Action Love and Dr. Lin

G

I have read about arginine in high doses can cause prolactin and GH release, but 2-3 grams a day is not a high dose.

Also found this on actionloove on finasteride:

''When the testosterone level increases, the liver has to detoxify testosterone with aromatase for testosterone-estrogen conversion, instead of using 5-alpha reductase for testosterone-DHT conversion, and release more SHGB protein to freeze excessive testosterone in the blood stream.. While your brain and penis gets more estrogen but less DHT, your pituitary gland will release more prolactin for lowering your libido and shrinking your penis .''

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Music23 said:
I have read about arginine in high doses can cause prolactin and GH release, but 2-3 grams a day is not a high dose.

True, but AAKG is more powerfull than the L form, and if supplementing heavily ( 10g+ ) of AAKG ED It could become an issue with some people.

G

Music23 wrote:

True, but AAKG is more powerfull than the L form, and if supplementing heavily ( 10g+ ) of AAKG ED It could become an issue with some people.

I have read that AAKG is more powerful. Just don't go overboard. We need arginine to produce nitric oxide(vasodilation). This is good for our soldier and our hair.

Take one gram in the morning and one gram before sleeping. It should be taken on an empty stomach.

You should also take antioxidants and folic acid.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another option is Citruline Malate, which is another powerfull NO precursor that does not have prolactin issues like Arginine.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Music23 said:

Also found this on actionloove on finasteride:

''When the testosterone level increases, the liver has to detoxify testosterone with aromatase for testosterone-estrogen conversion, instead of using 5-alpha reductase for testosterone-DHT conversion, and release more SHGB protein to freeze excessive testosterone in the blood stream.. While your brain and penis gets more estrogen but less DHT, your pituitary gland will release more prolactin for lowering your libido and shrinking your penis .''

The studies showing arginine caused higher levels of HGH used 7-10 grams.

G

First of all dht has a function in many organs and also the brain. When you lower dht it will not be able to what it does when the level is sufficient.

For years DHT has been written about as if it really does not have a function. It has multiple functions, for libido/erection, androgen/estradiol ratio, brain protection.....

I would not compare people who are born with 5-alpha deficiency with healthy individuals who do not have such a deficiency. Powersam where do you read about those people with 5-alpha reductase deficiency leading a perfectly healthy life? Sure maybe they do not have heart problem, kidney problems etc.... However you have to be able to compare everything: intelligence, social behaviour etc... all elements.

Furthermore these people were born with this unfortunate health issue. Healthy people are not born with this disorder. The organs have been developing with the DHT level you have without using finasteride.

You must understand DHT, T, Estradiol and all other hormones make what you are. When you start changing hormone levels, you are essentially changing who you are. Of course you will not become somebody else with finasteride, but you are messing with yourself IMO.

We already know what it can do for libido/erection. Some people continue using finasteride even if they go limp! They have difficulty with erection, but keep using finasteride!

There are many other options for regaining/maintaining hair without messing with your hormones. Minoxidil, revivogen, crinagen, arginine, other topicals.

However many people start with finasteride! Some use it when they have minimal hair loss!

Crazy world!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
There are probably a few newbies here who aren't terribly familiar with the so-called "pseudohermaphrodites" in the Dominican Republic. Here are a few photos of them which were scanned from a medical journal article:

http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/pse ... rodite.htm

Bryan