About to drop meds..

G

jeffsss said:
htownballa said:
I would advise you guys to stay on the propecia or move to dutasteride...once u give up these meds uve basically given up the fight against male pattern baldness imo

i see you've been on propecia 1 month.. come back in 11. and when it's done nothing for you, you'll be singing a different tune.

lol chances are it will work fine for him, just like it works for 80%+.

jeffsss

Reaction score
JayMan said:
jeffsss said:
htownballa said:
I would advise you guys to stay on the propecia or move to dutasteride...once u give up these meds uve basically given up the fight against male pattern baldness imo

i see you've been on propecia 1 month.. come back in 11. and when it's done nothing for you, you'll be singing a different tune.

LOL.. ooookay!!!

i want you to save this thread.. you come back in 11 months too.. damn newbies.. lol

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
JayMan said:
jeffsss said:
htownballa said:

LOL.. ooookay!!!

i want you to save this thread.. you come back in 11 months too.. damn newbies.. lol

Lol Jefsss what ur saying is very depressing but i have to admit that u are in a minority....for most ppl and even doctors that ive talked to say that propecia does work for almost everybody (in ur case it mightve slowed down ur hairloss slightly)

My advice is to give propecia another year

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
htownballa said:
ang_99 said:
I remember when my hair started to thin and I was like, "damn, I cant see myself taking a pill EVERYDAY! wow thats just crazy but I guess I have to do it. Now, my attitude is ...I'll take 20 pills a day if thats what it takes. Not sure what this has to do with the topic but yeah, I agree propecia is defenitly not the miracle I thought it was going to be. What a damn shame.

It hasnt worked for you either huh?

It may have slowed down loss but who the hell knows... I went through a big shed/loss/whatever the past 3-4 months which left my hair thinner. That tells me propecia isnt working. Having said that I will continue to take simply for the fear of lossing more rapidly.

jeffsss

Reaction score
ang_99 said:
htownballa said:
[quote="ang_99":dba70]I remember when my hair started to thin and I was like, "damn, I cant see myself taking a pill EVERYDAY! wow thats just crazy but I guess I have to do it. Now, my attitude is ...I'll take 20 pills a day if thats what it takes. Not sure what this has to do with the topic but yeah, I agree propecia is defenitly not the miracle I thought it was going to be. What a damn shame.

It hasnt worked for you either huh?

It may have slowed down loss but who the hell knows... I went through a big shed/loss/whatever the past 3-4 months which left my hair thinner. That tells me propecia isnt working. Having said that I will continue to take simply for the fear of lossing more rapidly.[/quote:dba70]

and now were slaves. :cry:

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Well propecia at least... tomorrow will offically be 365 days of the stupid little $2 pill.

the only thing that it's done is lightened my wallet.

question... should i drop it cold turkey or should i ease off of it?!?? I want my poor hormones to function how they should.

You are gonna go bald if you stop those pills little man.

There is such a thing called maintenance - maybe you have heard of it?

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss, i agree with the majority of posts on this thread that you should NOT stop propecia.

Let me tell you, i was on propecia for many years and basically the whole time i thought this damn drug wasn't doing a goddamn thing, except taking my hard earned cash. The hairloss continued throughout. But i kept telling myself that without this drug, my hairloss would hve accelerated far quicker, and since i could afford it (just) i kept on popping the pills.

It wasnt till i turned 29 and got back into reading this forum i suddenly realised, man there are a lot of young guys with big hairloss problems, and while i have been pretty pissed at my hairloss, i think what i hve now for a 29 year old is pretty damn good. I attribute this completely to propecia. It may not seem its working, but i guarantee it is helpng to some degree. I didnt realise its effectiveness until 7 years in!!!

If the sides are bearable, then it can ONLY help you with your hairloss problem. When there is something that can only benefit you, why wouldnt you do it? You'd be crazy to stop. I may have fark all posts on this forum, but that donesnt make me a newbie. Remember that Jeffsss.

Good luck mate.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
jc444 said:
jeffsss, i agree with the majority of posts on this thread that you should NOT stop propecia.

Let me tell you, i was on propecia for many years and basically the whole time i thought this damn drug wasn't doing a goddamn thing, except taking my hard earned cash. The hairloss continued throughout. But i kept telling myself that without this drug, my hairloss would hve accelerated far quicker, and since i could afford it (just) i kept on popping the pills.

It wasnt till i turned 29 and got back into reading this forum i suddenly realised, man there are a lot of young guys with big hairloss problems, and while i have been pretty pissed at my hairloss, i think what i hve now for a 29 year old is pretty damn good. I attribute this completely to propecia. It may not seem its working, but i guarantee it is helpng to some degree. I didnt realise its effectiveness until 7 years in!!!

If the sides are bearable, then it can ONLY help you with your hairloss problem. When there is something that can only benefit you, why wouldnt you do it? You'd be crazy to stop. I may have fark all posts on this forum, but that donesnt make me a newbie. Remember that Jeffsss.

Good luck mate.

That is very reassuring and expected. Just out of curiosity, what was ur hair situation as you started the Propecia and what is it now?