Adolobe's Story Updated 5/13/10 New Pix

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Updated 5/13/10 new pix page 2

Ok guys bare with me this is pretty ong but I like to be detailed.

So at the age of 23 (i just turned 29) I noticed my hair wasn't as thick and full when styling as It was a year earlier. My dad and his father have male pattern baldness and my moms side is all full of hair. Im a twin so this is were it gets fucked up. My twin must of got my Moms side ad I got my dads. He has a full head of hair.

At the age of 23 with the help of this forum I started taking finasteride and using Folligen lotion but I used it as a styling gel really. I fig out if you let it dry a bit you can use it to style your hair and since my hair was pretty dark to begin with you could never tell. I did this for about 4 months till my family convinced me it was all just in my head. Mainly they used my brother as reasoning since we were twins. So successfully convinced i was nuts I stopped taking both finasteride and folligen.

Now just turning 29 you really start to notice things about yourself mainly with the big 30 around he corner. This is when i noticed the hair on the top of my head was about half as thick as the sides and back. Over the past 6 years I had always keep my hair pretty short due to my job requiring a clean look. Thanks to the economy Ive since changed jobs and wanted to grow my hair out last summer and this is when I really started to notice my family was dead wrong.

I never had any sides with finasteride when I took it for 4 months in 2004 but just to be safe I wanted to stick with topical regime only for the start. I remembered Dr Lee was pretty popular on the forums back then with his formulas and the less greasy applications. So I went to his site and noticed he carried a 6% solution with finasteride. I filled out the consultation forums, paid the $10 though I had heared it was $20. Guess he lowered it.

Once I received my verification from Dr Lee I placed my first order for two months supply of the 6% plus. He suggested Xandrox 5% in the AM and 15% plus at night. But not wanting to use the strong stuff now just in case I need it later and the fact my hair isnt total sh*t yet I went with the 6% formula with topical finasteride.

Im some what lucky that when my hair is dry and not styled with any product and grown out about 1.5-2 inches it looks pretty decent but when styled or wet it all goes to sh*t. I took some pictures of my hair line dry and wet after applying my first application of Minoxidil 6% which I will upload at the end of this post.

Ive now been using the 6% plus twice a day for 5 weeks. Ive not had any massive shed so Im thankful for that. I have noticed a couple of little hairs in my temples that I didnt notice before weather these are new or ones I just missed is anyone's guess. I fig its way to early to even consider seeing any improvement.

Also not having any sides with the topical finasteride I decided I should approach it on both fronts. So I visited a doctor off the Propecial web site and got a prescription for Proscar. I divided up 4 pills in to 1/8's so it only cost like $2 a month. I figured if I take 1/8 about .62mg oraly in the morning with regular minoxidil and apply the 6%Plus at night with is supposed 1mg of finasteride though Dr Lee informed me that only about .2-.3 mg of it actually is absorbed on each application. That would put me at close to the 1mg dose daily and maybe the topical one is more effective in the long run. Crossing my fingers on that.

Right now that's my daily regime but Im thinking of changing out the regular Minoxidil 5% I got form Dr Lee with the regular Xandrox 5% with the added benefit of the 5% azelaic acid and its supposed 98% DHT blocker claims for the morning application.

I do have to give props to Dr Lee's regular Minoxidil 5% and the 6%Plus. They are super easy to apply and non greasy. Sure if I squeeze to much out of the dopper all I have to do is wait for it to dry completely and then comb my hair and you cant even tell I put anything on vs the Kirklands I tried for a week in 2003 and stopped due to the gunky feel.

Attachments

• SNV31206.JPG
    SNV31206.JPG
    554 KB · Views: 418
  • SNV31202.JPG
    SNV31202.JPG
    551.8 KB · Views: 292
  • SNV31203.JPG
    SNV31203.JPG
    537 KB · Views: 302
  • SNV31201.JPG
    SNV31201.JPG
    549 KB · Views: 299
  • SNV31207.JPG
    SNV31207.JPG
    556.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 2004.jpg
    2004.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 314

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Adolobe's Story

Small update.

I started a shed today. Not much maybe 50-75 hairs. The only change to my regime is oral finasteride now vs topical only. Which I did the topical finasteride only for 6 weeks with no shed.

Not sure if the oral finasteride is the cause of the shed or not. But im well aware the shed is a good sign.

I Took a really close look at my hair line today. I try to not look at it, actually make it a point to not look at it but once ever two week. This way to insure the notice of any change.

There are several say 15-20 small 1-2 cm long dark thick hairs that have popped up across the hair line in the front and a few on each temple. I know they are new as they are very short and much darker than the other hairs. Im not sure if this is the minoxidil or the topical finasteride+ minoxidil to attribute to them being so dark. I know it has nothing to do with the oral finasteride as they are to long to be from it with the limited time Ive been on oral finasteride.

With diffused thinning its hard to tell of new regrowth past the hairline but I attribute that there is base off what im seeing off the temples and front.

No side effects to report. My morning wood had soften a bit for the past few weeks. But that was short lived now its just as annoying as before I even started.

I have also changed my diet some based of reading from propeciahelp.com about eating more broccoli, cabbage, ad brusel sprouts in your diet. Not that I needed them to remove side effects but I fig they are healthy and will do some good long term.

Im also considering on my next order from Dr lee to pick up some of his 12.5% cream to use on the temples as I really want to kick start that area the most. Ive read a few things about it but Ive not seen a whole lot on the forms.

Anyone want to provide some feedback on the 12.5% lotion for temples only would be great.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

I also picked up a year of Propecia the other day from Kaiser after visiting one of there Derms. I used the coupon off Propecia.com for $260 off the first year. With the Kaiser discount and the coupon it was $340 for a year supply.

The derm at Kaiser informed me and even showed me how ( I played stupid and didnt tell him I was taking Proscar from an outside derm) to break the bills. He recommended only taking .5mg a day max as clinical studies have showed very little improvement between .5m and 1mg daily. His exact words were .2mg is 80+% as effective as .5mg base of clinical trial so .5m is the max most individuals would need and anything more would be overkill to there system.

Pretty smart guy who def has some knowledge about it all. He even told me he has been on finasteride for the past 9 years and it worked to 80% of his hair. He did admit he had a HTP for the temples about 3 years ago and even showed me the scar. I was shocked. He showed me a picture of his father and him before he started Propecia and man did he grow some hair. He admits it to .5mg of finasteride, Minoxidil and sticking to your regime.

I also asked him about nizoral shampoo, he said its good but not needed for some people. He informed it it all depends on and individual level weather its needed or not.

So based of his advice I have a two year supply of Prpeocai which breaks down to about $14 a month. Not bad at all. Little more than the Generic Proscar Ive been taking. I'll Probably disregard the Proscar after Ive finished taking the ones I've already precut.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

Just wanted to report a slight change to my regime. I will be posting pictures when the first post is 30 days old

I had a lot of hairs sprout up along the hairline that are thicker and darker than the older hairs. I assume they are also sprouting up all over also. I contribute this to my minoxidil regime. Also a lot of the peach fuzz hairs in my temple are now starting to turn dark brown.

Starting 3/20/10 Ive been adding Xandrox 12.5% lotion to my temple area. I purchased the small bottle when I was close to running out of item #500. Thankful I get my order next day as Im in SD and priority mail is next day service for souther cali.

The small bottle says two pumps is 1ml. I use only one pump or about .5ml divided in two parts. Thus Im applying .25ml of Xandrox 12.5% lotion to each temple area.

I apply the lotion about 10 min after I apply my regular minoxidil application.

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score

Your hairloss seems pretty similar to mine, and we're the same age as well. I too have been taking propecia (started about two weeks ago); I began taking .25mg/day and experienced minimal/no sides, so as of yesterday I bumped up the dosage to .5mg/day (I'm staying away from generics). I'm debating whether to add minoxidil now or wait a few months to see what happens with propecia and nizoral alone. I'm curious if you've tried the foam, as I think that if I add minoxidil to my regimen it will either be Lee's 6% or foam - need something that will dry fast and not leave a residue.

Good luck with your regimen; I look forward to seeing how things work out for you. :)

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

sergiotahini said:
Your hairloss seems pretty similar to mine, and we're the same age as well. I too have been taking propecia (started about two weeks ago); I began taking .25mg/day and experienced minimal/no sides, so as of yesterday I bumped up the dosage to .5mg/day (I'm staying away from generics). I'm debating whether to add minoxidil now or wait a few months to see what happens with propecia and nizoral alone. I'm curious if you've tried the foam, as I think that if I add minoxidil to my regimen it will either be Lee's 6% or foam - need something that will dry fast and not leave a residue.

Good luck with your regimen; I look forward to seeing how things work out for you. :)

Hey

Your best method of combating male pattern baldness is both finasteride and Minoxidil as combines they yield great results in most.

I have used the Rogain Foam and personally its a wast for me. With my diffused thinning a lot of it gets lost on the hair. Some people make up for that by using more foam but thats just flushing money down the drain.

I find that using Dr Lee's regular 5% which is about the same price as foam per month works remarkable better. It drys super fast and does not make you hair look like sh*t. In fact I cant even tell I put it on after it drys which is about 2-3 mins. I toss the spray cap and use the dropper. He provides both with each bottle.

The way I apply it is I brush my hair back then take the dropper and slide it from front to back while slightly squeezing it. In 1ml Im able to do about 7 passes like this. The i just take my finger tips and spread it around slightly but not to the point of getting it in my hair. Finally i just message like one drop in each temple are along the hair line for good measure. Then I style my hair as normal.

The 6% Plus is also nice. For the first month I only used the 6%Plus but once I started taking .5mg oral finasteride i use the topical 6%Plus for night application only and I only use .5ml for the frontal portion of my hair. A good portion of the topical finasteride will absorb systematically so you don't want to over do it if you have sides on .5mg or oral finasteride. From my understanding using .5ml of 6%Plus would lead to about .1m-.2mg systematic absorption.

This is why I only take .5mg of oral finasteride each morning and apply the 6%Plus at night so I'm taking in about .7mg of finasteride each day.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Adolobe, how is the minoxidil 12.5% lotion? Does it go on clean or greasy? How does it make your hair look with it?

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

DoctorHouse said:
Adolobe, how is the minoxidil 12.5% lotion? Does it go on clean or greasy? How does it make your hair look with it?

Actually it just disappears..seriously you rub it on and its gone with out a trace to the eye. You know its there cuz you can feel the tingle from the A. Acid.

I was surprised how anonymous it looks because when you first squeeze it out it feels gritty.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Adolobe's Story New Photos as 4/19

Im a little late on the update but here it is with pic's.

My hair has become much more noticeably thicker and ppl are commenting regularly that my hair looks darker and thicker.

I just got a hair cut the same one I've had for like 2 years. I figured now was the best time to update my photos.

My daily regime is the following

AM
-1/2 Propecia
-1.5ml Dr Lee's regular 5%
-12.5% Xandrox lotion on temples only half the daily dosage split between both

Night
-1ml Dr Lee's 6% Plus
I still have about a month supply left of 6%Plus after that not sure if i'll reorder it now that I've been taking 1/2 Propecial daily for little over a month.

I use nizoral shampoo every 2 days so some weeks its twice and other is 3x.

Attachments

• SNV31326.JPG
    SNV31326.JPG
    544.9 KB · Views: 303
  • SNV31328.JPG
    SNV31328.JPG
    547 KB · Views: 262
  • SNV31331.JPG
    SNV31331.JPG
    546.5 KB · Views: 282
  • SNV31333.JPG
    SNV31333.JPG
    550.2 KB · Views: 241
  • SNV31334.JPG
    SNV31334.JPG
    554.3 KB · Views: 292
  • SNV31336.JPG
    SNV31336.JPG
    559.2 KB · Views: 250
  • SNV31338.JPG
    SNV31338.JPG
    556.2 KB · Views: 258

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score

1 one month...and looks good...I have the same problem as you...I just want to order minoxidil...

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

andrei_eremenko said:
1 one month...and looks good...I have the same problem as you...I just want to order minoxidil...

I've been on Minoxidil for little over 3 months and oral finasteride just little over a month. As you can see I made the most progress in the last 6 weeks. Proof that noticeable results come after about 2-3 months on Min.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

Bombarie said:
good job dude! It isn`t noticable anymore that you where balding!

Thanks man. Im really happy with the way my hair is turning round. I know final results hover around 6-12 month mark so Im very optimistic.

I'll try to post a pic 2moro of my hair styled as well to compare to the one a few years ago in my first post.

A1e

Reaction score

:bravo:

hey man, i am really happy that you are seeing such good results, your hair has definitely improved keep up bro :punk:

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

Figured it was time for another update.

On May 1st I flew out to the east coast for a business trip and to visit the family for Mother's Day and a few birthdays.

First the good news. My mom was blown away the first words out of her mouth when she saw me was what did I do to my hair. At first I though she was making an insult but then she said it looked darker and much fuller.

However the checkpoint at the airport they confiscated my Min and flying in on a Friday night I wouldn't be able to order a replacement till Monday and even with express shipping I wouldn't get it till Wed. Not wanting to go that long I picked up some generic at Target.

I have to say it was extremely greasy. It dries very clean however but the wait time is an hour or more. The first two days were ok but on the 3rd day my scalp began to itch constantly.

Thankfully my replacement order arrived on Wed and the itching went away in about 2 days.

Outside of that my regime has remained the same for the most part.

Attachments

• S4021389.JPG
    S4021389.JPG
    561.4 KB · Views: 230
  • S4021387.JPG
    S4021387.JPG
    554.5 KB · Views: 231
  • S4021388.JPG
    S4021388.JPG
    388.3 KB · Views: 214
G

hey man you should be really excited. Now looking at your hairline it looks perfect for your profile. nice and thick on top where you had some thinning.

the realy question is how do YOU feel about the progress?

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Im extremely happy with my progress.

Five months ago my hair looked like sh*t and you could always see my scalp poking through no matter what I could do. Especially in the temple areas. I can actually brush my hair to the side in the front ad not see my scalp something I could never do in January.

Thankfully my regime is a very low maintenance routine I spent MAX maybe 5 mins total each day applying the Min for my AM and PM treatments and taking my finasteride.

I really dont understand how ppl could complain about doing this for several years when it takes me longer to brush my teeth =P

uncle_beans

Reaction score
Man I just looked at your photos and they are amazing!

I am hoping to reach your standard... I don't have any photos uploaded. But so far I am doing pretty good. I actually am not using propecia though... I am using revivogen/spironolactone 5%. My biggest fear is that they might not be as good as propecia, but I am under the impression that together they do the job.

Which product in your regime would you say is responsible for taking your growing hair to the next level?

Cheers,

Uncle beans