Advice Needed On Fixing Crown Hair Loss

Magicman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on the big 3 now for over 10 days.

I need some advice, first week went fine I felt increased strength at the gym and experienced increased sex drive, but last night, i struggled to get an erection when required and I am feeling a small dull ache in my testicle region.

Should i give propecia more time?, or am I one of the unlucky 2% of people who seem to get side effects?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on the big 3 now for over 10 days.

I need some advice, first week went fine I felt increased strength at the gym and experienced increased sex drive, but last night, i struggled to get an erection when required and I am feeling a small dull ache in my testicle region.

Should i give propecia more time?, or am I one of the unlucky 2% of people who seem to get side effects?
Your body needs time to adjust so give it a month. If your symptoms persist or you start to get brain fog/depression then stop. You can always go to plan B which is RU.

Magicman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking online, RU58841 seems to be a DHT blocker just like propecia, without the side effects seemingly.

Why should this be considered Plan B as opposed to Plan A?

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking online, RU58841 seems to be a DHT blocker just like propecia, without the side effects seemingly.

Don't go with RU. It's a research drug for a reason and it hasn't ever become a brand because it would be impossible to make legal in any decent country. I have read more than one case of people having major heart damage from blocking androgen receptors in the heart (RU goes systemic). Some people have good results from it but it seems asinine to risk using it when finasteride is much safer.

Finasteride, as much as some people have sexual or mental side effects, is at least FDA approved and also approved in every country out there. Any side effects you get will be temporary and it actually improves heart function apparently: http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2015/01/28/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.012066

edit: Ball ache is the most common side effect and I got that even from Saw Palmetto, it'll probably go away but you can lower your dose to 0.20-0.25mg daily(or even lower) and get the same DHT inhibition on your scalp.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

As a topical it doesn't really have sides butts not its not FDA approved, that is all. You purchase it a research chemical.

Magicman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on the meds now for one month, so far i have experienced some shedding but the side effects of propecia have subsided, now I feel comfortable which my regime, can I add any more products to my "starter kit"? :)
IMG_2479.jpg

Magicman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Need some advice.

I am feeling an hyper-increased sex drive, which is odd as everything i read about the drug is about a low-lobido, as i noticed my sex drive drop in the first few weeks, now one month into propecia im completely the opposite, any ideas what is going on scientifically?,

Magicman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Updated the first post,

Two months on the big 3 and I can see the crown area starting to thicken up.

First 6 weeks my hair was shedding like crazy, this has slowed down, looking like i might get results, I'll continue to provide updates, thanks for the help so far.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s great! I’m about 2 weeks into Finasteride.I have been shedding pretty badly (hairs on my shirt, about 20-30 hairs in the shower) but I’m not sure if that was happening before getting on Finasteride as well. I’m thinking about starting minoxidil but I’m worried about the increased shedding. How long did it take for your shedding to stop and how much worse was it as opposed to before treatment? Also, I noticed you said you wear concealers, what do you use? My toppik is on its way and I’m excited to see how well it works.

Magicman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s great! I’m about 2 weeks into Finasteride.I have been shedding pretty badly (hairs on my shirt, about 20-30 hairs in the shower) but I’m not sure if that was happening before getting on Finasteride as well. I’m thinking about starting minoxidil but I’m worried about the increased shedding. How long did it take for your shedding to stop and how much worse was it as opposed to before treatment? Also, I noticed you said you wear concealers, what do you use? My toppik is on its way and I’m excited to see how well it works.

I noticed tons of increased shedding between weeks 2-6, I noticed that the hairs falling out were thinner than the other hairs on my scalp, so each hair that was shed appeared to be affected by DHT, so at the back of my mind I was thinking each hair shed will grow back thicker and stronger. I tried to ignore the hair falling out and i had a shower each morning, otherwise i would notice clumps of hair all over the place :)

I use GoFyber as my concealer, when I go out, however I find using them very tedious and will stop as soon as I have decent-ish coverage in my crown.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed tons of increased shedding between weeks 2-6, I noticed that the hairs falling out were thinner than the other hairs on my scalp, so each hair that was shed appeared to be affected by DHT, so at the back of my mind I was thinking each hair shed will grow back thicker and stronger. I tried to ignore the hair falling out and i had a shower each morning, otherwise i would notice clumps of hair all over the place :)

I use GoFyber as my concealer, when I go out, however I find using them very tedious and will stop as soon as I have decent-ish coverage in my crown.
So you did regrow the hair’s shedding off?

Magicman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you did regrow the hair’s shedding off?

I highly doubt I have in such a short time.

All I know is 8/9 weeks in so far im happy, no more hairs on my pillow or in the shower, I used to have a bad itch on my crown which has now disappeared. No sides whatsoever and from what i can tell a slight visual improvement on my crown.

The truth of it is, It seems I need to wait 4-6months to assess initial improvements if any, and wait a full year to determine how successful the treatment is.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil only,twice everyday (4 months)...but I use more than the recommended dose because I have to cover all my head...thanks god my scalp is not affected by the amount that I use
How are the results still holding up?