ACV & Cayenne questions...

G

that was what I tried to say to :) thanks for sharing Mer..
Why are so many people here just to recomend the big 3.. We all already know about that.. Am not so impressed by these people as they are not here to dicuss the best route but to praise this big 3.

We already know about it!!! Its old news!!!

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Fight: Go over to alt.baldspot.com and do a search on capsaicin. It appears to be ok to use. Has some good effects apparently. Another good vasodilator and penetration enhancer is nicotinic acid.

Also do a search on cysteine or (NAC). You'll be violating a patent if you use NAC, but if you do use it, make very small batches and refrigerate it. It gets stinky pretty fast, although, the smell probably doesn't hurt the effect apparently. (Dr. Proctor has the patent on topical NAC. Same for topical arginine, taurine and histidine.)

(I read an old post where one guy made a 25 percent cayenne powder mixed with 100 proof alcohol and added 2 percent NAC. He got results with it. So who knows?!)

The old wive's tale for making cayenne pepper extract is mix 125 grams with 500 ml of 100 proof vodka and soak for 2 weeks, shaking daily and removing the cap each day to release pressure. Drain and strain after 2 weeks through cheesecloth. (This "recipe" can be used to make MANY plant extracts.)

I use the cayenne extract about once a week. Does it help? I have no idea. It does make my scalp feel good though.

I take NAC orally, not topically, but it is a pretty good antioxidant either way.

If you're going to go this route, I'd say make the cayenne extract as your bulk base. Then make separate 2 ounce mixes with 2 percent NAC and 2 percent green tea extract added AND REFRIGERATE.

I've make this type of concoction but use 2 percent apply poly powder instead of NAC from Beyond a Century. (It's a good antioxidant and doesn't stink like NAC.) I make alot of wacko stuff like this to hopefully get my scalp in better health. :hairy:

Oh, btw, I think Bryan has the patent on green tea extract!? :) (The green tea extract is touted to reduce the effect of androgens.)

still_trying

Reaction score
to be fair to him, this is posted in the EXPERIMENTAL section.

there's nothing experimental about nizoral, finasteride and minoxidil - ACV/cayenne rinse IS experimental and something that i've heard a lot about...

no one's gonna go crazy over this post and ditch the big 3 for some vinear(well, lets hope not!) , so just let people post their ideas..

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I've been doing the ACV w/ cayenne pre-shampoo rinse (even added a tablespoon of ground ginger) since around January.

Except for the fact that my scalp feels great afterwards, I cannot honestly say it has done anything to help prevent loss or prompt regrowth.

I'll keep using for now.