28 year old, diffuse, pics inside

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar position. The diffuse thinning is very visible with short hair, but once I let it grow out a little it hides it well, and I don't even have to use Toppik if I'm having a "good hair day." Your hair actually looks a lot better than mine, especially the hairline.
Yea, when i first realized i have problems, i had 3-3.5 cm hair length, it wasn't good, but almost OK. But when i buzz it don't(with initial minoxidil shed maybe) it was close to full nw4-5.

I'm currently going on month 9 myself. By month 6 it looked great, but ever since then I've been shedding. I can run my hand through my hair at any given time and see it covered with hair. Here's the thing though: I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet, as I decided that I was going to give it a full year. I suggest you do the same. Take a step back, relax, and just let it be whatever it's going to be. You're doing everything you possibly can. Try to find some peace of mind in that.
That makes me sad=( But in total i am almost 1 year on minoxidil, minus 3 months break. When you first saw improvement?

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. So, after some hesitation, i desided to quit finasteride. Yes i know thats kinda stupid, but i can't deal with sides - mind numbness, loss of libido, softer erections, watery semen. I am 7 days off now, it looks like i am slowly recovering, but not fully, ofc. So...

1) I started min almost a year ago(hairline only, 1 daily), used it for about 4.5 months(atm everything was ok), then dropped it, shortly after i've seen some worsening, ended up with significant shed and thinning(first pics in this thread).
2) I restarted min approx 4-4.5 months ago(jan, 2014)+keto shampoo. I added finasteride after 2 weeks being on min, and only after 4-5 weeks on finasteride and 7-8 weeks on min+keto i got my hair back -
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/77904-28-year-old-diffuse-pics-inside?p=1166009&viewfull=1#post1166009
3) I used full(1.25) dose of finasteride only 5-6 weeks, then it was 0.65, finally 0.1-0.2 for about 1.5-2 months till the end.

Here is my today pics, i shed a significant amount of strands this morning in the shower(15-20) and then same amount later, shacking, combing and pulling off my hair. It happened before, when i was on finasteride, but what do you think, i this a signs of worsening? Hair feels very thick and healthy, but i am really worried when i see falled strands=(
What do you think, is it possible to keep my hair for about, i dont know, atleast 2-4 years with min+keto only? What is possibility for me to become NW4 in the short-term?

Yes, i know with finasteride i could be much easier, but i really don't want to throw my sexual and sport life to the towel.
IMAGE_990.jpgIMAGE_991.jpgIMAGE_992.jpgIMAGE_994.jpg

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
So i am 2 weeks off finasteride, didn't notice any difference in hair density, i shed mostly the same amount of hair daily, sometimes more, sometimes less. Libido rised, but semen volume is almost the same still.
What really bothers me is hair density on the top my head, compared to the sides/back - i am sure the distance between each hair "sprout dot"(sry, don't know how to describe this better) is too big=(
IMAGE_021.jpg
By the way, here is my 1 year old pics(i was 28, now i am 29) before any treatments -
may 2013( 28 y.o., pre any treatments).jpgmay 2013( 28 y.o., pre any treatments)2.jpgmay 2013( 28 y.o., pre any treatments)3.jpg
It feels like i didn't had male pattern baldness at all, and hair density felt a little better. Sometimes i think i should not start this minoxidil at all...I don't know, i am lost=(

footbal123

Reaction score
To be honest, I think you're still in the money. At 28 and having hair this nice, I would just go out and live the dream haha. If anything go see a derm and get another opinion because it looks good to me!