Adam's Story (20 / Propecia 2 yrs., starting nizoral.)

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Adam's story (20 yrs. old, Propecia 2 yrs., starting nizoral.)

you should apply to all thinning areas

but only using it once a day
and going through a whole bottle in5 days is too much

i kinda have the same problem

so i use about 3ml liquid minoxidil at night

and a moderate amount to the foam during the day

since your only using it once a day
why dont you try using the cheaper
minoxidil liquid at night
it's wicked cheap compared to the foam
so you can go buck wild with it

Adam2

Reaction score

I'll try to use less of the foam I guess, but I don't really think I've been using a ridiculous amount of it or anything. I have to part my hair about 8 times on the top of my head, applying the foam each time, enough to cover the entire top. I want to make sure it is applied thoroughly and correctly. Anyone else with suggestions?

Adam2

Reaction score

UPDATE:

Well I've been using Rogaine every day for 4 weeks now (along with the Propecia and Nizoral). I think I have noticed a bit of a shed (nothing major, just noticing thinner hair and patches more). I can see some real small/light hairs on the front of my hairline, though I noticed them prior to starting Rogaine as well. I sometimes think I feel new hairs coming in on the back of my head, but it might be my imagination.

Is Rogaine really going to be effective used all over the scalp?

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score

Adam2 said:
Thank you, but I still worry about future loss a great deal. Is the article I quoted in my original post accurate? That is what I am most afraid of... thinking that although my hair loss can stabilize, I will eventually lose all of the hair on top that is diffusely thinning, even with treatment such as Propecia and Rogaine. Is this true?

I'm not an expert and I haven't read the whole article but long-term effects of finasteride are still a mystery. Propecia is still a relatively recent drug and, as far as I know, there aren't that many studies on this.

I can, however, assure you that:

a) Diffuse thinners respond better to the treatment.

b) I've been taking finasteride for over 13 years and I've maintained my hair.

Reaction score

Yeah rogaine is effective all over the scalp, although by law they had to state it works on the crown as this is where they did the study and hair counts. It works all over, hell it would even put hairs on your chest if you applied it there!

Adam2

Reaction score

Thank you for the interest. I've been applying the Rogaine every day for a couple months now, minus a handful of days when I haven't for various reasons. I going to keep sticking with it consistently.

I think I'm seeing some (hopefully) good signs. My hair seems real thin sometimes, so I'm hoping that means I'm shedding and the Rogaine is working. I think I have some growth on my upper temples, on my front hair line. I also little hairs all across my hair line, that I hope are a result. I sometimes think I might feel some small hairs on my head when I apply the Rogaine. So I don't know... hopefully things are kind of working. I'll keep up the routine and see...