Anyone here regret their hair transplant?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here regret their hair transplant for any reason?

I can't stand the constant comments from people.
"Hey are you growing your hair out?" "What did you do to your hair?" "Looks like someone needs a haircut" (Yeah dick I know that but I have to cover the transplanted area with existing hair b/c it's too sparse to stand on its own.) I've become a hater of windy days now because it just blows the hair up exposing the thin areas. The alternative is hairspray which makes it look like a matted down rat's nest of sh*t. (Which I also get negative comments for).

Before my hair transplant I was receding. But at least it was normal looking. I mean really, people have receding hairlines. I rarely got comments when I kept it short and clean. Now it's just long and looks ratty all the time and I hate it everyday I walk out of the house. And forget about cutting it too short, otherwise the strip scar stands out like a "kick me" sign on the back of my stupid f*****g head.

And for the record I'm not going to be posting pics as they don't do the damned thing justice. If you can't take my word for it that's fine then I'm just some disgruntled disillusioned idiot trying to discredit hair transplant's for no reason. I don't care either way, this was more of a rant than anything else b/c it's tough to find people in the real world who understand this whole ordeal.

JJ09

Reaction score
I too regret my hair transplant, I never leave my home without a cap...hoping to have it repaired however. :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
"Hey are you growing your hair out?" "What did you do to your hair?" "Looks like someone needs a haircut".

Sounds better than "Hey you're really going bald"

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
PersonGuy said:
"Hey are you growing your hair out?" "What did you do to your hair?" "Looks like someone needs a haircut".

Sounds better than "Hey you're really going bald"

Yea, but the point he is making is people weren't saying anything before, but since he had the h/t people are making the comments.

When you spend x amount on a h/t you expect to feel better not worse.

Will you consider having another H/T to thicken up the front?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah but what they're saying does'nt sound too bad it could almost be complimentary. If you were obese and lost weight people would tell you that you look like you've lost weight, would that be so terrible? :dunno:

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Personguy, who did your work?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
For the record it's not so much the questions themselves. If asked in the proper tone those questions wouldn't be so bad. The problem is they're asked in this way, "What did you do to your hair?!?!" (almost like an "oh no poor guy what happened") or "Are you growing your hair out?" (said always with a grin as if they know something is up and are about to start laughing) or "Looks like someone needs a haircut" (always said very tauntingly). That's the trouble with the internet, there's a lack of tonality to questions and speech in general.

optimus prime said:
Yea, but the point he is making is people weren't saying anything before, but since he had the h/t people are making the comments.
EXACTLY

optimus prime said:
When you spend x amount on a h/t you expect to feel better not worse.

Will you consider having another H/T to thicken up the front?

The problem with having another hair transplant to thicken up the front is the time it takes out of your life to cover up the hair transplant and make excuses to people as to why your head looks so strange for the immediate post hair transplant period. Although if I knew it was going to be the solution once and for all I'd do it while at the same time placing grafts into my strip scar so I can cut the back and sides of my head to a non Bozo the Clown length.

We'll see. Thanks for the ability to vent though it's been really messing with me lately and no one else gets it.

chargedup

Reaction score
Man, sorry to read about this. I just had one done and I hope this is not my reaction/thoughts in the future.

CCS

Reaction score
I regret having overpaid for my first hair transplant and them getting the hair direction wrong. I regret having the second one also go the wrong direction. And I regret the third one not growing out. At time, I regretting hair transplant all together because shaving the grafts makes it so hard to wear a piece. But looking back, my confidence has been a bit higher since getting hair transplant. And I think BHT can thicken it more. I now just regret lasering my calves. They still got hair, just not as super thick as before.

What is done is done. I could try the piece route now. But right now my goal is just to rescue myself financially, and maybe later do the BHT if I can afford it and the Doctor says it will be thick enough. Or I might go HP until HM. One thing I do like about my hair transplant is I can sit in a room with 20 year olds and not look super old next to them. I do look older, but not a lot older, like I would have at NW4a.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont regret my hair transplant's just the poor choices I had in going to crap UK clinics, I just wish I'd researched more and gone to a decent surgeon first time around.
I used to feel like a freak being bald at such a young age, my hair now may not be great but nobody sees me as a bald guy anymore and I feel and look much better.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I dont regret my hair transplant's just the poor choices I had in going to crap UK clinics, I just wish I'd researched more and gone to a decent surgeon first time around.
I used to feel like a freak being bald at such a young age, my hair now may not be great but nobody sees me as a bald guy anymore and I feel and look much better.
I agree, but fact is doctors get better every year. I bet if you wait another 5 years FUE will have a 100% survival rate.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What I wouldn't give to look and feel better.

CCS

Reaction score
UC, if you were NW3, do you think it would make that much of a difference? I'm looking at the length and thinness of the hair on my calves and thinking I can't get near full density with it. At best I can make my temples look good short, fill in my scar, and maybe increase density a little if I go that route.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
I do. I need to do a second procedure to add density to the front and crown, because with my hair grown out to cover the donor scar, it looks like crap. Then, eventually I plan to do FUE into the strip scar.

The really crappy part is my finances aren't nearly as good now as they were a little over a year ago when I did my first procedure, thanks to the crappy stock market and economy - which will make it more difficult to do this time. YAY!

I actually wore a hat a lot less and felt more comfortable just going out ina public with close-trim job on the old noggin. Oh well.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
Does anyone here regret their hair transplant for any reason?

"Hey are you growing your hair out?" "What did you do to your hair?" "Looks like someone needs a haircut" (Yeah dick I know that but I have to cover the transplanted area with existing hair b/c it's too sparse to stand on its own.) I've become a hater of windy days now because it just blows the hair up exposing the thin areas.
I know what yuou are talking. Its tough

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about though. It seems that a fair amount of people have some reason to regret having the hair transplant. When I was first researching my hair transplant it seemed like it was the end all cure and things would be fine from there on out. (And trust me, even with research I found very little negative press about them.) Holy sh*t was I wrong. If I had just 25% more density in the transplanted areas I think I would have considered it a success.

The problem is now if I want another one I have to shave the area once again and people are going to wonder why I took another month off work and came back with fucked hair again.

dd11856 said:
because with my hair grown out to cover the donor scar, it looks like crap. Then, eventually I plan to do FUE into the strip scar.

Yeah the biggest slap in the face is that we cut the back and sides as short as possible to disguise the balding process on the top, and then when we have a hair transplant we have to grow them out to cover the strip scar and pray no one notices too much while the top grows out below expectations. All the while we look like Bozo the Clown.

s.a.f

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
Yeah the biggest slap in the face is that we cut the back and sides as short as possible to disguise the balding process on the top, and then when we have a hair transplant we have to grow them out to cover the strip scar and pray no one notices too much while the top grows out below expectations. All the while we look like Bozo the Clown.

That is just one of the (many) sacrifices you have to make, the thing is you soon get used to the new hair and when you see the difference at 7/8 months you think thats it. I been through it myself but trust me you've still got more improvement to come.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
I do need to say that I planned on two hair transplants even before the first, and most people should.

The thing is, you'll need more density SOMEWHERE after one and most folks will need at least one, if not two more hair transplants. Then, like me, many will want to do something about the strip scar.

I just get really frustrated because I wanted to already have my second hair transplant done and be waiting for more growth. But, I had to spend some cash on other things and while I could pay in cash, I'd prefer not to right now. I need to pay off my two credit cards and then get a loan for the hair transplant.

I will say this, anyone should go to one of the surgeons that is highest rated. I went to someone that I would say is decent, with somewhat disappointing results. I plan to go to one of the best this next time.