40 steps to completely reverse M.P.B.

baroudeur

Established Member
Reaction score
misterE said:
1. Decrease testosterone production (low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol, reducing cholesterol levels).
2. Decrease D.H.T. levels (inhibit alpha-5-reductase, low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol).
3. Inhibit alpha-5-reductase (beta sitosterol, flaxseeds, green tea).
4. Increase S.H.B.G. (lower insulin levels, low fat/high fiber diet, flaxseeds).
5. Inhibit aromatase (beta sitosterol, flaxseeds, D.I.M.).
6. Decrease estrogen production (reducing body fat, low fat/high fiber diet, flaxseeds, reduce dairy products, milk is the big offender!).
7. Increase the ratio of 2-hydroxyestrogen to 16-hydroxyestrogen (D.I.M., flaxseeds, cruciferous vegetables).
8. Lower IGF-1 levels (eliminate sugar intake, flaxseeds, eliminate dairy products and meat).
9. Increase IGFBP (reducing insulin levels, green tea, flaxseeds).
10. Increase Human Growth Hormone (hunger, endurance exercise, reducing estrogen levels).
11. Balance prostaglandins (omega 3 fatty acids, low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol).
12. Reduce cortisol levels (reducing estrogen levels, exercise, beta sitosterol).
13. Reduce cholesterol production (beta sitosterol, dietary fiber, low fat diet).
14. Reduce L.D.L. oxidation (red wine/resveratrol, alpha lipoic acid, beta sitosterol).
15. Decrease blood pressure (increase nitric oxide production, low fat/high fiber diet, red wine/resveratrol).
16. Increase nitric oxide production (red wine, low fat diet, exercise).
17. Reduce prolactin levels (reducing estrogen levels).
18. Decrease the risk for atherosclerosis (low fat/high fiber diet, red wine/resveratrol, beta sitosterol, reducing cholesterol levels).
19. Decrease the risk for insulin resistance or diabetes (low fat/high fiber diet, exercise, eliminate sugar consumption).
20. Avoid all sources of xenoestrogens (liquids in plastic containers/bottles of any kind, canned food, dairy and meat, lotions).
21. Increase melatonin levels (sleep in complete darkness, supplement, walnuts, red wine).
22. Eliminate all sources of refined sugar (soda, candy, junk food).
23. Eliminate all sources of trans-fat (ingredients that say "partially hydrogenated oil", fried foods of any kind, margarine)
24. Dramatically reduce saturated fat and monounsaturated fat intake and increase omega-3.
25. Decrease free radical activity (Increase glutathione levels, alpha lipoic acid, red wine/resveratrol, green tea).
26. Increase glutathione levels (alpha lipoic acid, beta sitosterol, green tea)
27. Decrease sebum production (low fat/high fiber diet, decreasing D.H.T. levels, nizoral shampoo, lowering cholesterol, eliminate dairy and meat).
28. Reduce inflammation (beta sitosterol, red wine, green tea, flaxseeds, nizoral shampoo).
29. Walk as often as you can.
30. Exercise often.
31. Have sex often.
32. Reduce salt intake.
33. Wash hair in cool water.
34. Use nizoral shampoo every other day or two.
35. Stay away from dairy and meat.
35. Take a zinc/magnesium citrate supplement, but not too often!
36. Drink only water, green tea, and red wine in moderation.
37. Eat one half-cup of fresh beans a day, no canned beans!
38. Eat as much organic food as possible.
39. Eat low on the food chain.
40. Patience. Remember that a complete hair growth cycle is two to six years. Baldness takes literally years to reverse, just like it took years to develop, just be confident and positive and patient and these 40 steps will more than likely completely reverse the hair loss within two to six years… remember patience is a virtue.

i agree on all exept for having sex, having sex increase dht,some will disagree but for me hairloss started at a time i was having sex 5 times a day ...

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those abstract docjo77.

I have tried telling MisterE many times that IGF-1 is one of the many necessary growth factors required from proper hair growth.

Another good one

Dermatol Online J. 1999 Nov;5(2):1.

Insulin-like growth factor 1 and hair growth.
Su HY, Hickford JG, Bickerstaffe R, Palmer BR.

Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) has been identified as an important growth factor in many biological systems.[1] It shares considerable structural homology with insulin and exerts insulin-like effects on food intake and glucose metabolism. Recently it has been suggested to play a role in regulating cellular proliferation and migration during the development of hair follicles. [2,3] To exert its biological effects, the IGF-1 is required to activate cells by binding to specific cell-surface receptors. The type I IGF receptor (IGF-1R) is the only IGF receptor to have IGF-mediated signaling functions.[1] In circulation, this growth factor mediates endocrine action of growth hormone (GH) on somatic growth and is bound to specific binding proteins (BPs). The latter control IGF transport, efflux from vascular compartments and association with cell surface receptors.[4] In tissues, IGF-1 is produced by mesenchymal type cells and acts in a paracrine and autocrine fashion by binding to the IGF-1R. This binding activates the receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) that triggers the downstream responses and finally stimulates cell division.[5] IGF-1 may therefore be able to stimulate the proliferation of hair follicle cells through cellular signaling pathways of its receptors. Local infusion of IGF-1 into sheep has been reported to be capable of stimulating protein synthesis in the skin.[6] It may also increase the production of wool keratin. Recently, transgenic mice overexpressing IGF-1 in the skin have been shown to have earlier hair follicle development than controls.[7] In addition, this growth factor plays an important role in many cell types as a survival factor to prevent cell death.[8] This anti-apoptotic function of IGF-1 may be important to the development of follicle cells as follicles undergo a growth cycle where the regressive, catagen phase is apoptosis driven. In this review, the effects of IGF-1 on follicle cell proliferation and differentiation are discussed. In particular, the paracrine versus endocrine action of IGF-1 on hair growth and the targeting of expression of the growth factor to the follicles of transgenic animals will be emphasized. The anti-apoptotic role of IGF-1 in hair follicles is also reviewed. Prospects for future studies on hair and fiber growth by IGF-1 are discussed.

NesHair

Banned
Reaction score
In on roll bread
no thnx jeff, some of my friends dont follow any of those steps and they have a model looking solid hairline. Lol, some even are on roids.

This is some massive bs.

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
1. Decrease testosterone production (low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol, reducing cholesterol levels).

There is little evidence to suggest that this will help male pattern baldness in any way.

If you are going to put such an arrogant title on your thread, you best be ready to back it up with some real evidence.

I was reading the thread, trying to figure out what this dude (powersam) is defensive about… Then I see his signature.

"The paleo diet and some other stuff."

The paleotards community have long ago admitted hair loss is a very common side effect of their diet.
It is an axiom.

http://paleohacks.com/questions/501076/your-hair-on-paleo.html
http://paleohacks.com/questions/176541/hair-and-hair-loss-on-paleoprimal-with-varying-lev.html
http://paleohacks.com/questions/504771/paleo-and-hair-loss.html