Any chance this isn't a receeding hairline?

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all. My other temple is currently a NW1, basically no maturing what so ever. It's just this left side of my hairline has this weird dip bit.. If I comb all the hairs over to one side as you'll see in the first pic it looks pretty bad. But if I comb the hairs to line up with the dip, it's more straight. Could this be a maturing hairline? Should I be worrying bad or just keep watch for now? Thanks all. Currently have a severe vit d deficiency so working on that, probably has nothing to do with temple receeding though.

Hair is pushed all the way to over on the last pic, showing the dip making it look receeded. But it looks tad better when not all combed over. Idk.
Snapchat-1052491514.jpg

Snapchat-1278835868.jpg

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if your hair looks different to before , by that there is less of it, it’s hairloss
I'm not sure bro. My hairline has definitely changed a bit, but my question is could it be a maturing hairline instead of receeding?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure bro. My hairline has definitely changed a bit, but my question is could it be a maturing hairline instead of receeding?

there is no such thing as a mature hairline

I remember when my hairline started receding people were telling me it was a mature hairline in the early days (@DoctorHouse) but it turned it to be hairloss

I would suggest you get your hair checked out by a derm

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no such thing as a mature hairline

I remember when my hairline started receding people were telling me it was a mature hairline in the early days (@DoctorHouse) but it turned it to be hairloss

I would suggest you get your hair checked out by a derm
Actually people sometimes stop at NW2 though. That's considered mature. But I will.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mature hairline is absolutely real. Not very many men keep there juvenile hairline. A mature hairline is when you lose your temples and is completely normal between ages of 16-28. People lose different amount of hairs on their temples when ‘maturing’ due to their genetic makeups. A mature hairline can appear to look like anything from a nw1 to nw3. Only worry if you begin to notice thinning deep in your forelock. Look at my profile, I lost all my temple hair in a matter of months and it hasn’t moved since. Hope this helps

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually people sometimes stop at NW2 though. That's considered mature. But I will.

as I said keep a close eye on it

I wouldn’t bet on it though, i used to think the same as you - it will likely progress without any treatments

first there will be recession, v shape hairline, then thinning

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
as I said keep a close eye on it

I wouldn’t bet on it though, i used to think the same as you - it will likely progress without any treatments

first there will be recession, v shape hairline, then thinning
Thinning dosent always follow after a v shape recession. In fact in 95% of case the thinning dosent kick in for a while after I.e. a mature hairline. Just because you experienced this does not mean others will

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need more and better pics
You told me those notches could be normal, that happens if I harshly pull it to the side. But here bro.

Can a dermatologist determine if its male pattern baldness from a eye inspection? I can only afford a consultation because they force you to have one before anything else. So basically the best I can do is a dermatologist will look with their hands smh. No dermascope
Snapchat-1069058639.jpg
Snapchat-1797909686.jpg

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why I'm confused. My hairline here looks pretty receeded when I comb over ALL the hair to the side. The hair inside the circle, causes it to look like this if I comb it up:
Snapchat-1350554941.jpg
Snapchat-898280002.jpg

But when I comb the hair to match the "dip" and don't comb the hairs over inside that white circle. It's like this? Basically straight.
Snapchat-1599721643.jpg
Snapchat-959238601.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1302421465.jpg
    Snapchat-1302421465.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 51

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mature hairline is absolutely real. Not very many men keep there juvenile hairline. A mature hairline is when you lose your temples and is completely normal between ages of 16-28. People lose different amount of hairs on their temples when ‘maturing’ due to their genetic makeups. A mature hairline can appear to look like anything from a nw1 to nw3. Only worry if you begin to notice thinning deep in your forelock. Look at my profile, I lost all my temple hair in a matter of months and it hasn’t moved since. Hope this helps
Here is some pics. Why does my hairline look receeded at the temples when I push all the hairs to one side? I'll attach multiple photos. See inside the white circle, if I comb that up, it looks receeded with a dip behind it. But then if I make a straight line from that dip it looks fine. Maybe just keep watch?

If I comb that hair inside that circle up, it looks receeded.
Snapchat-1350554941.jpg

Hair pulled up with the hairs inside the white circle making it look receeding bad:
Snapchat-1182924422.jpg

Snapchat-1278835868.jpg

But then if I straighten it up, it looks better. So confused bro.

Snapchat-1599721643.jpg

Snapchat-1702447132.jpg

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, so would every other male’s hairline if they combed that area of hair up. Get off this forum before these melons start convincing you to start treatment

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, if you compare it to you 10 years old kid hairline. Are you a child or a teen ? how old are you ?
Plus, put better photos for the FRONT line, not the "side " line , if you really need help you need to help us with that.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand your concerns. But your density is great. I would just say try to relax and stay off the forums for at least 6 months before you even really examine your hair again.

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @Jacoby77 hope you’re ok mate. Hair still looking good on those pics, excellent density. The shape of your hairline is very similar to mine (from the angles shown). My hairline has been like that since I lost my juvenile hairline in my 20s. Now 42 and still the same. Still not convinced at all you are experiencing male pattern baldness and at your young age, if you were, its normally more aggressive and your hair looks the same as always, so if you were losing hair, it seems mild.

When I thought I was losing hair, I got to a point where I thought f##k it, I can’t go on thinking about this, I’ll just make sure I focus on the positive things in my life and if I bald, I’ll crack on like 50% of my friends, colleagues, and the millions of balding and bald men in the world generally. Then months went by (I checked my hair say once a week) the years went by (checked my hair a few times a year at this point) and guess what, no change. Had my hair of deteriorated, I would have tried topical fina or duta with the last resort a transplant, even if it was just enough to frame my face. The plan stopped me obsessing. Hopefully you can do the same.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, if you compare it to you 10 years old kid hairline. Are you a child or a teen ? how old are you ?
Plus, put better photos for the FRONT line, not the "side " line , if you really need help you need to help us with that.
I'm 20, and my hair is thinning I think like the trichologist said but early stages so seeing a dermatologist soon. But I found out I was badly lacking vitamin D so maybe that is causing the thinning.
Snapchat-584869191.jpg

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @Jacoby77 hope you’re ok mate. Hair still looking good on those pics, excellent density. The shape of your hairline is very similar to mine (from the angles shown). My hairline has been like that since I lost my juvenile hairline in my 20s. Now 42 and still the same. Still not convinced at all you are experiencing male pattern baldness and at your young age, if you were, its normally more aggressive and your hair looks the same as always, so if you were losing hair, it seems mild.

When I thought I was losing hair, I got to a point where I thought f##k it, I can’t go on thinking about this, I’ll just make sure I focus on the positive things in my life and if I bald, I’ll crack on like 50% of my friends, colleagues, and the millions of balding and bald men in the world generally. Then months went by (I checked my hair say once a week) the years went by (checked my hair a few times a year at this point) and guess what, no change. Had my hair of deteriorated, I would have tried topical fina or duta with the last resort a transplant, even if it was just enough to frame my face. The plan stopped me obsessing. Hopefully you can do the same.
Hey bro I'm trying my best but I guess I'm a b*tch about this situation. It definitely hurts and takes up my life... I absolutely hate it. I hope my hair thinning is due to Vit D deficiency. I'm really hoping.

But I'll try relax, it's just very hard. I don't think I could handle no hair before 40 idk how people do it