Advice?

pauly1

Reaction score
Hi i am 20 years old and my hair is receding like a horse shoe shape.I have been using Nizoral shampoo for about 5 to 6 months but i feel i need something else as my hair is still receding ecspecially at the temples.I would really love to grow the hair back on my temples that i have lost.What do you recommend i should do?I do not want to take anything that will make me impotent and lower my sex drive.I would really appreciate advice.Thanks

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pauly i saw great results with propecia + xandrox 15% plus + emu oil. i almost restored my hairline. i am also trying new experimental products that will help restore my juvenile hairline.

pauly1

Reaction score
israelite said:
pauly i saw great results with propecia + xandrox 15% plus + emu oil. i almost restored my hairline. i am also trying new experimental products that will help restore my juvenile hairline.
Im really scared to take these as i really dont want to become impotent or have sexual dysfunction.Ive read a lot of bad things abot propecia ect.

mires

Reaction score
pauly11 said:
israelite said:
Im really scared to take these as i really dont want to become impotent or have sexual dysfunction.Ive read a lot of bad things abot propecia ect.

A 20 year old with aggressive male pattern baldness would most likely benefit a lot from finasteride or dutasteride. I understand your fear of sides, I tried finasteride several years ago for a month or so with 1.25mg/day and I quit due to me not being able to handle the stress and fear of sides. In retrospect I don't think I had any actual side effects except for watery sperm. I had been using Minoxidil (Rogaine) for quite some time when I began taking finasteride and minoxidil had pretty much stopped working. In other words my hairloss had become stronger than Minoxidil.

Trust me, if you do not want to lose most of your hair before you are 30 then you will need more than just Nizoral. If you are adamant about not using finasteride then I would recommend 5% Minoxidil twice a day. That will give you some regrowth at first and then maintain your hair for maybe a year or two if you are lucky. There are also all kinds of supplements, topicals and "magic" shampoos etc. but the reality is that those will at best just help the big 3. They will not stop or slow down the actual male pattern baldness process.

I have started taking finasteride again a month ago or so and I'm taking 0.625mg/day (a 5mg pill cut into 8 pieces). So far no side effects whatsoever, not even watery sperm. I am 28 and I don't have much hair left anymore at this point, I am regretting NOT taking finasteride continuously ever since I first noticed that I was balding. You can check out my current pictures in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69492

I don't want to scare you, but if you have the same kind of male pattern baldness that I have then that ^^ is most likely what your head will look like after a few years without treatment. My hairloss has reached the point where if it gets any worse I'll just start shaving it all off and be 100% bald for the rest of my life.

pauly1

Reaction score
I am loosing most of my hair where i circles with green.its the same on the other side.im sure i am gettin male pattern baldness:(
hair5fh.jpg

KnowHair

Reaction score
If you want to keep your hair, get on Finasteride ASAP. Go to a dermatologist and have him give you a prescription for Proscar, 1/4 of tablet every day.

There were many studies done on side effects of Finasteride and it's proven to be safer than just about any drug out there. Do not listen to the online anti-Propecia extremists who finally found a nice target to blame all their failures on - misery loves company and some of them would love for you to be as miserable as they are and to give up on keeping you hair or to waste your money on worthless unproven potions instead. I've been on Finasteride for the last 13 years - kept all my hair and then some, with zero side effects, and moved on with my life to the far more important issues.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
if i can go back in time to your age i would have gotten on finasteride way sooner. Try it, if you get side effects then you can stop it. it's a gamble.

pauly1

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys ill try and see a dermatologist and stop this before it gets any worse.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
KnowHair said:
If you want to keep your hair, get on Finasteride ASAP. Go to a dermatologist and have him give you a prescription for Proscar, 1/4 of tablet every day.

There were many studies done on side effects of Finasteride and it's proven to be safer than just about any drug out there. Do not listen to the online anti-Propecia extremists who finally found a nice target to blame all their failures on - misery loves company and some of them would love for you to be as miserable as they are and to give up on keeping you hair or to waste your money on worthless unproven potions instead. I've been on Finasteride for the last 13 years - kept all my hair and then some, with zero side effects, and moved on with my life to the far more important issues.

Safer than any drug out there?

I tell you what. Go on google and search 'finasteride side effects' or 'propecia side effects' see what you find. Now, google any other drugs side effects. You won't find any that have numerous websites dedicated to desroyed lives from using the drug. A forum with over 2000 members of men that suffer PERMANENT side effects. A study on PERMANANENT side effects.

I guess you could check out the official website? oh no wait, propecia.com is down and replaced by FDA warning to report side effects because they are covering there *** while lawsuits are ongoing.

Finasteride is probably one of the most dangerous drugs available for men - in terms of potential to ruin your quality of life. Side effects are extremely common and permanent side effects are possible.

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
You could also check the UK National Health Service website and the American Hair Loss Association websites, that detail how the side effects of finasteride occur very rarely and are almost always reversible. Two sides to every argument, and while I'm not discounting propecia help, I set more stock in the other two.

You can also still buy propecia from their website. I'd imagine if they thought they were going to be sued they wouldn't continue to sell propecia, as it would just potentially add more fuel to the fire if these 'extremely common' side effects continued to effect more people. Fortunately the fire doesn't exist.

The exact same warning about reporting side effects to the FDA can be found on the v**** website, and I'd imagine it could be found on most prescription drugs sites as it's probably a legal requirement. Nothing to worry about.

pauly1

Reaction score
Whats the best shampoo to use along with Nizoral as i can only use Nizoral every 1 to 2 weeks? This is a shortlist of shampoos i have put together.

DS Laboratories Revita Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
Nioxin Shampoo
Revivogen Shampoo
Tricomin Shampoo
Phytocyane Shampoo
Hair Genesis Shampoo

pauly1

Reaction score
KnowHair said:

I sent a email to a medical centre an my city to ask for an appointment to see a dermatologist but they sent a email back saying i would need to be referred to them by my doctor so i made an appointment to see my doctor today and said to him i think i need to see a dermatologist as i am getting male pattern baldness ect and i also asked him about minoxidil,propecia and vitamins.Anyway he had a little look through my hair and said theres nothing i can do about it and he told me to eat healthier ect and told me i could get a blood test to check things out and feel my liver but im a pussy when it comes to needles.He said if things get worse ive to come back to him but i was hoping he world have referred me to see a dermatologist but he didnt :|Ive currently order biotin and a copule of other vitamins so hopefully that will improve things.

Reaction score
pauly11 said:
Whats the best shampoo to use along with Nizoral as i can only use Nizoral every 1 to 2 weeks? This is a shortlist of shampoos i have put together.

Nioxin Shampoo
Revivogen Shampoo
Tricomin Shampoo
Phytocyane Shampoo
Hair Genesis Shampoo

Nizoral is really the best option you have, i would suggest you also use a good conditioner after the shampoo to make your hair look and feel more lively.

pauly1

Reaction score
HairPlzzComeBack said:
pauly11 said:

Nioxin Shampoo
Revivogen Shampoo
Tricomin Shampoo
Phytocyane Shampoo
Hair Genesis Shampoo

Nizoral is really the best option you have, i would suggest you also use a good conditioner after the shampoo to make your hair look and feel more lively.

Is there any difference between these Nizoral Shampoos because i have been using this anti dandruff one not the 2%
This is the one ive been using http://www.boots.com/en/Nizoral-Dandruf ... 20100%20ml
Its looks different from this one http://www.lifepluspharmacy.com/product ... P&aid=GBUK

Reaction score
pauly11 said:
HairPlzzComeBack said:
pauly11 said:

Nioxin Shampoo
Revivogen Shampoo
Tricomin Shampoo
Phytocyane Shampoo
Hair Genesis Shampoo

Is there any difference between these Nizoral Shampoos because i have been using this anti dandruff one not the 2%
This is the one ive been using http://www.boots.com/en/Nizoral-Dandruf ... 20100%20ml
Its looks different from this one http://www.lifepluspharmacy.com/product ... P&aid=GBUK

It depends on how much dandruff you have, as long as i had dense hair i had very bad dandruff so in that case 2% is a good option but if you dont have an autoimmune disorder that causes dandruff then you dont need the shampoo, it wont help. It is only used to control the autoimmune response that causes chronic dandruff which may also cause hairloss.

So its left to your skin type and problem.

triplethreat1

Reaction score
Pauly..doctors don't know anything about hairloss. I'm 25 and I went to mine about it back when I first had noticeable temple loss when I was 20. He said I didn't have male pattern baldness.

Just do what I did and buy ur treatments online.. Its cheap and comes straight to your door. Lol

I order kirkland minoxidil off ebay. One month supply is £5 and is delivered in 2days. I buy my finasteride off inhouse pharmcies online. I get a generic version called fincar. Costs me £15 for 3 month supply. So 3 bottles of minoxidil cost me 15 and so does the finasteride. So 3months treatment costs £30... £10 a month! Simples!!

Get online now and buy your warchest of treatments and start asap. In no time you'll e posting ur one months pics up for us to see! Good luck bro

pauly1

Reaction score
I got vitamins from holland & barrett today and took 1 of each of these at about 5 oclock with a banana
Biotin 300ug
Niacin 100mg
Vitamin B6 100mg
Saw Palmetto 450mg
MSM 750mg

10 mins later imy face,neck,hands,knees came out in a red rash and i felt weird.I had to phone the doctors as i was getting a bit worried and she said it may have been the colour/dye from the pills.She said i had to go to the chemist and get Chlorphenamine.Once i took 1 the redness of my skin went back to normal about half an hour later and i felt better.Ive to take 1 every 4 to 6 hours.I would like to know what has caused this is it an allergic reaction or side effect and has anyone else had this?

mires

Reaction score
Allergic reactions can be dangerous, I would recommend that you don't take all those vitamins and supplements again in one go anymore. You could try narrowing out the culprit by taking each supplement by itself in a smaller dose and then seeing which one is causing the rash. But I can already tell you that it is not MSM.

Also, your doctor is an idiot if he says that there is nothing you can do except that you should eat healthier and get more exercise. Those two things are obviously the cornerstones of living a healthy life but they will not protect you against male pattern baldness. It is in your genes and you will lose your hair unless you actually take drugs that are effective against male pattern baldness. Supplements are ok for strengthening existing hair and accelerating hair growth, but they won't help you either in the long run. MSM and Biotin in particular seem to be good at accelerating hair and nail growth. I am taking 2.5mg Biotin and 3g (yeah, 3 grams) MSM daily.

Thirdly, there are a select few individuals who go around spamming all forums (and even youtube) with anti-finasteride comments. I don't doubt for a second that Finasteride has actually caused temporary (or even permanent) impotence and a loss of libido in some unlucky people but the scaremongering these people are spouting will probably stop some men from actually taking a drug that would stop/seriously slow down their hair loss, without side effects. I am, so far at least, one of those people who are eating finasteride daily without any side effects. It's too early to tell if finasteride will stop my hair loss or even give me regrowth but so far the results have been promising and I will continue taking finasteride daily.