A video that I think you guys should watch :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Now of course I don't believe every word that comes out this guys mouth (for starters I'm not Christian lol) but.. just have a watch. For some of you, male pattern baldness may well be completely genetic, but for many or even most of us, I completely believe what he is saying holds true. Enjoy :)

and by the way if anyone else round here feels like following the health path in all this I think it would be awesome to make some more connections and get chatting! Ok, the vid!

[youtube:18y9cbcz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FiOsLRT6qQ[/youtube:18y9cbcz]

Hope you liked it!

Hoppi :)

SIGH...Hoppi male pattern baldness *IS* genetic. Androgenetic Alopecia is the correct medical term. Androgenetic Alopecia it stands for, it is a compound word. Andro - which is short for androgens, and Genetic - which is there because there is ALWAYS an underlying genetic component to male pattern baldness!

IF you dont have the gene you dont go bald regardless of raw food or not. This guy doesnt not know what he is talking about. I know healthy guys who are balding and dudes who eat almost nothing but meat and use roids and have nice NW1 hair.

This is the last time I will respond and post in these crack pot threads though hoppi. I know you dont believe what you are trying to preach or you would not be on these message boards. But you are on minoxidil and want to try CB and RU and maybe Fluridil.

The evidence is you DONT believe any of this either.

Hoppi

Reaction score
sir chugalot said:
The enzymes that are destroyed are plant enzymes, no biggie.

Some foods need to be cooked to get the most benefit out of them, if people move to a raw veg diet then without chomping on some vitamins and minerals, and probably having a protein shake they're risking serious malnutrition.

It's about balance.

I think it's common knowledge about the health benefits of cooking tomatoes, but here's some other stuff hopefully the age of the article isn't too important, It's getting a bit late for me to do some proper research

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/359175.stm

I expect there are some vegetables that are better raw.

Also don't forget the cooking methodology can be a factor.

Plant enzymes like bromelain and papain are still useful in humans though, and they cleanse us and make life easier for our pancreas. They also kill bugs in the intestines.

Hoppi

Reaction score
blaze - your androgen levels can fluctuate.

Jacob

Reaction score
sir chugalot said:
Some foods need to be cooked to get the most benefit out of them, if people move to a raw veg diet then without chomping on some vitamins and minerals, and probably having a protein shake they're risking serious malnutrition.

It's about balance.

I think it's common knowledge about the health benefits of cooking tomatoes, but here's some other stuff hopefully the age of the article isn't too important, It's getting a bit late for me to do some proper research

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/359175.stm

I expect there are some vegetables that are better raw.

Also don't forget the cooking methodology can be a factor.

Roasting peanuts..another example: http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com...tm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter+Daily

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
sandyc said:
I like the guy and think raw food helps, but it probably has a very minimal effect on balding.

Thing is, I'm very aware that my hair went down the pan the exact same time that my digestion and skin and everything did. Like, within weeks or perhaps a month or two tops (I remember finding hair EVERYWHERE and it piling out in the shower pretty quickly). Either this is an absolutely amazing coincidence (which very, very often feels like HairLossTalk.com's favourite word other than "Propecia"), or there was and is a health-based connection.

I know what I think, and I think people really, really need to be open minded and analytical, because otherwise there's no-one else that the individual is really fooling/cheating but themselves, IMO :(

Oh Hoppi, you've been so hooked in by the snake oil merchants and quacks that you're even starting to use their rhetoric.

Just because you're the only person who can't see a fake for what it is, does not mean everyone else is being closed minded and "cheating themselves"; it just means that you've been suckered in by yet another "natural" liar.

I sincerely hope that one day you'll wake up to the reality of the world and the vile bottom feeders in it before you do yourself and the others who you try to get to join you in your foolishness, irreparable harm.

Hoppi

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Hoppi said:
sandyc said:
I like the guy and think raw food helps, but it probably has a very minimal effect on balding.

Thing is, I'm very aware that my hair went down the pan the exact same time that my digestion and skin and everything did. Like, within weeks or perhaps a month or two tops (I remember finding hair EVERYWHERE and it piling out in the shower pretty quickly). Either this is an absolutely amazing coincidence (which very, very often feels like HairLossTalk.com's favourite word other than "Propecia"), or there was and is a health-based connection.

I know what I think, and I think people really, really need to be open minded and analytical, because otherwise there's no-one else that the individual is really fooling/cheating but themselves, IMO :(

Oh Hoppi, you've been so hooked in by the snake oil merchants and quacks that you're even starting to use their rhetoric.

Just because you're the only person who can't see a fake for what it is, does not mean everyone else is being closed minded and "cheating themselves"; it just means that you've been suckered in by yet another "natural" liar.

I sincerely hope that one day you'll wake up to the reality of the world and the vile bottom feeders in it before you do yourself and the others who you try to get to join you in your foolishness, irreparable harm.

I think we just need to agree to disagree on this :)

37_agree-disagree.gif

lol ^^ I love that picture!

GeminiX

Reaction score
Afraid not Hoppi, I'll never agree to dangerous quacks and liars trying to convince others to give up on proven medicine and use "alternative" treatments instead.

Posting this idiot's video shows that you still don't care for the well being of others in the slightest, or the harm you might be doing.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Afraid not Hoppi, I'll never agree to dangerous quacks and liars trying to convince others to give up on proven medicine and use "alternative" treatments instead.

Posting this idiot's video shows that you still don't care for the well being of others in the slightest, or the harm you might be doing.

It's like trying to argue science with a fundamentalist Christian.
lolsdu.gif

Hoppi

Reaction score
GeminiX said:

It shows nothing of the sort o_O

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Before you hop on the vegan train, you might want to plan your diet carefully to avoid any deficiencies. And I'm not talking about only vitamin B12 (which is a real concern):

Vegetable vs. Animal Sources of Vitamin A: Why Eating Carrots Isn't Enough

The authors conclude that the vitamin A activity of beta-carotene can be "surprisingly low and variable". Even in those who did respond to supplementation, mean absorption was only ~4% and the conversion ratio was ~0.05.

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
I just love backing these morons into corners. I guess that's my biggest weakness, because it is so easy.

I know you're probably pissed about having ugly black pubes growing out of your knuckles, but you're just a punk keyboard warrior who nobody likes. Nothing more.

Hoppi

Reaction score
JLL said:
Before you hop on the vegan train, you might want to plan your diet carefully to avoid any deficiencies. And I'm not talking about only vitamin B12 (which is a real concern):

Vegetable vs. Animal Sources of Vitamin A: Why Eating Carrots Isn't Enough

The authors conclude that the vitamin A activity of beta-carotene can be "surprisingly low and variable". Even in those who did respond to supplementation, mean absorption was only ~4% and the conversion ratio was ~0.05.

What about Spirulina? :)

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
NES said:
Rogazzle said:
I just love backing these morons into corners. I guess that's my biggest weakness, because it is so easy.

I know you're probably pissed about having ugly black pubes growing out of your knuckles, but you're just a punk keyboard warrior who nobody likes. Nothing more.

Listen Norwood, in the historeee of HairLossTalk.com, I am probably one of the most beloved persona's ever to grace these here E-HairGrowth forums. If you looked at my view counts, you'd know this.

Without, a freaking DoUBT.
epi3b8.jpg

So keep it in the pants, Pedro.

Rogazzle,

6'1"
Ripped
No Tattoo's
Black Amex
Gated Community
Rich
Hung
Successful
Excellent Dancer

You? Cuddled with your glo-worm and cried yourself to sleep. Again.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I think for all the mad and often pretty out of order stuff Rogazzle has said I'll give him one thing. He always makes me laugh.. lol