Ajnar's Story - ( dutasteride/nizoral/minoxidil)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Ajnar's Story - ( 24 / update with PICS!)

How long were you on Finasteride for? I was also on finasteride, for 6 months or so but since 2 months I'm only using Dutasteride now. I experienced thickening with finasteride, but felt hair still gotten worse... although in a much slower rate. I experience a shed from dutasteride now I believe, but I've read that I should be fine if I keep the threatment right???

Anyhow, I've seen a good sucess thread from nickypoos, who only used dutasteride. He got a lot of temple regrowth from it from full use for 6 months or so. I'm hoping for the same succes, as I did had some thickening from finasteride. Then again, it might be because I haven't cut my hair since I'm noticably thinning. But shouldn't longer hair look worse then? Anyway, for me growing my hair still works, and I'm using meds.

ajnar

Reaction score
Re: Ajnar's Story - ( 24 / update with PICS!)

almost 2,5 months passed. hair still keeps falling, first month was strange, no shedding which made me very happy but then the sh*t hit the fan again. hairline hasnt moved, now i suffer more from diffuse hairloss loosing hair volume all over my head. scalp pain and itching still going on :sobbing: .hope by the end of 4th or 6th month at least the hair loss will halt. if nothing gets done by the 6th month i guess i need to start saving money for ru.

0.5 dutasteride eod
5% minoxidil 2x day
nizoral

ajnar

Reaction score
a bit of a update, i cut my hair short. really bad thinning all over :(, been shedding still all the time in the past months. scalp still itches and burns like hell.

fuuuuuck2.jpg

noooooooooooo.jpg

wtfuw.jpg

wtf2gn.jpg

fuuuuuuck.jpg

im quite ok with my hairline but the thinning drives me to madness :thumbdown2:
hairline.jpg

still on dutasteride/minoxidil/nizoral

funny thing that the most bald areas are where i feel the most pain and itching on my scalp.

ajnar

Reaction score
took some photos without flash, hooray for two years zero progress downward spiral ...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 203

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
damn, those recent pictures look exactly like my hair loss except mine is black hair. im on my 3rd month of dutasteride and hope something happens. keep us updated man

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
How often do you wash your hair? The amount of hairs in the shower depends on that.

cuebald

Reaction score
you know I shedded more on finasteride than I did off it for probably a year, if not more. (I would lose twice as many hairs on finasteride).
My hair still improved more though, so I guess the shed hairs grew back with the same diameter and any miniaturisation was halted, rather than me shedding less hairs but having miniaturisation regardless.

male pattern baldness doesn't make it so when you shed a thick hair, it immediately grows back thinner. The miniaturisation process is gradual - if you look at an affected hair still on your head, it'll be thicker at the top than it is at the bottom.

Your hair looks a little diffuse but not so bad. I think you see your crown as being thinner than it really is. I see thin crowns like that on children age 11 - 18 where I work, on people with naturally fine hair.

ajnar

Reaction score
finfighter said:
You need to find a good dermatologist
hah thats a hard thinkg to do here, my last one shoved topical steroids everytime i had visit and refused to prescribe proscar instead of propecia.

finfighter said:
and bring these pictures, have a hair minaturization study done, and have your thyroid levels checked.

i had bloodwork done and thyroid levels checked some time ago, i guest never hurts to have another run after i finish my thesis.

Michael84 said:
How often do you wash your hair? The amount of hairs in the shower depends on that.

every day when i had longer hair (assuming i had to go out) cause of mass sebum problems. now i can go 2 or 3 days max before my scalps goes nuclear and starts to hurt to the point where its unbearable.

cuebald said:
you know I shedded more on finasteride than I did off it for probably a year, if not more. (I would lose twice as many hairs on finasteride).
My hair still improved more though, so I guess the shed hairs grew back with the same diameter and any miniaturisation was halted, rather than me shedding less hairs but having miniaturisation regardless.

yea my finasteride sheds were terrible but still i saw no improvement.

cuebald said:
Your hair looks a little diffuse but not so bad. I think you see your crown as being thinner than it really is. I see thin crowns like that on children age 11 - 18 where I work, on people with naturally fine hair.

i never was really concerned much with my crown. the front and top,where most of my itch and pain comes from, gives the most trouble. my hair was really super thick from the start so it hides some of the problems that appear with loosing hair in a diffuse pattern.

i still have about 2 month supply of dutasteride, prob gonna get another 6 month supply. after that if it doesnt work ill have to give up totally or start saving for a hair transplant.

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
Who is bald in your family? This can give you an insight of your head's future. And regarding your back: I saw other people with the same balding back and sides. It happens seldom but still it happens. I hope you will restore your hair and grow it back long. Good luck, neighbour :punk:

ajnar

Reaction score
Michael84 said:
Who is bald in your family? This can give you an insight of your head's future.
my dad lost some hair in his late 40s but hes a trainwreck from working in the police force. all his brothers have fine hair.
Michael84 said:
And regarding your back: I saw other people with the same balding back and sides. It happens seldom but still it happens. I hope you will restore your hair and grow it back long. Good luck, neighbour
i pretty much gave up on the hair right now, just want to get rid of the pain/burning/itching right now. one small step at a time. thanks for words of encouragement, i hope you do well too.

ajnar

Reaction score
another massive shed in the past week

Attachments

• 090420111269.jpg
    090420111269.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 080420111264.jpg
    080420111264.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 203

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn it man, that looks not too good... And that thinning spot in your neck indeed is weird yes. Did you get a bloodtest done?

Maybe your hair is still shedding from Dutasteride?

I am still shedding to and it began approx. since October last year. My hair got a lot more diffuse as well, and even though there are small regrowing hairs at the hairline and temples it's nothing impressive enough yet to cover up the recession. I even think that I might've receded more. Not sure about it really... Crown is beginning to thin here to, and I can pull out hair constantly from the back as well (not sure if it's the crown the hair is comming from, as my hair is long like yours was before, maybe even longer).

But look at it this way; you've just been starting taking Dutasteride (so do I really, been on it 8 months) so maybe your just experiencing a pro longed shedding from it? Maybe it's working real good, but there where just more miniaturizated hairs than you thought?

The first year on any treathment would give the most sheddings as I read before. Your hair looks very similar to mine in texture (I also have thick brown hair, naturally) and I can relate a lot to your earlier posts, so maybe we're in the same boat (especially since I'm using the same regime).

I also didn't lose any hairs the first few months using dutasteride (began end of August last year), but then again, I was on finasteride for nearly 10/ 11 months before that (and started using 5% minoxidil instead of shitty 2% 3/4 months prior to that)- so that's maybe the reason I didn't lose anything. (Since May however, I started using 5% minoxidil, and took dutasteride 2 times a week, finasteride 3 times) I did experience thickening and more volume since then, but the hairline remained the same. Then around October the top started shedding, and looks worse than the hairline now.

Anyway, dutasteride is a pretty strong medication so maybe we are both just reacting from it? How is your overall lifestyle? Do you have a lot of stress? Do you drink / smoke a lot, or sleep very irregular? And hows your diet? I think things like these play a major role as well when taking heavy medication like dutasteride.

ajnar

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
Did you get a bloodtest done?
i did a basic test and everything was ok. im getting a extensive thyroid test soon.
deadlocks said:
Maybe your hair is still shedding from Dutasteride?
sure its possible, its just frustrating having been on finasteride for a long time and shedding all the time and now on dutasteride its the same.
deadlocks said:
The first year on any treathment would give the most sheddings as I read before.
yea the first year on finasteride was a complete disaster.
ajnar said:
Anyway, dutasteride is a pretty strong medication so maybe we are both just reacting from it? How is your overall lifestyle? Do you have a lot of stress? Do you drink / smoke a lot, or sleep very irregular? And hows your diet? I think things like these play a major role as well when taking heavy medication like dutasteride.
if stress could kill i would be dead long time ago :). i dont smoke and dont drink. my diet is very good and i exercize on a regular basis which is quite frustrating as i finally got one part of my life in check something other falls down the shitter.

ive seen ur thread and indeed the hairloss seems similiar, do you by any chance suffer from scalp pain and itching ? i think thats the thing that interferes with my regimen.

this week im going to my derm to see if he can prescribe me terbinafine (strong oral anti-fungal drug) to combat the scalp pain and itching.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, judging from your pics with the short hair, your hairline seems better than before (long hair) no? But the top and crown are thin now? Yes, my situation is almost exactly the same, except I keep my hair long.

I also experienced sheds on finasteride, although nothing as bad as I'm having now. But seeing you are experiencing similar if not, almost the exact same problem it's good to know my suspicions might be true.

I'm personally going to ride out this shed and see where I'm at when I hit the 1 year mark, which will be at the end of august. Hope that our hair continues to improve. Best of luck.

ajnar

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
Well, judging from your pics with the short hair, your hairline seems better than before (long hair) no?
hairline is pretty much the same.
deadlocks said:
But the top and crown are thin now? Yes, my situation is almost exactly the same, except I keep my hair long.
top,crown yea but the front has diffused terribly. i would prefer to keep my hair long too but i got screwed to much in the front.
ajnar said:
Hope that our hair continues to improve.
yea what else we have ... ive seen some threads in the success stories where people had crazy shedding and a amazing recovery after the shedding stopped.

ajnar

Reaction score
got my 90 day supply of terbinafine (LIVER DAMAGE INCOMING ^^). big shedding in the past three weeks, my whole top is now a really bad case of a combover :(. still on dutasteride/nizoral/min

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Sheddings from meds can take as long as a few months I think... Or at least, that's how long I have been experiencing them. June will be my 10th month on dutasteride, and still haven't seen the regrowth I wanted...

Do you have pictures of your hair as it is right now?

ajnar

Reaction score
[attachment=1:3p4j7snl]130520111351.jpg[/attachment:3p4j7snl]

all hasnt been well :p
[attachment=0:3p4j7snl]240520111374.jpg[/attachment:3p4j7snl]

as usual the front and top suffers the most when i shed. i lost a bit in the back of my neck but too lazy to post comparison photos. harline hasnt really moved, diffuse all the way right now :|

i looked older all my life then i really was but this sh*t gave me like +10 years more to my image :|

Attachments

• 130520111351.jpg
    130520111351.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 188
  • 240520111374.jpg
    240520111374.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 190

ajnar

Reaction score
i give up, the shedding is forcing me to shaving my head to 0 in the upcoming days. terrible pain on my scalp :|

ajnar

Reaction score
goodbye and good luck to others. ill finish the dutasteride i have and just quit.

Attachments

• ffffffffffffffff.jpg
    ffffffffffffffff.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,341