Absolute Confirmation From Using Topical Castor Oil?

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Used to take 2-3ml orally but I was also on finasteride+minoxidil along with other general supplements like biotin. I've recently started (after quitting everything) applying castor oil topically, I also mix it with a bunch of other oils to my liking such as coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, argan oil. I don't think I see any less shedding or anything, I just apply it for fun I guess, if I were to see less shedding and some thickening it would be a miracle.

But for me, even with a 3mm buzzcut, applying castor oil is just very troublesome as it's very thick and sticky and I feel like I need to apply a good bit for it to cover my scalp. I don't understand how some of you can sleep with it, don't you have a mess on your pillow afterwards? or do you only apply very little bit of oil?

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are not on anything else? minoxidil, finasteride? Nizoral?

Have you been on anything before this regimen?

I am 37 and the only thing i used till now is Nizoral 2% ! since 25 years old. Now i did have a massive 2 stage 7000 graft FUE hair transplant , so i stopped even looking at forums for a good 8 years ! as my hair looked amazing after this.. but sorry to tell everyone the transplanted grafts do slowly suffer the same fate unless you use something that works ! this is why most hair transplant doctors advise rogaine or finastedine. Nizoral seems to have some effect but not that strong it seems.

So i started researching the forums again recently to save my hair for the 2nd time.

So currently at month 3 of 3in1 ANTI DHT vitamin , castor oil peppermint and other essential oils and 2 months after i bought a scalp massager. i have gone the nuclear natural regime :)

After making my own castor oil mix, i now found and use the wild hair growth oil as that has heaps of other active ingredient like VIT D as well as castor and pumpkin oil.

But for my eyebrowes and temple points i used this to test the castor oil and peppermint oil, and i can tell i have the longest hair i have every had their ! and peach fuzz on my temple points. This is not cosmetically significant... .but i can see fluff that was not their before.

For male pattern baldness hair.. hard to tell as its too early.. if u see on the scalp massage studies month 3 is actually LESS then baseline.. mnth 6 is more .. so i am waiting till the before i make comment.. but overall my hair does already look and feel a lot better ! even though i may have lost some terminal hairs i have more smaller hairs now ??? great thing about this is that my hair transplant hair looks a lot more natural now than it did 8 years ago ! i.e too strong and abrupt.. now it looks more natural soft receeded a bit and matches the location... lots of small hairs also make it blend in better than the 100% terminal hairs after the hair transplant.

I will be takeing photos monthly.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
I did alot of reading up on it after seeing swisstemples Prostaglandin protocol. According to his research its a PGE2 ep3 agonist - of course his protocol had alot of other stuff in it though. Theres alot of mixed reviews on using it if you look around. On his askfm page there were a couple of people reporting regrowth using castor oil alone. But nothing major. But keep in mind most people used a penetration enhancer. I tried it for a while and used ethanol as a penetration enhancer. Swiss used DMSO, I brought some but never ended up using it since its so powerful and potentially dangerous. I also took it internally by filling empty caps.
The only reason I stopped was because its so dam greasy (well it is an oil). I personally think there is some merit to it, but maybe not just by itself.
are we still talking about swiss temples? we really need to let him and his ideas go, nothing he did or his ideas worked for anyone, be it in the lithium chloride or the pge2 etc. i think he shouldn't even be in the hair loss discussion anymore.

ThinButNotTooTHin

Reaction score
How were the results? Did it stop working? Was it only Coconut and Castor oils? When did you start seeing results?

Results have been good, going on 5 months now.

Within about 2 months, I saw new, full hairs in front of where my hairline had previously stalled after being on Finasteride and Minoxidil for 2 years. I suspect more hairs will arise in the coming months as some marginal hairs shed and regenerate as fuller, darker hairs.

My mixture included nothing else initially, but I have since added PPO, Thyme, and Lavender.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Massive I've just restarted to take castor oil again, since a month. And I apply it on my shaved head with coconut oil. In the morning almost all oil is gone. maybe coconut oil enhance the penetration. I tried to add dmso, but I see no change so I stop it. Maybe it will work for you (just 10-20%)

Yeah maybe... actually I been kinda lazy with the castor oil, haven't applied it for a week. It's been over 5 months I still have 24/7 head pressures/headaches and I had so many tests and check ups done me, even had MRI/MRA and everything came back fine. It's been about 4 months that I quit all the hair loss meds I was taking and I really miss my hair. I don't mind experimenting with castor oil just for fun, maybe even try it on my beard, but in the long run it most likely not do anything helpful for my male pattern baldness.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We used castor oil in the German forum a lot. Dozen of people tested it. At the end it didn't work out. Sorry guys...

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We used castor oil in the German forum a lot. Dozen of people tested it. At the end it didn't work out. Sorry guys...

There's a definitive answer. So we can scratch this off the list or if you think you got a result significant like minoxidil, please come forward.

Teflon Don

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw castor oil in the Indian supermarket is the only place I saw it. I think it is used in cooking oil since the ricin is removed in the processing. I think jasmine oil is the oil you can apply topically to the hair.

Amanda Brussels

My Regimen
Reaction score
How were the results? Did it stop working? Was it only Coconut and Castor oils? When did you start seeing results?

Hi i was using Castor for 2 months, and the results amaze me,i have long hair and i didnt notice that on the left part of head ,it was a small circle like a coin size and i notice hair was gone.. so my granny bought this castor and tells me how to use.. i like it because it has a mint feeling.

Amanda Brussels

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check out this guy:

He's legit, had great results.
Watch the whole video and be amazed at his before and after pictures of his hairline.
The thing about castor oil is that it has to be "cold pressed" to do anything.
I had 2 kinds, one that is cold pressed and one that is not,
and I could definitely feel the difference, when I massaged the cold pressed one into my scalp I felt tingling,
it was a great feeling, but when I used the other kind that is not cold pressed there was no feeling at all.
It does something for sure, but I guess it changes from one person to another like every other product.
hi can you give some brands for this castor oil?

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saturated my scalp with castor oil for 4 hours, 3 times a week. I did this over a year and didn't notice much benefit. My eyelashes did grow longer and my monobrow came in stronger. I personally think coconut oil does better for my hair (diffuse areas at the back not as noticeable after half a year).

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saturated my scalp with castor oil for 4 hours, 3 times a week. I did this over a year and didn't notice much benefit. My eyelashes did grow longer and my monobrow came in stronger. I personally think coconut oil does better for my hair (diffuse areas at the back not as noticeable after half a year).
you know so far at 3 months i notice exact same thing ! i apply to eyebrows and some are like double normal length.. and peach fuzz on temples... so it works as a growth booster... but on the balding areas less effect... its as if its damaged skin and needs more help... hence why im doing scalp massage and some other topicals and will start dermaroller soon. castor oil must help but only as part of a bigger regime.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mostly castor oil and peppermint oil both eyebrowes a few times a week 3 mth results nearly 2cm long eyebrowe hair ! however only 1 on the left side rest seem thicker and little longer...but could be that i dabbed cod liver and lavendar oil on that left side only... so now will try without castor and peppermint and just lavendar left and cod liver oil right eyebrowe.. and see which side goes nuts growth...and of course i am also using on my head hair..

Attachments

• 20170712_201602.jpg
    20170712_201602.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 769
Last edited:

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
are we still talking about swiss temples? we really need to let him and his ideas go, nothing he did or his ideas worked for anyone, be it in the lithium chloride or the pge2 etc. i think he shouldn't even be in the hair loss discussion anymore.
I agree. Swisstemples' Voodoo is not working. We should stay away from his ideas and instead eat more Toblerone.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
b12 did show to be a wnt-agonist it is good with wounding, cause wnt signals are important at that point, dont use castor after wounding.

The issue with topical castor oil is the penetration. On paper it is a small miracle, w ptgds inhibiting effect and on top of that it is a natural pge2ep3(i read also ep4 in the paper but not sure) analogue. I mean come on, lets try to fix this.

I am trying right now 33% DMSO and 1,5% Grapefruit Oil (limonene seems to be pge2 agonist, 1% seems to be the cap as penetration enhancer), I am also considering to as retin-a as retinoide als seem to be ptgds inhibitors plus there is another penetration enhancer. 72h after wounding I am using also a 0.3mm dermaroller for penetration.

If we get the acids in the castor oil where it belongs, we got a powerful and cheap tool man.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Swiss protocoll isnt perfect for sure, but it is definitively a big step into the right direction.

However I gotta ask, how many people did actually do the full protocoll. How many people would take the ghetto protocoll and remove 3 things, exactly many. Particularly sunburns one of the most powerful tools on the ghetto protocoll is someting probably exactly zero people followed through (ofc because sunburns are heavily associated with skincancer).

Lots of people bought small amounts of seti, and made like 2% topical of it, but it never worked cause they got a shittie vehicle.
They bought from kane, who is known to sell expensive table salts all day and everyone just gives up like "oh it's not working".

You guys deny research and studies. There are currently some guys who did massive progress with a high doses of seti like 500mg all 8h on this forum with exogenous pge2 applied and wounding. That cd34 and 200 are pretty much missing on a bald head and pgd2 levels are elevated 12fold while pge2 levels are lowered is what studies have shown.

This kind of *** behavior, people complaining after taking dmso orally, and sending him suicide crap due to hair loss is why we dont have swiss around anymore. Not because it isnt working at all.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive started castor oil with some peppermint in it. Really as an add on to big3 regime. I dermaroll aswell every couple weeks with a 1.5mm.

Im not really expecting any regrowth from it but its great for the scalp and hair. So healthy scalp and hair is always a good thing when you have hairloss. At least my scalp will be optimum condition for finasteride and inox to do something. My hairs been stable enough for about ten yrs on finasteride. Ive receeded bit more this year. So if any miracle regrowth from castor oil dors happen i will be able to spot it well.

Have to say it does feel great!