Adolobe's Story Updated 5/13/10 New Pix

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Adolobe's Story

adolobe said:
However the checkpoint at the airport they confiscated my Min .

What the hel, can they do that? Whas it in your hand luggage?

Is this only in the states?, im going overseas soon you see and hav'nt takin min/ finasteride etc before

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Adolobe's Story

Defiance said:
adolobe said:
However the checkpoint at the airport they confiscated my Min .

What the hel, can they do that? Whas it in your hand luggage?

Is this only in the states?, im going overseas soon you see and hav'nt takin min/ finasteride etc before

Yes in the States at check point you have to show them all liquids in your possession. Any liquid that is over 2oz not in a see through container they have the right to confiscate unless its prescribe by a doctor.

The prescription label from Dr Lee had come off at some point for the minoxidil solution. But not off my Xandrox 12.5% lotion so I was able to keep that one. But I only apply that to my temples.

It also didnt help that the main ingredient in the solution was alcohol which is a flammable

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
uncle_beans said:
Man I just looked at your photos and they are amazing!

I am hoping to reach your standard... I don't have any photos uploaded. But so far I am doing pretty good. I actually am not using propecia though... I am using revivogen/spironolactone 5%. My biggest fear is that they might not be as good as propecia, but I am under the impression that together they do the job.

Which product in your regime would you say is responsible for taking your growing hair to the next level?

Cheers,

Uncle beans

I personally dont put any faith in Revivogen myself. Furthermore I question the integrity of spironolactone as a long term effective use. I've found inconclusive information on the effectiveness of spironolactone through out the day. I don't doubt it helps to a degree though as it does convert to estrogen.

For me, I place all my success at this point on Dr Lee's Minoxidil solution. Its clean and non greasy and its the only formula that I can leave on all day with out going nuts from scratching my scalp.

Its really to early for Propecia/finasteride as Ive only been on them for about 5 months (topical or oral). I do know they have dropped my DHT levels when going by my blood work. So in the long run its a win win. It will help slow down the process and help my hair grow in a less harsh inflammatory immune response environment.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Definite progress Adolobe!

How's your brother's hair?

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
This is great results...If I can have something similar id be sooo happy!

Congrats man. Amazing.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Definite progress Adolobe!

How's your brother's hair?

My brothers hair is the same as it was when he was 18...guess he was the lucky one.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Adolobe's Story Updated 7/31 Massive Shedding

Small update not photos just yet.

Ive been going through a massive shed the past 6 week. Im talking 200+ hairs a day. I can literally fill the bottom of the sink with hairs if i shake my hands through my hair. Kind of discouraging. Im about were I was when I started 8 months ago. All my regrowth has basically come out which if you see the photos you can see alot of regrowth is gone.

Now Im not sure if this is due to seasonal shedding, I do know that my scalp has been really itchy the past 6 weeks.

The only change in the past 2 months to my regime is that I removed the 6%Plus with finasteride. Im still taking .5mg orally and applying regular 5% and Xandrox 12% to the temple areas.

If i was to break up a time line. This shed started about the same time I removed 6%Plus and then ordered a new supply of 5% from Dr Lee. So either the 6%Plus is the key to my hair growth of the new batch of 5% from Dr Lee is batched.

I've also ready that Finastiride can lead to a massive shedding around week 16. I started oral finasteride in April so that would put me at the 16 week mark give or take a week .

I'll take a photo of wet and dry and post later today when I shower.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair did improve further than my last update. I did stop taking oral finasteride for the past 8 months. Not because of side effects but because I was using Dr. Lee's 6% Plus. I've had zero change removing oral finasteride.

However now that Dr. Lee is gone and Im not sure of the legitimacy of Minoxidil Solutions version I will more than likely start back on .25mg of oral finasteride daily.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
adolobe said:
My hair did improve further than my last update. I did stop taking oral finasteride for the past 8 months. Not because of side effects but because I was using Dr. Lee's 6% Plus. I've had zero change removing oral finasteride.

However now that Dr. Lee is gone and Im not sure of the legitimacy of Minoxidil Solutions version I will more than likely start back on .25mg of oral finasteride daily.

any pics?