Any treatments for thinning sides of head?

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My sides are thinning pretty badly now to the point where there is visible bald spots. I first noticed them thinning at around 18 and they have slowly gotten worse over the past 6 years. Seems like finasteride did nothing to stop the loss there compared to how well it helped slow the thinning on top. I think it is possibly retrograde alopecia, but finasteride is supposed to help this kind of hair loss because it is caused by DHT. I highly doubt that it is caused by deficiencies because surely I would have other symptoms and the hair loss wouldn't persist for over 6 years, right?

scottishwilleys

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinning sides of the head can be caused by various factors, including genetics or hormonal changes. Treatments vary, but it's important to consult with a dermatologist to determine the underlying cause and get personalized advice for the best treatment options.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
My sides are thinning pretty badly now to the point where there is visible bald spots. I first noticed them thinning at around 18 and they have slowly gotten worse over the past 6 years. Seems like finasteride did nothing to stop the loss there compared to how well it helped slow the thinning on top. I think it is possibly retrograde alopecia, but finasteride is supposed to help this kind of hair loss because it is caused by DHT. I highly doubt that it is caused by deficiencies because surely I would have other symptoms and the hair loss wouldn't persist for over 6 years, right?
I got the same issue pretty much. My sides even grow much shorter than the rest.