After two years taking Dutasteride(0,5 mg per day), my DHT level is 650 pg/ml

devaneios

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it possible? Until four months ago, I was taking oral minoxidil with duta and my results were great. After I stopped the former, I started shedding and the hair that was left thinned a lot. At first, I thought it was telogen effluvium, since I quit minoxidil; but now I'm not sure if duta was affecting my DHT during all that time.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to try something else…
I have bottles of Duasteride.. Like minoxidil it doesn’t work..
But I use it anyway…
I’m trying other approaches because I think the DHT model is flawed & incomplete

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Similar here. I take 2.5mg dutasteride ED +1.25mg finasteride ED + 7.5mg OM for years and I still have a DHT of 0.8, with the normal range being 0.2 - 1. How is that possible? i can't explain it, unless there is some secondary mechanism by which the body creates DHT.
Also, I still lose a lot of hair and regrowth has been minimal, whereas you would expect the greatest hairloss comeback ever on such a regimen.

devaneios

My Regimen
Reaction score
Similar here. I take 2.5mg dutasteride ED +1.25mg finasteride ED + 7.5mg OM for years and I still have a DHT of 0.8, with the normal range being 0.2 - 1. How is that possible? i can't explain it, unless there is some secondary mechanism by which the body creates DHT.
Also, I still lose a lot of hair and regrowth has been minimal, whereas you would expect the greatest hairloss comeback ever on such a regimen.
Has you skin been affected by OM?

I had great results while taking it(now, I can be sure that my results were due to minoxidil), but it made me look 10 years older.

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has you skin been affected by OM?

I had great results while taking it(now, I can be sure that my results were due to minoxidil), but it made me look 10 years older.
I'm not sure, but If I had to pick one I'd say no. I don't think it ages you directly, but certainly it makes your face puffier, which does make you look older.

devaneios

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but If I had to pick one I'd say no. I don't think it ages you directly, but certainly it makes your face puffier, which does make you look older.
It definitely aged me. It's not just puffness; deep nasolabial lines, which I had no any signals before, emerged after I started oral minoxidil. I have no other reason to blame for this effect, and it would be a completely disproportionate natural aging, given how it had been progressing before that - unless I had spent those 20 months working on a cane sugar field or in the war.

My face also got a leathery and shabby aspect, but it, unlike the wrinkles, disappeared after I quit.

Dogchebag

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it possible? Until four months ago, I was taking oral minoxidil with duta and my results were great. After I stopped the former, I started shedding and the hair that was left thinned a lot. At first, I thought it was telogen effluvium, since I quit minoxidil; but now I'm not sure if duta was affecting my DHT during all that time.
Generic med?

Dogchebag

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had skin drama with oral minoxidil too.... I suggest blasting retin a 0.1. I know it's a lot of work but what can we do?

devaneios

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had skin drama with oral minoxidil too.... I suggest blasting retin a 0.1. I know it's a lot of work but what can we do?
I tried and...guess what? This caused a massive shedding. I have been trying different concentrations and frequencies, but it always ruins my hair; the shedding and thinning coincide with me starting to apply tretinoin all the times, and the sides persist until I stop(I tried it once for 5 months and the shedding didn't stop, so it's not just an initial side). Fortunately, the hair always grows back.

Right now, I'm applying it in an extremely small quantity, completely avoiding my forehead, temples and chin, only three times a week(I tried everyday, but the shedding returned). I noted a timid upgrade, but nothing close to the results that applying daily, with a bigger amount, gave me before.

Yeah, I'm cursed: minoxidil solves my hair problem, but ruins my face; tretinoin solve my skin problem(maybe not, but at least makes it looks considerably better), but ruins my hair. What would certainly attack one of the problems without f*****g the other up and is the main component of this treatment simply doesn't work on me.

Last edited: