anybody know any back acne cures?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I finally decided to do something about the few but constant pimples on my back, which I think is caused by my daily dosage of finasteride.

I've heard about benzoyl peroxide solution and also Natures Cure (salicilic acid). Which works best?

I appreciate any success stories on the matter.

Good luck!

G

My girlfriend used to get pimples on her back and a few boils, she tried pretty much everything including anti-biotics but the thing that did it for her was

Oilatum Plus antiseptic bath emoillient for the topical treatment of eczmenas

within a few days her back was clean as a....er...ladies back.

you pour the stuff into the bath and just kind of soak in it while you are getting your bath, it's made by STIEFEL

good luck my bald spotty friend

Ty

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
10% benzoyl peroxide works well on individual spots. Also try rubbing Witch Hazel on your back. But I'm afraid there is technically no "cure".

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
G

Temples said:
10% benzoyl peroxide works well on individual spots. Also try rubbing Witch Hazel on your back. But I'm afraid there is technically no "cure".

Witch Hazel is an 'astringent' this is the magic bit in itch hazel that drys up the spot/pimple, so to save yourself the bother of going down your local drug dealer or even spending any money toothpaste (I sh*t you not) is an equally good astringent.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TynanW, how often did your gf have to bathe in that Oilatim Plus stuff?

Thanks guys.

G

That fact that she has a spotty back could mean she is not bathing enough. I would force her to bath at least twice a week. Break her in gently until she is up to once a day.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that not bathing part. I personally have what may be the worst case of back acne in human history. Seriously, I don't know how it could be worse. And I soap it up every day.

The finasteride did not cause this, because I was like that before, and have been for years. My facial acne is not profuse, just persistent. It's average. But my poor, mutilated back....it's probably scarred forever, even if the acne miraculously stopped tommorrow.

viperfish

Reaction score
Milk of magnesia works great on individual spots. However, applying this to your back would be a problem.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You also might want to get a back scrubber and give your back a good exfoiliating scrub daily.

I used to get back acne but I havent had any in years. Occasionally I get one on the shoulder but thats pretty rare.

G

elguapo said:
TynanW, how often did your gf have to bathe in that Oilatim Plus stuff?

Thanks guys.

once a day

10-15 minutes soak.

Her back went from :freaked: to :) in around a couple of months

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have used Differin Gel which you get through your doctor..its supposed to be the best acne medication out there

Axon

Reaction score
Accutane. Killed even my bacne, which my dermatologist described as "unkillable, like goddamn roaches...."

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What the f***!? People come on this site for support because we are losing our hair, but when I ask for advice to help clear a few zits on my back, you guys start giving me sh*t?

Thanks and no thanks.

G

sh*t elguapo! what's the problem? you asked a question, and from what I can see you got a lot of good advice, take it or leave it, nobody here works for you.

calm down, take the good advice, ignore people having fun, hairloss is pretty shitty, it helps to have a little fun, things could be worse!

G

elguapo said:
What the f***!? People come on this site for support because we are losing our hair, but when I ask for advice to help clear a few zits on my back, you guys start giving me sh*t?

Thanks and no thanks.

This is what really get's my goat with people like you. This is a hairloss forum. Not a Dr Surgery. If your girl suffers from spots on her back and you and her are that worried about, go and see an effin Dr for christ sakes. Don't come onto a forum expecting normal people to give you advice about something they no nack all about.

But I can say a Sauna will work a treat!

misterium

Reaction score
Accutane will clear that sh*t right up..

Took me 4 months of Accutane, religiously and by doctor's orders for diet too... and my long time facial and back/chest/shoulder acne, has long since diminished.. that was around high school years up to age 20.. I'm 27 now.

Haven't had a problem since ;)

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Accutane cause some people to lose hair?