After sucess, 3month shed, now disgrace. !10APRIL PHOTOS!

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: After sucess, 3month shed, now disgrace. (PICS updated 8Nov)

Pereira,
I am about to start minoxidil for diffuse hairloss, similiar to yours without Finasteride as I can not tolerate the sides. Doi you recommend I go with the liquid or foam? Thanks-Tim

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score

I tried foam for awhile, but it damaged my hair so I switched to liquid. I think foam is more effective at penetrating the scalp but it destroys your hair in the process.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score

Did you start with the foam or were you on the liquid first?

ShedMaster

Reaction score

symbolx said:
I tried foam for awhile, but it damaged my hair so I switched to liquid. I think foam is more effective at penetrating the scalp but it destroys your hair in the process.

what the hell are you talking about

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score

What the hell are you talking about?
I said I tried foam and it messed up my hair so I switched to liquid.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score

Ok. Quick update

I cutted my hair short. I'm on propecia, minoxidil 5% once a day at night after the bath, nizoral every 2 days. My shower has pretty pressure and when i bath i give a scalp massage with it. My hair is in a bad shape, but i notice very blonde hairs growing up. I experiencied it the last time when i got a huge improvement, so in 1/2 months i will have a head full of hair

in a few days i will arrange time to take some photos

sorry the spectacular english :hairy:

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score

oops, double post

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, Pereira it looks kind of bad. Maybe you should go back to liquid. That is seriously one of the worse sheds I have seen. I feel for you bro.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah no problem, i know. I'm on liquid for the past 3 months, but there were times that i went camping and going out home several days (average 5days) and I didn't apply the minoxidil because liquid is unpleasant. I'm now rigorous on treatments and waiting for results.

Foam was a really bad experience to me, and makes me ungry when some people came here and say that its just the photos, different lightning, hair is wet.. bla bla bla. Its obvious that i lost ground.

ShedMaster

Reaction score

symbolx said:
What the hell are you talking about?
I said I tried foam and it messed up my hair so I switched to liquid.

let me rephrase, why do you say that 'foam' destroys your hair?

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess it was a poor choice of words. What I meant was the foam was 'damaging' my hair because when I using it my hair became a tangled mess and became broken, it was impossible to style etc. I got some pics illustrating this.

[attachment=0:1ftsgkx3]00003.jpg[/attachment:1ftsgkx3]

My hair would look effed up like this. It was before I discovered Nizoral of course. The liquid tends to make my hair oilier, but definitely doesn't do this amount of tangling.

Attachments

• 00003.jpg
    00003.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,393

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Symbolx thats exactly what foam does to my hair! It clumps my hairline together making it more see through and making my temples look twice as receaded as what they would otherwise look. I basically dont have a life on foam using it twice a day because my hair constantly looks like s-hit because of it. The only time it looks better and im able to go out in public without a cap is right after I wash it every 3-4 days between foam applications which is about 6-8 hours during the day.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude maybe you should try dr. lee's (liquid) minoxidil for your morning applications. It dries very fast and leaves the hair looking normal

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Have you tried Dr Lee's before Norsk? I hear its rather expensive :(

Ive always wanted to try that 15% minoxidil stuff but its just to darn expensive! On top of everything else we have to pay in just everyday life, its just getting to be expensive for me. I already spend $150 every 2-3 months on foam not to mention money on finasteride.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I have tried Dr Lee's minoxidil it and it definitely left my hair looking nicer than either Rogaine liquid or Rogaine foam. I used the product "500 Standard Minoxidil 5%, 65 mL" from https://www.minoxidil.com/product.php not the 15% version. It's $16.65 for 65 ml. It's better to pay a little more than not having a life, isn't it?

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Kirkland 5% minoxidil (liquid). I like this stuff a lot better. I think I bought it on eBay and it was not real expensive.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Norsk said:
I have tried Dr Lee's minoxidil it and it definitely left my hair looking nicer than either Rogaine liquid or Rogaine foam. I used the product "500 Standard Minoxidil 5%, 65 mL" from https://www.minoxidil.com/product.php not the 15% version. It's $16.65 for 65 ml. It's better to pay a little more than not having a life, isn't it?

True. I'll definately look into it. Thanks.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with dr lee's 5% too. Fast drying and not greasy at all. The only negative is that sometimes it leaves some white powder after it dryies on my skin or if a clump of hairs get soaked.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
Pereira said:
yeah no problem, i know. I'm on liquid for the past 3 months, but there were times that i went camping and going out home several days (average 5days) and I didn't apply the minoxidil because liquid is unpleasant. I'm now rigorous on treatments and waiting for results.

Foam was a really bad experience to me, and makes me ungry when some people came here and say that its just the photos, different lightning, hair is wet.. bla bla bla. Its obvious that i lost ground.

Yep. you definitely lost a bit.

hmm, I'm also experiencing shed right now. Right after 6th and 7th month of my regimen, everything is downfall. I had a good regrowth at first, but soon after that, its kinda going down the slope. Even now. Good thing is Its still maintaining.

GL bro