Anyone here regret their hair transplant?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
s.a.f said:
I dont regret my hair transplant's just the poor choices I had
I agree, but fact is doctors get better every year. I bet if you wait another 5 years FUE will have a 100% survival rate.

I'll take that action !! Strip isn't even 100% so no way can you get better going in blind like you do with FUE.

The more likely scenario is people will realize ( as they are now) FUE is for small sessions only and you should rarely go over 1500 grafts per session with the majority being around 1k per session

s.a.f

Reaction score
I would say the outcome of my hair transplant's is about 60% positive Vs 40% negative.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Good to see you back Ht55, your no bs posts are funny as f.

To early for me to regret my h/t yet being only 6 weeks out, but as long as I have more hair than before and look better, then i'll count it as a success.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To be fair for those considering hair transplant's if you regret you HTyou should post photos and the Dr who did your surgery.

Some people will never be pleased with a hair transplant as it will never make your hair look like you are 18 again and that is why photos need to be posted.

There are maybe 10 DR's int he world doing quality work on a consistent basis so the Dr you chose could also be the problem.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Good to see you back Ht55, your no bs posts are funny as f.

To early for me to regret my h/t yet being only 6 weeks out, but as long as I have more hair than before and look better, then i'll count it as a success.

I'm just popping through, haven't been here in about 3 months so i wanted to see what is up.

MY amazing results from the big 3 combined with not being on this forum has made it so I don't of hair loss anymore which is a good thing.

Petchsky

Reaction score
You know you're succeeding when it no longer consumes your thoughts, good to hear.

I read an another post about you using minoxidil in excess of the required dose. How much do you use a day?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
You know you're succeeding when it no longer consumes your thoughts, good to hear.

I read an another post about you using minoxidil in excess of the required dose. How much do you use a day?

I use 2 cans of Foam per month as well as 1.25mg/pgeneric proscar, nizoral 2% 3 times a week.

I cover my head from hairline to crown twice a day

I have significant regrowth everywhere including my hairline and I actually have to pluck out new hairs that come in about 1/4 inch in front of my hairline once every two weeks or so

I can show you picks if you haven't seen them

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've seen your pics, your hair has improved no end.

Think I may start upping my dosage of minoxidil as there seems to be a few success stories of this nature where people have been saturating their scalp with minoxidil and seen improvement.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well If you have a decent amount of hair there is no way you can cover your entire scalp with 1/2 capfull

Remember Rogaine is for the crown only but (at least in my case) it works all over so a 1/2 cap may cover the crown but will not come close to covering hairline to crown.

I'm just using enough to cover my entire head, I wouldn't call it saturating.

I also work 3-11pm which is great for using minoxidil, I put it in at 11am and wash it out at 2pm and I put it in at 11:30 pm and leave it on all night.

Try it out for a while, 2 bottles is like $26 month, I used to pay $60 in 1995 for liquid Rogaine as a prescription

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
For the record the pics don't reflect what truly is in my case. I know this because I have to live with it. I'm not going to go this route again and start a fruitless debate for nothing.

If anyone would like to see my results please PM me as I have no problem meeting people in person if they are in the NYC area. Otherwise I'm not going to misrepresent the situation with pictures.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would love to see your hair transplant in person, I can meet anyday around GCT area

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
I would love to see your hair in person, I can meet anyday around GCT area

You're going to meet a guy you met on the internet because you'd "love to see his hair in person"??
:gay: :jackit: :gay: :jackit: :gay: :jackit: :gay: :jackit: :gay: :jackit: :gay: :

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea I would love to see what it is that he thinks is so bad.

This may be a shocker to you but people meet all the time to check out hair transplant's in person, Go over to HTN or HLH

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
This may be a shocker to you but people meet all the time to check out hair transplant's in person

I agree, I have met a few guys who have had hair transplants its a good way to comfortably talk about the subject.

Meeting PG would be a good idea.

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
Yea I would love to see what it is that he thinks is so bad.

This may be a shocker to you but people meet all the time to check out hair transplant's in person, Go over to HTN or HLH

Okay, sorry, i didn't tthink of it that way. That makes sense actually.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
just to clarify by GCT you mean Grand Central?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Fantastic, I'll PM you.