An apple a day keeps the Dermatologist away

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
The procyanidins..topically...were tested on humans..not just mice :p

I used the Medicated Mohkatsurin PB product for over 3 years..and my current morning topical contains apple peel extract as well as gse(contains the pro's). Equisomin..which I use in the eves..also contains the pro's.

How are they working for u

Jacob

Reaction score
They've worked fine for me..obviously other things in the products I use though.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
They've worked fine for me..obviously other things in the products I use though.
You use equiclear w/sod? Where do you get it and is it actual SOD or is it just an SOD "mimic"? :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Have to request it via email from Elsom Research. It's actually SOD :shock:

A warning though..because of the high Glut content...it has a VERY STRONG SULFER SMELL to it. You could also request it when making something via the Formulator. I'll most likely be doing that with my next batch of "minoxidil alternative".

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Have to request it via email from Elsom Research. It's actually SOD :shock:

A warning though..because of the high Glut content...it has a VERY STRONG SULFER SMELL to it. You could also request it when making something via the Formulator. I'll most likely be doing that with my next batch of "minoxidil alternative".
I went to their website and can't find the equiclear with sod. Or like you said................do I have to request it by email?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ya see Jacob, I am looking for a topical SOD to apply to my scalp. I know that stuff like Folligen, Tricomin, and the American Crew copper peptides are supposed to act as SOD mimics.........I am looking for actual SOD topical. Alot of people like the copper peptide products, including me.................just makes ya wonder how much more effective the real sod topicals would be. I think that they would do a better job. I did order GliSODin and I will receive it in a few days. It is the first orally effective SOD made so far. Protandim also elevates SOD and a few other antioxidants in the body, but is not SOD, but it will increase it though. I'll let ya know how the GliSODin works for me. :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Yep..you'd have to email them. Lipoxidil is supposed to come out with another lipo SOD type product as well.

I've always thought "SOD" would be better too...and have tried to keep it in my regimen.

GliSODin..I was just talking to someone about that..the fact that liposomal SOD protects against UV- that's applied topically...and GliSODin also protects against UV- taken internally. If GliSODin can do the same for your skin as topically applied lipo SOD...then it's possible it'll do the same for your hair.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Yep..you'd have to email them. Lipoxidil is supposed to come out with another lipo SOD type product as well.

I've always thought "SOD" would be better too...and have tried to keep it in my regimen.

GliSODin..I was just talking to someone about that..the fact that liposomal SOD protects against UV- that's applied topically...and GliSODin also protects against UV- taken internally. If GliSODin can do the same for your skin as topically applied lipo SOD...then it's possible it'll do the same for your hair.
Exactly!! I know that the GliSODin should work for hair as well, but if coupled with a topical SOD...........your getting it at both angles. Like I said, I'll let ya know how the GliSODin does me. Thanks. :)

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

Do you know when the SOD topical will be out on www lipoxidil.com ? Its like been on their website forever claiming that it will be coming up but I never see anything like it there. Also, if I want to order an SOD topical from Elsom, does it have to be in the equiclear solution or was that just your own personal mixture? :)

Jacob

Reaction score
I have no idea when lipoxidil will have it available..and I've asked numerous times :?

Elsom should let you add SOD via their Formulator. You'd have to e-mail them or maybe ask on their forum. The SOD/glut combo EquiClear is available to anyone...but again you have to email them. The stuff has such a strong smell they didn't want to "advertise" it as one of their regular products.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I just picked 5 buckets of apples from the garden today. I'm in apple heaven!! Sorry guys, off topic but, my God do these tree ripened apples taste good.

Btw Jacob, Spin Trap C SODases are mimetics I haven't tried yet. Have you had bad luck with them?

pilogenic101

Reaction score
I am presently trying the ApplePoly procyanidin 500 mg booster capsules. These are now improved to 18x the strength of vitamin C in anti-oxidant power, it is claimed, and contain procyanidin B3 and C1, as well as procyanidin B2. It is too early to say if they will significantly help my hair (there seems to be less fallout), but they are probably doing wonders for my arteries! :) That is a good enough reason for taking them.

Jacob

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
I just picked 5 buckets of apples from the garden today. I'm in apple heaven!! Sorry guys, off topic but, my God do these tree ripened apples taste good.

Btw Jacob, Spin Trap C SODases are mimetics I haven't tried yet. Have you had bad luck with them?

I've never tried them. There is at least one other Spin Trap containing product out there btw. And for the do-it-yourself-r's..you can get PBN and this other one, NtBHA, I was just reading about: http://www.geronova.com/tbha.htm Wish their Rejuv creme contained them.

I just prefer to spend my $ on liposomal sod if it's available. A combo of sod and spin traps etc would be ok with me too though :D

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
pilogenic101 said:
I am presently trying the ApplePoly procyanidin 500 mg booster capsules. These are now improved to 18x the strength of vitamin C in anti-oxidant power, it is claimed, and contain procyanidin B3 and C1, as well as procyanidin B2. It is too early to say if they will significantly help my hair (there seems to be less fallout), but they are probably doing wonders for my arteries! :) That is a good enough reason for taking them.

pilogenic101, Please keep updating us, I'm thinking of trying it also.
Thanks in advance.
SAM

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Does this work

Guys I know this is an old thread, but I am new to this forum.

I just found a website http://www.applepoly.com/procyanidin-b-2/ and I discovered that it had been referred to here. Does anyone know if Procyanidin B-2 works? Is it worth adding to your regime?