All vitamins are lies

The Gardener

Reaction score
I hear what you are saying and from that perspective I agree with you.

BUT

Consider the importance of vitamins from THIS angle... Our bodies age according to some sort of internal clock. There is some mechanism that tells us at certain times during our longevity, eyebrow #304 is supposed to grow a little bit thicker and start to curl. Sideburn hair #2525 needs to coarsen. Two days later, sideburn hair #1205 needs to turn grey, and scalp hair #2304 needs to become sensitive to DHT, and start to thin.

I know that a complex mix of hormones all regulate these activities, but its not like we are all born with hair on our backs and a full beard. Something in our bodies time-phases these events to happen at certain points in our life.

Studies have clearly shown that overall health affects the timing of these mechanisms. Just recently there was a study showing that stress, in and of itself, can also speed up the pre-programmed clock of aging.

I don't consider vitamins to be any sort of effective weapon against the overall hormonal process underlying male pattern baldness, but I DO believe that vitamins and other supplements such as cellular anti-inflammatories have an effect on the overall "speed" of this aging clock. So, I don't think that vits and sups stop the male pattern baldness process, but I do personally believe that they, in addition to an overall healthy lifestyle and good stress management, can slow the overall inevitable process of ageing, male pattern baldness included.