34, Had A Consultation With Dr Lupanzula, Just A Few Questions With Pics

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you feel you have OCD then you are not a good candidate for a hair transplant. Surgical hair restoration comes with some compromises and that includes it not looking like the God given hair you were born with. Hair transplantation can very often look a little off and many find they have to finesse it in order for it to look right. This finessing part does not work well if you have OCD. It could easily become hours of work.

In the past we have seen doctors take on patients that were probably not good candidates maybe the same issue slight OCD. All that was needed was to ask the right questions and if a patient is looking for perfection then they have to be ruled out. But what sometimes happens is the money becomes too good and the end result is an unhappy patient. When the patient complains then the patient is attacked as not being reasonable when that could have been easily assessed then avoided pre hair transplant. The onus is always on the doctor/clinic and there are no exceptions. They have the knowledge and experience as they deal with it on a daily basis.

You might want to take some more time and you have to absolutely see at least a dozen hair transplants in person with at least 50% being NW6 restorations. Gives you a better idea of the limitations.

Having dense donor can be a blessing or a curse. Dense thick hair doesn’t always look natural in the hairline so if the wrong hairs are used it creates huge issues. Take your time cosmetic surgery can be a blessing but very often a huge mistake.

Hollywood has it’s share. For example Jeremy Piven usually does the slight comb forward with his hair transplant and you will find that to often be the case with many others. Sometimes the hairs just don’t look right so styling in a way to conceal is usually the choice. Can you live with that type of result? He also might be using concealer which is sometimes needed with hair transplant depending on the situation. People in general don't like to talk about these issues but as a consumer advocate I feel the need to bring them up and pass it on.

Piven 1.jpg
Piven.jpg

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Original poster you might want to consider additional consultations because the numbers might change and you want to know before and not after your procedure. Some of the doctors that have been around the longest with years of results and a long history of patient experiences posted on line by the patients themselves include ( Woods/Australia, Lorenzo/Spain, ********/Belgium, and Cole/USA) Are all these doctors perfect? No. Do any of these doctors tie themselves to online marketers? No and that matters a great deal. Are all these doctors exceptionally skilled above and beyond the rest of the pack? Yes history cannot be denied. Most of the highly skilled doctors were posting on the major forums years ago regardless of their geographic location.

Do I like all of these doctors on a personal level from my observations? No. But what matters most is that you place yourself in the hands of a doctor that is highly skilled first and foremost. It doesn’t matter how I feel about a doctor from my observations and interactions because maybe what I’m seeing is not real and the obligation to any other prospective patient is to send them in the right direction where they are not going to potentially be harmed because the skill level of that doctor is so high they become a class unto themselves and become their own list. Maybe some doctors are so frustrated by the marketing scumbags that continually create threads on forums as a way of talking up a doctor that it starts to affect them. This constantly talking up doctors has led some guys to Turkey for example and it was the worst mistake of their life. This is where repair patients seem to now be coming from and where do repair patients go? Guess what it's that same list I just gave you. Repair patients are backed into a corner and have no choice but to travel to where the absolute best happen to be.

But we can’t blame the new repair patients. Who would think that people would do this with online forums. Create a false marketing campaign for a medical procedure but it happens on a regular basis. So get some more consultations in for your own peace of mind.

RB15

Reaction score
Yes i'm very aware of the role my OCD could play in this and it is another reason i'm holding back slightly, it's just such a hard decision to make as if i get a good result i believe it would change my life, if it's on the other hand a bad result i would be seriously p!ssed off with myself...

Thanks

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont it bro...ive seen some hair transplant up close n they look like sh*t..my cowrkr got one done and he got butchered..wait a few yrs until they get beter at it