any natural success

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
has anyone actually had success going the all natural route? i see lots of guys have natural products in their regimen, lists of 12 vitamins and minerals and fish oils and what not. does any of this do anything? has anyone had positive results?

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
has anyone actually had success going the all natural route? i see lots of guys have natural products in their regimen, lists of 12 vitamins and minerals and fish oils and what not. does any of this do anything? has anyone had positive results?

Truthfully, I think getting the correct balance of fat/protein/carbohydrates for your body is potentially more effective than taking pills. Indeed, Spencer David Kobren even mentions it in his book.

That said, I was iron deficient and an increase in iron with supplements helped growth.

In fact, iron deficiency can cause a mimicing of miniaturization seen in male pattern baldness.

bubka

Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
Indeed, Spencer David Kobren even mentions it in his book.
SDK NEVER said that, sure he suggests a healthy diet is its always recommended, and is likely going to help, but its not going to change your body from reacting differently to the androgens then it did previously which causes male pattern baldness

so NO, NO natural success, sorry

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
SDK NEVER said that, sure he suggests a healthy diet is its always recommended, and is likely going to help, but its not going to change your body from reacting differently to the androgens then it did previously which causes male pattern baldness

he did say that. You have a different book.

bubka

Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
bubka said:
DammitLetMeIn said:

he did say that. You have a different book.
i listen to the guy almost weekly, he NEVER suggests diet to reverse or stop male pattern baldness, he is propecia only, dutasteride second (last resort) and everything else is shits and giggles

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
i listen to the guy almost weekly, he NEVER suggests diet to reverse or stop male pattern baldness, he is propecia only, dutasteride second (last resort) and everything else is shits and giggles

I didn't say he said it would reverse male pattern baldness, and I have heard his show on the web.

Anyways, he says, in print:

'when you have the right ratio of protein to carbohydrates in your diet, you an control the eicosanoid hormones with druglike precision.'

'you are treating food as if it were a prescription drug, delivering the right balance of protein and carbohydrate at every meal'

He then goes on to explain for 2.5 pages of how diet can control hairloss.

mumuka

Established Member
Reaction score
As i expected all of the natural way and vegan diet pushers ,after reading this thread,suddenly developed a strange ailment which doesnt allow them to type a post in this thread. But they are out there for sure....

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
male pattern baldness has nothing to do with diet.....
The healthiest person on the planet could go bald

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Which book does he (SDK) say it in?

A reviewer on Amazon says this about his booked "The Bald Truth"

"I disagree with the author. First, Propecia grows hair in one area at the expense of another. Spironolactone has been proven to stop the growth of hair. DHT does not cause hair loss. Spencer does not even mention the nutrient theory of baldness and how many people have been regrowing scalp hair by removing body hair, allowing nutrients to get to the scalp. Can you tell me what it takes to grow scalp hair if not androgens? Ernie"

Ok, what? Removing bodily hair to let nutrients get to the scalp?

G

dietcola said:

There some regimen called IH Top 6 (or something like that) I discovered from a user named "someday" (I think) over at HLH that swears it is working on him. He has pics too and from what I last remember he may have had some positive results. If you search this term over there I'm sure you'll find it.

I love naturals, though after edumacating myself about these pharmaceuticals I was able to overcome my fear of them (the unknown) and want fairly aggressive results so I'm doing a little of both still. SP/BS for the androgen receptor blocking and the Essential Oils for whatever that does besides what the Swedish study said for Alopecia Areata. I'm glad I was pushed, kicked, shoved by others to get on the big boys treatments though. I wish I had the patients to try something like IH Top 6 to just see if that works.

Pondle

Reaction score
Thinneritgoes! said:
male pattern baldness has nothing to do with diet.....
The healthiest person on the planet could go bald

Exactly! I have a half-brother and a step-brother. They have the same mother, different fathers. Both lived at home until 18, eating essentially the same diet. Both were (and are) in good shape and into various sports. However, by age 18, my step-brother was losing his hair, my half-brother wasn't. Case closed for the role of genetic predisposition.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Time and time again people harp on about diet having little to do with hair loss, but you could not be more wrong.

The complexities of the matter would take time to explain far greater than I am willing to expel now (though I've detailed such information before), however it is important to note that those individuals who are genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness can have their hair loss further exacerbated by dietary choices.

To say it has no role, no weight and or prominence is plain ignorance.

Strange Days

Reaction score
So said:
Which book does he (SDK) say it in?

A reviewer on Amazon says this about his booked "The Bald Truth"

"I disagree with the author. First, Propecia grows hair in one area at the expense of another. Spironolactone has been proven to stop the growth of hair. DHT does not cause hair loss. Spencer does not even mention the nutrient theory of baldness and how many people have been regrowing scalp hair by removing body hair, allowing nutrients to get to the scalp. Can you tell me what it takes to grow scalp hair if not androgens? Ernie"

Ok, what? Removing bodily hair to let nutrients get to the scalp?

You've never heard of Ernie Primeau? The short story is that he thinks 5ar is a "nutrient" and that balding scalps have less androgen activity than non-balding scalps. And that body hair is stealing this "nutrient" and thus depriving the scalp.

G

FairTaxNow said:
dietcola said:

There some regimen called IH Top 6 (or something like that) I discovered from a user named "someday" (I think) over at HLH that swears it is working on him. He has pics too and from what I last remember he may have had some positive results. If you search this term over there I'm sure you'll find it.

I love naturals, though after edumacating myself about these pharmaceuticals I was able to overcome my fear of them (the unknown) and want fairly aggressive results so I'm doing a little of both still. SP/BS for the androgen receptor blocking and the Essential Oils for whatever that does besides what the Swedish study said for Alopecia Areata. I'm glad I was pushed, kicked, shoved by others to get on the big boys treatments though. I wish I had the patients to try something like IH Top 6 to just see if that works.

yeah, I remember this guy "Someday" his hair looked better indeed, but most other people I remember don´t see a lot of success. But maybe the expectations of people are simply too high. the Top6 might serve as a support for Finasteride and not as a replacement. Plus they are also said to be good for general health. I would try them if I could get my hands on the ingredients.

Pondle

Reaction score
So said:
Time and time again people harp on about diet having little to do with hair loss, but you could not be more wrong.

The complexities of the matter would take time to explain far greater than I am willing to expel now (though I've detailed such information before), however it is important to note that those individuals who are genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness can have their hair loss further exacerbated by dietary choices.

To say it has no role, no weight and or prominence is plain ignorance.

I'd just like to see some clinical evidence of how much variation in male pattern baldness loss is attributable to diet.

I think the onus is on those who make the case to disprove the null hypothesis.

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
been on a steady nat system for over 7 months iv just noticed less hairs falling out (i count them extreamly acuretly from washing hair in my sink not shower) and i think the topicals are helping to stabilize, il give it more time before i know for sure.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The natural route is a waste of time.I have never seen before and after pictures or any study that showed that diet alone can reverse or stop hairloss. I have yet to see it, but you know I have seen studies and living proof that the drugs do indeed do what they say.