26; losing hair; attack mode on

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
im in same situation been on finasteride for about 12 month and havent gained anything. Also using minoxidil, question is should one switch to dutasteride or not.

bram1988

Reaction score
10th month using Finasteride. 2,5 months since the new shedding cycle or the end of the effectiveness of Finasteride. Shedding or hairloss is now worse then ever. Washed my hair today and around 100 hairs must have fallen out. This is worse than before treatment, worse than first shedding, worse than anything experienced before. Left temple has loads of small hairs, right temple not so much. Still not growing to anything serious.

Seriously starting to consider dutasteride now.

bram1988

Reaction score
Almost a year on Finasteride now, Hair loss has been terrible last 4,5 months. No improvement since last 2-3 posts. Losing serious ground. I did have a very stressfull 4-5 months. This period has come to an end fortunately.

Should i start using Dutasteride? It seems Finasteride is just not doing the trick.

robincurtz

Banned
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about u. I went through all your previous updates. And it looks like your condition is same as of mine. After one year on finasteride my hair started to fall again then I switched to dutasteride which halt my progression for 2.5 year. Now again I am loosing my hair like crazy and this time nothing is working. My advice to you is get on dutasteride as soon as possible and buy some more year.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely get on dutasteride, there's no time to waste!
@robincurtz, so finasteride worked for a year and then lost it's effectiveness? dutasteride only lasted 2.5 years? How old were you when you began tratment? And what Norwood level were you at? Are you still taking dutasteride? What change have you noticed after 2.5 years on dutasteride?

robincurtz

Banned
Reaction score
I am 25 years old. I am currently on dutasteride,finasteride,minoxidil 5%. After 2.5 years massive shed and miniaturization in norwood 6 like pattern. Thinning in the corner of hair line has moved to vertex.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair only started improving after he year mark check my thread, before that it just seemed to be getting worse and worse but then all of a sudden it changed. Don't lose hope is all I can say, for some people it takes a lot longer than others to see results. Maybe add Minoxidil in to give the extra kick.

Goodluck :)

bram1988

Reaction score
My hair only started improving after he year mark check my thread, before that it just seemed to be getting worse and worse but then all of a sudden it changed. Don't lose hope is all I can say, for some people it takes a lot longer than others to see results. Maybe add Minoxidil in to give the extra kick.

Goodluck :)

Thank you, although i have been using minoxidil for 1,5 years now, your topic gives me some hope. I'll stick with my regimen a little longer.

bram1988

Reaction score
IMG_1738.jpgIMG_1739.jpgIMG_1744.jpgIMG_1747.jpgIMG_1748.jpg

Little photo update: The middle part is very weak.

Update hair loss. The major "shedding"/ hair loss seems to have halted a bit. Spotted 10-15 hairs in my towel after washing my hairs today. Compare that with 2 months ago with 50-100 hairs. Hope this "progress" continues and Finasteride is finally starting to work. Might just be a good phase though and at any moment it might get worse again