock on wood.

BHD,

wow that is good to hear, were you on 1.25 finasteride before or was it always 1mg? Is Nolvadex the best estrogen blocker? There are so many estrogen blockers/inhibitors.

viperfish

Reaction score
I apply the 2% spironolactone all over my scalp too. Paying more attention to the vertex and hairline! If you wanna turn into a woman yeah swallow the sh*t. Just kidding, but it would be dangerous for a male to consume spironolactone...........assuming you are male??

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
kamui said:
BHD,

wow that is good to hear, were you on 1.25 finasteride before or was it always 1mg? Is Nolvadex the best estrogen blocker? There are so many estrogen blockers/inhibitors.

I was on 1mg up until the gyno happened.

Nolvadex has been around for a long time so I trust it. All the bodybuilders use it to combat gyno when coming off a cycle. It's keeping things at bay so far.

to get back on topic....My favorite hydrating shampoo, although I haven't used it in a while is Biolage Hydrating shampoo.