Am i balding ? or is it maturing hairline. 20 years old

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One last question do i have to use Dermaroller everyday along with Minoxidil ? and which one would you suggest 0.5mm or 1.0mm ?

Nope, the good thing is you only need to microneedle once every 2 weeks. Some Microneedle once a month.

Use Minoxidil every day twice a day, except you should skip Minoxidil on the day of Microneedling, because you don't want too much systemic absorbtion.

Ideally you should use 1.0mm or 1.5mm for safety. You might need to start off on 0.5mm before getting to 1.0mm depending on your pain threshold.

If you can handle going straight to 1.0mm then even better.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a needle after different amounts of uses and why it's important to change them as often as possible. This is the reason I suggest changing needles after every use.

It's also the reason why I prefer to recommend using a DermaPen type Microneedling device over a Dermaroller because you can switch cartridges easily with a DermaPen.

I've also attached a picture of the different types of Microneedling devices, the reason why certain needle depths are necessary and the benefits after certain periods of time post Microneedling.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919_154906_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919_154906_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20211011_153527_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011_153527_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20210919_154411_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919_154411_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20210919_154730_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919_154730_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 81

James333

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, the good thing is you only need to microneedle once every 2 weeks. Some Microneedle once a month.

Use Minoxidil every day twice a day, except you should skip Minoxidil on the day of Microneedling, because you don't want too much systemic absorbtion.

Ideally you should use 1.0mm or 1.5mm for safety. You might need to start off on 0.5mm before getting to 1.0mm depending on your pain threshold.

If you can handle going straight to 1.0mm then even better.
This is a needle after different amounts of uses and why it's important to change them as often as possible. This is the reason I suggest changing needles after every use.

It's also the reason why I prefer to recommend using a DermaPen type Microneedling device over a Dermaroller because you can switch cartridges easily with a DermaPen.

I've also attached a picture of the different types of Microneedling devices, the reason why certain needle depths are necessary and the benefits after certain periods of time post Microneedling.
Once again thank you, you are helping me a lot.
I will start with Dermaroller and change it every month.
I was just curios can only Minoxidil help me keep my hair ? I am not really bothered about hair falling off from temples its not even visible unless i pull my hair back, my priority is too keep whatever i have, can dermaroller help with this or is it mostly for thinned/bald areas ?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once again thank you, you are helping me a lot.
I will start with Dermaroller and change it every month.
I was just curios can only Minoxidil help me keep my hair ? I am not really bothered about hair falling off from temples its not even visible unless i pull my hair back, my priority is too keep whatever i have, can dermaroller help with this or is it mostly for thinned/bald areas ?

You're welcome. Sounds like a good start.

Minoxidil + Microneedling could possibly.

That combination can potentially work on the entire scalp.

Thread 'Microneedling Photo Results Summary' https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-photo-results-summary.121072/

Remember, you don't need to have massive regrowth or hold save your hair on this solely till the rest of your life.
Help is on the way. You just need to wait until Pyrilutamide comes to market around 2023, that coupled, I'd say that coupled with Minoxidil will really be good.
Because Pyrilutamide will potentially work to the anti-androgen aspect in a safe way, Minoxidil will boost your hair growth.

That should buy you a few years more atleast until even better and more treatments will be out as per the pipeline in the Ultimate Guide to Hair Regeneration 2021 listed on Follicle Thought website.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could this be what is called maturing hairline ? or am i balding. Baldness runs through my mother's side her father and brothers started losing their hair when they were around 25 years olds. My father started losing hair lately 50yrs+. From what i know baldness comes through our maternal side.

I was thinking about getting on finasteride but long term side effects(gyno, prostate cancer) scared me.

At the age of 20 is not it little bit early? body is not fully developed and i am afraid hormone blockers might ruin everything .And what about the sides how common are they : Gyno, Breast/prostate cancer and is it possible to control them before they go too far ? like what can be the signs that i am developing gyno

Would you recommend starting finasteride ? if yes, is it okay if i take Proscar instead ? wherever i am currently its kinda hard getting Propecia.

And do i have to take finasteride my whole life ?or i can stop it at some point from what i know doctors usually prescribe it after hair transplant but i have not heard anyone taking medication their whole life to keep their hair.

Sorry for the bad picture quality. Also please note that pictures on my crown area are taken with flashlight and it makes it look worse than its actually is.

Any advice is appreciated.
start finasteride ASAP, you will not get sides.
Trust me, it's the best decision I made for myself when I was 19

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thread 'Microneedling Photo Results Summary' https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-photo-results-summary.121072/

Remember, you don't need to have massive regrowth or hold save your hair on this solely till the rest of your life.
Help is on the way. You just need to wait until Pyrilutamide comes to market around 2023, that coupled, I'd say that coupled with Minoxidil will really be good.
Because Pyrilutamide will potentially work to the anti-androgen aspect in a safe way, Minoxidil will boost your hair growth.

That should buy you a few years more atleast until even better and more treatments will be out as per the pipeline in the Ultimate Guide to Hair Regeneration 2021 listed on Follicle Thought website.
Don't let him have high hopes for something that might not even reach the market. He should start current proven treatments NOW

James333

My Regimen
Reaction score

Won't microneedling the area where hair is present damage/weaken the hair follicles?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Won't microneedling the area where hair is present damage/weaken the hair follicles?

That's literally the place you're meant to be Microneedling. Yes you may have a shed at first as your body adjusts to this new pain via shock loss, and some shedding will be due to your body getting used to Minoxidil, these are pretty standard with almost any treatment. The shedding shouldn't last too long and then your body will get used to the new protocol and you won't shed anymore but would ideally just see gains.

James333

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's literally the place you're meant to be Microneedling. Yes you may have a shed at first as your body adjusts to this new pain via shock loss, and some shedding will be due to your body getting used to Minoxidil, these are pretty standard with almost any treatment. The shedding shouldn't last too long and then your body will get used to the new protocol and you won't shed anymore but would ideally just see gains.
Thank you, i ordered minoxidil + microneedler i will be starting treatment very soon. I have one last question i read you have to put Minoxidil from 4 to 8 hours on your scalp twice a day. Thats very time consuming and basically fucks up entire day plans can i instead put it for 8 hours once a day or leave at while i am asleep ? also i wanna know do i use shampoo after every Minoxidil usage? or do i just let it dry out on its own.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, i ordered minoxidil + microneedler i will be starting treatment very soon. I have one last question i read you have to put Minoxidil from 4 to 8 hours on your scalp twice a day. Thats very time consuming and basically fucks up entire day plans can i instead put it for 8 hours once a day or leave at while i am asleep ? also i wanna know do i use shampoo after every Minoxidil usage? or do i just let it dry out on its own.
Aren't there fast drying minoxidil solutions on minoxidilmax

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can use Minoxidil Foam since it dries faster and doesn't leave your scalp as oily as Minoxidil would.

However, I would say the Liquid form absorbs much better when Microneedling.

And Minoxidil is basically a waste of time unless you're Microneedling.

I know Topical Liquid Minoxidil sucks because it makes your hair oily and look far worse, but you might want to try using a loose fitting cap on after about 30 minutes atleast to hide the oily look if you're really self conscious.

You don't want to put something onto your scalp like a cap on too soon.

Also, Minoxidil should always be used twice a day because of its short half-life.

If you only use it once it's going to almost be a waste of your time and money.

I know it sucks due to being time consuming and requiring effort, but it's the lowest price you can pay in exchange for possibly keeping and improving your hair.

For example, if I leave home at 6:30am for work, I would wake up an hour or two earlier just to apply Minoxidil, so I'll do the things I'd typically do late at night during that time, for example, I'll make my lunch for work after applying Minoxidil in the early morning instead of the night before , catching up on work, extra learning/studying, replying to messages, etc all after I use Minoxidil in the morning instead of at night.
So I'd basically adjust my sleeping times such that I'm not going to work with freshly oily looking hair (I give it time to dry somewhat).

And then I simply sleep and hour or two earlier at night than I would normally.

So for example, I'd apply Minoxidil at 4am for the first application , then again around 6pm after I get home from work and I have a shower so I have a clean scalp before my 2nd application.

Last edited:

James333

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can use Minoxidil Foam since it dries faster and doesn't leave your scalp as oily as Minoxidil would.

However, I would say the Liquid form absorbs much better when Microneedling.

And Minoxidil is basically a waste of time unless you're Microneedling.

I know Topical Liquid Minoxidil sucks because it makes your hair oily and look far worse, but you might want to try using a loose fitting cap on after about 30 minutes atleast to hide the oily look if you're really self conscious.

You don't want to put something onto your scalp like a cap on too soon.

Also, Minoxidil should always be used twice a day because of its short half-life.

If you only use it once it's going to almost be a waste of your time and money.

I know it sucks due to being time consuming and requiring effort, but it's the lowest price you can pay in exchange for possibly keeping and improving your hair.

For example, if I leave home at 6:30am for work, I would wake up an hour or two earlier just to apply Minoxidil, so I'll do the things I'd typically do late at night during that time, for example, I'll make my lunch for work after applying Minoxidil in the early morning instead of the night before , catching up on work, extra learning/studying, replying to messages, etc.
So I'd basically adjust my sleeping times such that I'm not going to hair with freshly oily looking hair (I give it time to dry somewhat).

And then I simply sleep and hour or two earlier at night than I would normally.

So for example, I'd apply Minoxidil at 4am for the first application , then around 6pm after I get home from work and I have a shower.
Once again thanks for great answers.

Since i have already ordered topical Minoxidil i will start with it, if it turns out to make my time schedule impossible i will change on Minoxidil foam.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once again thanks for great answers.

Since i have already ordered topical Minoxidil i will start with it, if it turns out to make my time schedule impossible i will change on Minoxidil foam.

You're welcome. Keep us updated about how Minoxidil + Microneedling works for you.

Remember it will take atleast between 3 to 6 months before you notice any hair growth. So don't be turned off by not seeing results in a month.

Also, remember to sterilize your Microneedling equipment and follow good hygiene when using it.

You can find a lot of information about that on the internet, YouTube and this forum.

Because you're using needles, you need to think of it like how a doctor would consider hygiene and safety measures before injecting a patient with a needle.