23yo, how much would a hair transplant cost me?

s.a.f

Reaction score
The higher the Norwood the bigger the task. It is possible to get a decent result up to NW6. A lot depends on your hair characteristics. But it would mean more than 1 big session. A NW6 still has their full donor area intact. But the more hair you lose the more you appreciate what you get back.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
And there's also age-related donor thinning to worry about eventually.

It happens to most guys to some extent, but Norwood#7s often get it the worst. There are some guys out there who don't even have thick enough donor hair left to cover a strip scar very well by the time they're 50-60yo, nevermind what additional FUE harvesting would have done to the area.

Norwood#7s just don't have enough donor hair to make transplanting a wise idea. It's gonna take HM or something major in loss prevention before Norwood#7 transplanting is a decent plan.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
what is the main difference between a NW6 & 7? The crown is more receded on NW7?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Many people seem to get confused between a nw6 and a 7 because both are considered by the average person to be totally bald. But the actual difference in hairs is probably well over 15,000.

A nw6 is basicly slick bald all over the top of the head including the crown. But the hair on the side of the head goes right up to the top (about 3/4 inches above the ears) and remains relativley high at the back.

A Norwood 7 is the most extreme form of m.p.b and has lost not only all the hair ontop but the recession has also spread to the hair on the sides and further down the back. Most nw7 only have about 2 inches of hair growing on the sides above the ears and its also possible to lose the temperal points (the hair on the sides of the head that is closest to the eyebrows). In short there is a big difference between a nw6 and a 7.

Just google norwood scale to see the difference.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
Try not to lose self-esteem over this.

Bald guys get laid too. You just need to be confident in your shell.

thats what fat chicks are for :jump:

JK!!!!!!!!!!!!

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Ilovehair said:
I was recently looking up pictures of myself with a shaved head from two years ago, admittedly I had more hair but I was 30lbs lighter and my head shape suited a buzzed head more. I'm 6'6 and 210lbs at the moment so I can carry the weight but I should really get back into shape as it would probably boost my confidence somewhat.

Sorry to hear about your background story. Although my hair is not quite as bad (tho not far off!!!) I really feel your pain. :(

The above sounds like a great idea. Instead of channeling all your determination in to regrowing your hair, get yourself to the gym and try to get in shape and bulk up your physique. I'm sure this will definitely give you a much needed confidence boost and will take the focus off your hair and turn it in to something more positive.

F**k your hair and what ppl think - shave it all off and forget about it. Its only hair at the end of the day... Having self confidence is the most important thing.

(PS. regarding joining the police, if that is what you are wanting to do then KEEP APPLYING!! Don't be disheartened just because you have failed a couple of interviews. Most people do!! Make sure you get lots of feedback on your interviews and act upon it. I currently work for the police.... when I first applied I initially failed a couple of interviews but I persevered and now I have a job that is well paid, very interesting and I absolutely love doing.)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
for his case, a hair transplant is not a good idea.

I would suggest get on med for some time and evaluate the difference, best of luck man, I know how tough it must be!