21, Hey I’m Daniel and I’m just concerned

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I’m Daniel recently I have been stressing over my hairline/thinning for the past couple of months and I’m pretty obsessive over it checking everyday and taking photos and videos constantly I’m just wondering if I can get your guys opinions ps. I have always had thick long hair

i started gym January 2021 and only noticed it about late june/early July 2021

been to a dermatologist who was useless and barely looked at my head and just Prescribed me minoxidil 1mg (which i refuse to take until i have a proper answer to my problem) and it was like he was careless about his job wasn't paying attention to me at all, he said it may be stress.....

Changed my diet completely this year and have a healthy balanced diet with no deficiencies I have had blood tests.
Though I have been through major physical stress from gym and mental stress from personal matters also i am in Australia which is on lockdown from covid and this has also been stressing me out as i can no longer do a lot of normal routine things anymore.

Is this male pattern baldness, Mature Hairline or Telogen effluvium, I am not loosing excessive hair just have a dry scalp and hair looks thinning all over i believe check video below.

I take natural supplements as well which are

3 Fish oil Capsule (Morning)
1 Mens Multivitamin Capsule (Morning)
3 Vitamin B Capsules (Morning)
2 Saw Palmetto Capsule (Lunch Time)
1 Scoop of Collagen in 250ml water (Night Time)
2 Melatonin Capsules (Before bed)

I don't know if this is linked to anything but im just giving all the information i know, the problem also is i don't have any close up photos from when i was younger to compare my hairline because i obviously was not worried and this insecure

Attachments

• ACA11AAF-039C-475E-8CA0-0EA99E1451DC.jpeg
    ACA11AAF-039C-475E-8CA0-0EA99E1451DC.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 7DB39E78-6AC8-4D3E-9D0D-15D15B7475D6.jpeg
    7DB39E78-6AC8-4D3E-9D0D-15D15B7475D6.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 1CA90A2A-860B-45E7-814B-01057A1CEA9F.jpeg
    1CA90A2A-860B-45E7-814B-01057A1CEA9F.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 72350594-2F52-4079-97C8-CD7FF715B774.jpeg
    72350594-2F52-4079-97C8-CD7FF715B774.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 302
  • 6D8F2577-E47C-434F-87D3-FBD2A4597D21.jpeg
    6D8F2577-E47C-434F-87D3-FBD2A4597D21.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 50BCEA26-BD4B-40AF-B80B-3F862FAB2FE4.jpeg
    50BCEA26-BD4B-40AF-B80B-3F862FAB2FE4.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score
First 2 Photos are the 2nd August 2021 and the last 3 are 21st August 2021. Long hair photo if from 9th June 2019, I don't know whats going on or if its getting better or worse still waiting for a dermatologist to give me a proper answer.... the hairline looks like it is either growing back or turning into a more even matured hairline im just not sure and am very concerned, Still trying to find out how to upload a video i took tonight of my overall head. I legit don't know what the f*** is going on it looks like its improving i guess idk, but if it isn't i want to resolve it early

Last edited:

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be concerned Daniel. You have the hair everyone on this forum dreams of. Carry on

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be concerned Daniel. You have the hair everyone on this forum dreams of. Carry on
I know it may not be an extreme case like some people I have seen on this forum but there is always still a concern there hopefully when I see another dermatologist this Monday he can give me some mental assurance

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The genetics of baldness seem to be expressed in all Europeans/Semites. I doubt that much useful information can be gleaned at all by looking at parents. Siblings might work better if one has older siblings. The further up the chain you go, there are probably always going to be genes related to baldness that might be expressed in descendants. Looking at relatives who are all bald without exception is probably predictive but for people of mixed races, it might not be at all. It doesn't appear that we know enough about the genes involved and how they are expressed. Probably much, much more predictive is level of body hair and beard hair growth. Baldness is far less common in racial groups that either don't grow beards or that struggle to do so. Androgynous hair is typical if not universal among all groups closely related to native Siberians, meaning the Inuit and Eskimos, most people in the Pacific and most Asians and all Native Americans referred to previously as "Indians". Baldness tends to be an issue only for people with substantial gene intermixing between whites/Semites and others, especially non African blacks.

It might be that looking at sisters with hair loss is more predictive than anything else, along with brothers. Neither of my parents have any form of hair loss. My brother has very mild hair loss but my sister has arguably the worst hair in our nuclear family. People always talk about uncles but aunts and grandmothers might be predictive as well. Presumably very few people ask this question if father, uncles and grandfathers are all bald so that's why we seldom hear of Telogen Effluvium being asserted by guys with rampant hair loss in the entire extended family. I know a family with seven sons and all of them are bald. The sister has thin hair but no baldness. If the father is completely bald, many males grow up resigned to this but it's often not true. George Harrison for example had two totally cue ball brothers while he arguably had the best long hair in rock and roll since 1966 and Rubber Soul. Lennon to me, always looked on the cusp of being bald but he never actually was balding. McCartney's current hair status is unknown but Ringo has very similar hair to Sting's, both of which never progressed past the temple areas.

Strangely enough, just thinking that one has hair loss might be extremely predictive as to whether one is balding vel non. The younger a person is when seeing or thinking that he or she is balding might be incredibly predictive. Given that physicians seem to be notoriously, if not laughably wrong in terms of diagnosing male pattern baldness as Telogen Effluvium, that any sort of hair loss at all indicates male pattern baldness.

• There are racial differences, however, in the incidence of male pattern baldness. The highest rates are found among Caucasians, followed by Afro-Caribbeans. Chinese and Japanese men have the lowest rates. For some unknown reason, this form of hair loss is does not occur among Native Americans.

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
The genetics of baldness seem to be expressed in all Europeans/Semites. I doubt that much useful information can be gleaned at all by looking at parents. Siblings might work better if one has older siblings. The further up the change you go, there are probably always going to be genes related to baldness that might be expressed in descendants. Looking at relatives who are all bald without exception is probably predictive but for people of mixed races, it might not be at all. It doesn't appear that we know enough about the genes involved and how they are expressed. Probably much, much more predictive is level of body hair and beard hair growth. Baldness is far less common in racial groups that either don't grow beards or that struggle to do so. Androgynous hair is typical if not universal among all groups closely related to native Siberians, meaning the Inuit and Eskimos, most people in the Pacific and most Asians and all Native Americans referred to previously as "Indians". Baldness tends to be an issue only for people with substantial gene intermixing between whites/Semites and others, especially non African blacks.

• There are racial differences, however, in the incidence of male pattern baldness. The highest rates are found among Caucasians, followed by Afro-Caribbeans. Chinese and Japanese men have the lowest rates. For some unknown reason, this form of hair loss is does not occur among Native Americans.
"I doubt that much useful information can be gleaned at all by looking at parents."
Hahahahahahahahaha. Yes, sure. People that are Norwood 7 tend to don't pass their baldness genes to their sons . Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I doubt that much useful information can be gleaned at all by looking at parents."
Hahahahahahahahaha. Yes, sure. People that are Norwood 7 tend to don't pass their baldness genes to their sons . Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
James, I know English is not your first language, but you need to slow down and read. I appreciate your shtick but generally stringing H's and A's together does not correspond to any scientific method that I know off. Go read about Bayes theorem and then come back and I will discuss it with you but my parents both have perfect hair in their 80's and I had male pattern baldness. So in that case, no information was available. If we go through misdiagnoses, then that point is likely much more true. I am not sure we even have good data related to fathers and sons but I can name many mismatches between father's and sons, like Henry and Edsel Ford where the father had perfect hair and the son had none. There are also obviously levels of baldness and there's little to no mention as to how that might be predictive. Finally since virtually all Telogen Effluvium diagnoses are incorrect as far as I can tell, that provides a huge amount of information via utilization of Bayes' Theorem.

Argue with Bayes' if you want but as long as the prior term is defined properly, it is an incredibly powerful tool. Since you might not have game shows where you are, then maybe enjoy this puzzle related to Bayes thought.

Last edited:

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• FCA28C53-6B46-48C8-97A0-E7DC9246BC10.jpeg
    FCA28C53-6B46-48C8-97A0-E7DC9246BC10.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 54
  • BC021730-78C0-4D9F-B92E-96A82AC6A9C5.jpeg
    BC021730-78C0-4D9F-B92E-96A82AC6A9C5.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 9C3F6611-81B4-4250-949A-8BF13F57CA9A.jpeg
    9C3F6611-81B4-4250-949A-8BF13F57CA9A.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 55
  • BFD5ED49-F258-4E11-9E31-C653BBD0E56D.jpeg
    BFD5ED49-F258-4E11-9E31-C653BBD0E56D.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You clearly have hair loss. There is a perforated area of miniaturization. Now, are you just "maturing"? Perhaps. But it's also possible that it may progress even further. It's the temple area that concerns me the most. What is your family history?

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score
You clearly have hair loss. There is a perforated area of miniaturization. Now, are you just "maturing"? Perhaps. But it's also possible that it may progress even further. It's the temple area that concerns me the most. What is your family history?
Mother’s side of the family, my pop had thinning hair/balding at 18 and 1 of my uncles has the same issue my mum still has her hair but is slightly thin although she is 56 now

My fathers side of the family All my uncles have hair and even my grandfather still had somewhat decent hair at 93 before he passed, My dad has a juvy if not Norwood 1 hairline with no thinning at 56

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don’t want to jump the gun and jump on all sort of medications until I get a proper diagnosis

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mother’s side of the family, my pop and uncles were balding at 18 visibly bad, my mum still has her hair but is slightly thin although she is 56 now

My fathers side of the family All my uncles have hair and even my grandfather still had somewhat decent hair at 93 before he passed, My dad has a juvy if not Norwood 1 hairline with no thinning at 56
Supposedly the mother's side is most important, so that's not a great sign. But some people might inherit more from their father in some cases. No one really knows for sure. So I would take action if I were you. The third and fourth photos are starting to show a lot of forehead. The second photo makes it look more like male pattern baldness as opposed to maturation.
I really don’t want to jump the gun and jump on all sort of medications until I get a proper diagnosis
Then go see a trichologist.

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly the mother's side is most important, so that's not a great sign. But some people might inherit more from their father in some cases. No one really knows for sure. So I would take action if I were you. The third and fourth photos are starting to show a lot of forehead. The second photo makes it look more like male pattern baldness as opposed to maturation.

Then go see a trichologist.
I’m seeing a dermatologist on Monday but would a trichologist better suit?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m seeing a dermatologist on Monday but would a trichologist better suit?
If your dermatologist tells you that you don't have hair loss then you might as well try a trichologist who specializes in hair loss. Those short hairs along your hairline are clearly miniaturized and barely growing anymore, shrinking to the point of death. Again, you definitely have hair loss. Will it stop and stay along the "perforated" edge? Maybe, maybe not. Some consider maturation a form of male pattern baldness. I don't know if I always agree with that. The point is that you've definitely lost hair and you will lose all of those perforated hairs soon. I personally prefer a low and square hairline, so I would start treatment. But that's just me.

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your dermatologist tells you that you don't have hair loss then you might as well try a trichologist who specializes in hair loss. Those short hairs along your hairline are clearly miniaturized and barely growing anymore, shrinking to the point of death. Again, you definitely have hair loss. Will it stop and stay along the "perforated" edge? Maybe, maybe not. Some consider maturation a form of male pattern baldness. I don't know if I always agree with that. The point is that you've definitely lost hair and you will lose all of those perforated hairs soon. I personally prefer a low and square hairline, so I would start treatment. But that's just me.
I might start minoxidil capsules after I get a result from the derma this coming Monday, is topical better for less side effects? I got a prescription for tablets I just don’t know how bad the side effects will affect my fitness journey

StressManDan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could I even lower the current dosage and say take it every 2 days