25 and bald , but hopefully gaining somethinh

bankelal

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Am from India.
My hairloss story dates back to early 2008 when actually i had very slight to none hairloss. One of my friend suggested me to use Finax and Mintop. But i felt i was loosing after using it (my ignorance has cost me dearly here), so i stopped using them, since my hairloss was not that severe, but in late 2009 and early 2010 i could see my scalp if I cut my hair to half-inch long (like footballers), I dont know why, but i ignored.

In late 2010 i moved to a different city for my Job ( I was 21 at that time). And you could say all the Job pressure and relationship issue took plus the new city (new water conditions) took their toll on my Hair and it was massive. In late 2011 for 6 months i tried to maintain a clean shaven look, hoping i would save the remaining hairs and in the meantime could save some money for Hair Transplant.
And when i grew back my hair in early 2012, I was devastated. none to very less grew back. and in a complete male pattern baldness pattern.
I lost all hope of anything and just sucked it up and made peace with it.

Fast forward to 2014 April, My mother had a frozen shoulder problem for over an Year or two, And after physiotherapy sessions for a 3 months did not help at all. She went for Ayurvedic treatment. (People who do not know what Ayurveda is, please google it). And she was completely cured in a month and half. And she insisted me on consulting the Dr.

Before anyone comments that Ayurveda is snake oil and blah blah, well some basic info, Ayurveda is a recognised form of medical treatment and medical study in India and it is Government regulated. So no this is no Ponzi scheme

The Dr is a retired principal of a Reputed Govt medical college (Ayurvedic college). He had a look on my scalp and said since am 25 it is possible to get the hair back. And he started his treatment, which is bacially same as minoxidil, i.e it increases Blood circulation . I will not say propecia since am not sure about it. And he gave me other meds for boosting my immunity and strengthening my hair roots.

Am posting the before and after pics below.
B4-2.jpgB4-3.jpg

April 2014
These pics are Just in time of starting my treatment, Pardon me for clarity and the unprofessional way the pics are taken, Coz i was not serious in treatment although i was giving this a try. But I guess You can pretty clearly asses my loss.

20140604_002638.jpg
June 2014 - 2 months into treatment
From here on I click my own pics with Samsung Note and i use the inbuilt flash. If you guys have a better idea please let me know and i will oblige (I have a DSLR too, but i need to find some one for this).

Ok now abt this pic, I clicked it as a joke. But when i zoomed in, i was surprised to see a lot of tiny holes or pores and with real but very fine thin hair in them. The area which were completely bald or say were as smooth as a marble now had small hairs coming out of it. I was definitely thrilled to see this and I guess the stuff was working.
Please do not worry about yellow spots, its actually the oil am using. But i have no idea what the small white spots are. Can anyone please enlighten me on it ? Thanks in advance

20140703_010651.jpg

July 2014 (1st Week)

I can see the weak fine and thin hair have grown in length.
Now I really need your help and input on this. Where does the road lead to ? TO be more specific in my question, the people who have new growth, how was ur journey is this aspect, Did u first get fine thin hair from ur spot and gradually they turned terminal or thick black hair ?
How much time frame am looking at ?
Earlier i was not serious as I had given up hope, but now the fire is ignited and am religiously following the routine and massaging my head with the oil. I can assure its not placebo effect, i have honestly gained a lot of hair although fine thin brown hair as opposed to my original thick black hair.

20140718_003850.jpg20140718_003856.jpg

17th July 2014
Today out of curiosity and also you can say frustration and obsession I clipped my hairs to 1 mm , and above is the result. It seems my density of folicles has definitely increased but what my major concern is will they grow ? Or do they have a potential to grow further ???? . I would be posting more pics in coming months.

Here are few questions that i want to ask..
1> Should I consider taking dutasteride ? may be once or twice a week ?
2> how many months or Year before i get to see my babies grow up to terminal hair?
3> What should i do to take care of them ? (I have stopped Pepsi/Coke and I do not drink alcohol)

Thanks guys for your patience . Your Inputs will be very valuable to me .
Since am using Ayurvedic meds and generally people are a bit apprehensive in accepting it , so i have not mentioned my regime or what exact meds I have been taking. But if anyone wants, i would be more then happy to share it folks.

Update .. August 2014 (last week)
So finally am updating after a long break.. God the waiting period is pathetic :( But thats how even a normal hair would grow, leave alone am bald
Below are freshly taken pics..
I can see the hair in crown portion is beginning to take a bit strength.. I mean the thinner hairs are strengthening (still a long way to go)
And vellus hair on my temple is showing signs of slight strength .. I can guarantee you that 2 3 hairs(its high compared to I was slick bald in my temples) are thickening slightly.. SO i hope in due time other vellus hair would follow suit and thicken up..

Lemme know your thoughts guys...

Seems I have attach only 8 files per post.. So move on to page 2 :)

Attachments

• 20140604_002638.jpg
    20140604_002638.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 20140703_010651.jpg
    20140703_010651.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 264

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
There is some mild growth, I suggest getting on finasteride ASAP of course. You have some pretty severe hairloss for your age though as I'm the same age as you with far less. Waiting even one day more than you have to will bite you in the butt.

Also, I do a daily scalp massage for 15 minutes. I don't know if it helps but it's better than nothing I think.

hair_fighter

Reaction score
dude awesome results....i never believed in Ayurveda now your results are convincing me to take the leap. Could you please tell us what Ayurveda treatments you are undergoing and where i can get these.....thanx in advance

bankelal

Reaction score
There is some mild growth, I suggest getting on finasteride ASAP of course. You have some pretty severe hairloss for your age though as I'm the same age as you with far less. Waiting even one day more than you have to will bite you in the butt.

Also, I do a daily scalp massage for 15 minutes. I don't know if it helps but it's better than nothing I think.

Thanks Travalanch for the input, But I just dunno wanna go back to finasteride. And also the current treatment is showing me promising results and I do not want to undo it.
But one thing I ve realised that my scalp has potential to grow back hair or atleast the roots are not dead. So I would be observing for 4-6 months and monitor the progress. If am not very satisfied with it I will be adding dutasteride to my regime. By far what i have seen its th emost effective one .
Here below is a link of Hair loss Help forum. and the result this person has got, i bet you will **** bricks. Honestly.
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=110303&highlight_key=y

I hope the mods allow this link.

bankelal

Reaction score
dude awesome results....i never believed in Ayurveda now your results are convincing me to take the leap. Could you please tell us what Ayurveda treatments you are undergoing and where i can get these.....thanx in advance

@hair_fighter
In ayurveda, i think its important to find the correct doctor. Just go to one who is very old (coz they have experience and will be better in diagnosing the root cause) and one who you trust or have known for quite some time.

For 1st 2 months my Doctor prescribes me
1> Basanta Kusumkar - 1tab mixed with Honey on empty stomach
2>Kesha A1 capsules
3> Topachini Rasayan 2x/daily
4> Bruhat Bhringaraj oil 1x/ daily massage before 2 hours going to bed

For last months after seeing the roots coming up he added
1> amla ras 2x/daily
2>alovera juice 1x/daily (However he removed it last week)
3> New Topachini rasayan 1x/daily with milk
4> Maha Bhrungaraj oil 2x/ daily . (i will say its a bit messy but manageable)
5>discontinued Kesha A1 caps and replaced with Cebelo caps

Interesting fact. Am happy with my result but my Doctor is not. So he made the above changes . :D
The Doctor am visiting is too good, and he is from BBSR, Ori.
Hope this helps. If you need any more info, am here. :)

All the best.

bankelal

Reaction score
Update .. August 2014 (last week)
So finally am updating after a long break.. God the waiting period is pathetic :( But thats how even a normal hair would grow, leave alone am bald
Below are freshly taken pics..
I can see the hair in crown portion is beginning to take a bit strength.. I mean the thinner hairs are strengthening (still a long way to go)
And vellus hair on my temple is showing signs of slight strength .. I can guarantee you that 2 3 hairs(its high compared to I was slick bald in my temples) are thickening slightly.. SO i hope in due time other vellus hair would follow suit and thicken up..

Lemme know your thoughts guys...20140829_023203.jpg20140829_023254.jpg

bankelal

Reaction score
I will have to say am Overly impressed with the finishing of this .. I mean just WOW ...

But as you said its Expensive.. And One more thing MAINTENANCE ...

So since am from India, both money and time are a constraint :(

And for such things I dont feel there are any reliable clinics in India.. although am saving up for Hair transplant in my 30s :)

But hearty thanks for such a great video.. hopefully someday :)

bankelal

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a bit of lull period am back to post some of my latest pics.

I do see some growth in crown area and vellus hair in temple.
Can anyone who has some experience in hair regrowth can tell me if the vellus one can convert to terminal hair :unsure::unsure:

please have a look and feel free to share your valuable opinions

20150107_015643.jpg20150107_015716.jpg

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
pretty sure it can.. might take time.. you probably wanna hear something from one of the more experienced posters here but

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never in history has an NW6 (which is essentially what you are) come back to density levels that society would respect or not be bothered with by being 'too thin'.

What I'm saying is; you're past the point of no return. If you want actual growth, you should get in touch with Dr. Roland Lauster at the University of Berlin or Dr. George Cotsarelis at the University of Pennsylvania.

idunnolol

Reaction score
@hair_fighter
In ayurveda, i think its important to find the correct doctor. Just go to one who is very old (coz they have experience and will be better in diagnosing the root cause) and one who you trust or have known for quite some time.

For 1st 2 months my Doctor prescribes me
1> Basanta Kusumkar - 1tab mixed with Honey on empty stomach
2>Kesha A1 capsules
3> Topachini Rasayan 2x/daily
4> Bruhat Bhringaraj oil 1x/ daily massage before 2 hours going to bed

For last months after seeing the roots coming up he added
1> amla ras 2x/daily
2>alovera juice 1x/daily (However he removed it last week)
3> New Topachini rasayan 1x/daily with milk
4> Maha Bhrungaraj oil 2x/ daily . (i will say its a bit messy but manageable)
5>discontinued Kesha A1 caps and replaced with Cebelo caps

Interesting fact. Am happy with my result but my Doctor is not. So he made the above changes . :D
The Doctor am visiting is too good, and he is from BBSR, Ori.
Hope this helps. If you need any more info, am here. :)

All the best.

This regimen reads like the definiton of snake oil. Really, the only thing that's still missing is actual snake oil.
I bet all the regrowth you've got comes from the rebranded minoxidil you've been prescribed.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This regimen reads like the definiton of snake oil. Really, the only thing that's still missing is actual snake oil.

LMAO!!!!