27 month update page 17

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 4 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics)

Just 2 years ago my hair was dark brown (which I liked more) but now its pretty much black :(

What happend?

(Edit: I guess it's just more or less lighting and I'm an idiot)

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm not imagining it.

I guess I am a testament to the fact that catching it early is important. And that you shouldn't hesitate to jump in on finasteride and such. The worst that could happen is that you lose more hair over the 6 months ( Which is inevitable anyways ).

I hate seeing scare threads about people losing all their hair on finasteride, or people saying that finasteride gave them permanent side effects. It is crap. And all it is doing is making people second guess themselves, when they should AT LEAST try it for 6 months.

I am sorry if this thread makes anyone feel bad, that wasn't my intended goal.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Dude, your hair looks great. I can completely relate to your situation....my hair is very similar. I'm still wearing it in a similar way as you were in your first two pictures but it's getting harder and harder to pull off as the temples are going so I have gaps on the sides (like you did).

Looks like it all filled in nicely though. You've given me the motivation to bite the bullet and get back on finasteride. All the other success stories were of people who had lost significant hair so I wasn't sure if it would work for me - but seeing your pictures gives me hope! Keep us updated man.

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score

shadowRX, would you say your hair is back to normal again? do you feel you fixed your hairline back to how it was? and if so do you think it was the minoxidil?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Looks like it all filled in nicely though. You've given me the motivation to bite the bullet and get back on finasteride. All the other success stories were of people who had lost significant hair so I wasn't sure if it would work for me - but seeing your pictures gives me hope! Keep us updated man.

My best advice is to take pictures every 3 months. It always surprises me the difference because just looking in the mirror I don't feel much has changed. When I first started taking it and then quit, I thought it wasn't working and I was wasting my time, but after about 3 months of shedding after I quit, I knew it was the finasteride holding it on.

shadowRX, would you say your hair is back to normal again? do you feel you fixed your hairline back to how it was? and if so do you think it was the minoxidil?

There was about a month before I started the minoxidil while on the finasteride that I definitely was noticing about half as many hairs in the shower. So like finasteride is supposed to do, the semi-terminal hairs are able to grow longer and thicker because of the longer anagen phase. Really I am not sure if the minoxidil is doing anything, but I will stick with it.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

are ya 1mg or .25mg you didn't answer my question :nono:

:hump:

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

shadowRX said:
I'm sorry

I am taking 1.25mg right now a day.
Good work champ

you had any shedding and if so was it noticeable to other people?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Recently I had more than normal amount of hair shedding, but not noticeable; its stopped now, only lasted like 2 weeks.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

shadowRX said:
Recently I had more than normal amount of hair shedding, but not noticeable; its stopped now, only lasted like 2 weeks.
Good to hear bro
keep it up and keep us updated :punk:

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 4 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update Nov

Possibly a minoxidil shed? Looks like you maybe lost 20 hairs in the hairline - still looks considerably better than baseline, so I wouldn't worry about it.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 4 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update Nov

Baseline:

Month 6:

Last edited:

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 4 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update Dec

Still better than baseline dude. The hair in the centre of the hairline is clearly thicker now, and the temples look nice and defined as they are thicker also.