26 Y Male - Sudden Male Pattern Baldness? Or Maturing Hairline?

SBAT

Reaction score
I am a 26 year old male and lately I have noticed that the corners of my hairline are changing. Since I was 17 I noticed small changes in the very centre of my hairlkne but never in the corners. Now I am starting to worry that male pattern baldness is coming after me lol

I have mixed hair with good density. My both grandparents are NW7. Father 55yo is NW3 at best but with full head otherwise. Hairline is totally different to mine when comparing at the same age. My hairline and texture is the same as my mothers'. (When I was a kid/teenager)

You can't predict the future but I would like to prepare.

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.imgur.com/a/hPhfb

Some photos

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 1 hairline, miniturizing in a Norwood 2 pattern, very nice for your age. Most people here would be quite jealous.

SBAT

Reaction score
Thx for the info.

I do see it goes deeper and deeper. Can I do something about it? Can it stop?

SBAT

Reaction score
http://imgur.com/a/JO1LC

Look at these pics. My right corner is the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a permanent solution plus it is bad for your body/liver.. Id like to keep it natural

I heard taost shampoo is good?

- - - Updated - - -

just for comparing: these are pics ive made in october 2014:

http://imgur.com/a/YPI2n

it's def worse now, when will it stop or will it accelerate?

br1

Reaction score
What you expect? Finasteride or go bald.. Sorry if that's not what you wanted.

Nobody asked for baldness.

shookwun

Reaction score
BDD by the looks of it.

SBAT

Reaction score
BDD?

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou for the feedback btw

Im scared of finasteride, cant be healthy

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
BDD?

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou for the feedback btw

Im scared of finasteride, cant be healthy

It probably isn't healthy but it is safe.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only a mega FUT transplant will save you now buddy. All the meds in the world won't save that rekt hairline.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think your hair looks great. I think worst case scenario and you don't take any meds, you will recede slowly as you get older but never go bald. The reality is, this happens to the vast majority of men. Over 90% of white guys experience hairloss in their lives. Some will recede slowly their entire lives but never develop a bald spot. I think you should see a dermatologist and take pictures of your hair every couple of months. Get some other opinions. Yeah you might be receding, but the reason why you arn't getting many straight answers here is because so many members have far worse hair loss and basically consider you to have perfect hair.

SBAT

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I had no idea

The thing is, I read some article about the mature hairline. As if you recede to a certain point and then it stays there for life. Does such a thing exist ?

MoBishop

Established Member
Reaction score
A little bit of temporal recession on your right side but other than that pretty solid. You'll continue to recede, but my guess is that it'll be slow. finasteride may not be a bad bet

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I had no idea

The thing is, I read some article about the mature hairline. As if you recede to a certain point and then it stays there for life. Does such a thing exist ?

it exists but there is a misconception that the process is something limited to a certain time frame. There is a hair transplant doctor that runs a balding blog and is generally considered an expert (Dr Rassman). Even he has some seriously mind boggling views about what a mature hairline actually is. He once claimed that Johnny Depp had a mature hairline and didn't possess the balding gene. Its very obvious from more recent pics that he certainly does posses the balding gene as his hairline has continued to recede further back closer to a NW3 in recent years. Its my personal opinion that for most men who are deemed to have a 'mature hairline', more often than not simply have very minor male pattern baldness with follicules that happen to be sensitive only in the frontal portion. As they get older the frontal portion begins to thin but it happens at such a slow rate doctors don't define it as balding.

SBAT

Reaction score
Thanks alot!

We will see how it evolves. finasteride works but the side effects are a no go for me. Also you have to take it for so many years.. I highly doubt if it is healthy in the long run... How does the body respond after 10+ years?