Anyone try black tea + soy?

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
In light of the study that showed green tea alone raised DHT levels while black tea and soy decreased DHT levels in mice, I was wondering if anyone has tried a regimen with black tea and soy isoflavones together?

The study did say that green tea when combined with soy had a synergistic effect that would decrease DHT, but I am afraid to go down that route because the amount of soy used in the study was quite high so I'm not quite sure whether a normal regimen would work the same way. I have been trying black tea + soy isoflavones (50mg) for a few weeks now... was curious if anyone else has been and how it's worked for them?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
treadstone said:
In light of the study that showed green tea alone raised DHT levels while black tea and soy decreased DHT levels in mice, I was wondering if anyone has tried a regimen with black tea and soy isoflavones together?

The study did say that green tea when combined with soy had a synergistic effect that would decrease DHT, but I am afraid to go down that route because the amount of soy used in the study was quite high so I'm not quite sure whether a normal regimen would work the same way. I have been trying black tea + soy isoflavones (50mg) for a few weeks now... was curious if anyone else has been and how it's worked for them?

I've been takind DIM since 4 months and soy isoflavones 50mg for a month..SO far so good! But I am on a hard core regimen so really tough to say what does what! I am just trying to balance my hormones because I am pretty sure that the endocrine system is the main problem in male pattern baldness.I just don't believe in a low testosterone life! I am a man! Just balance it!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Isoflavones = good estrogen...I got no tits yet.

amsch

Reaction score
They're still estrogens though. Noticed any sides that could be due to high estrogene lvl's? Will you have some bloodwork done?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Soy isoflavones is a good antioxidant, reduce cancer risk and heart disease, lowering cholesterol, high quality protein, just to name a few.. Like everything that maybe can affect your hormones..I just don't mega dose it.,also they are saying that Soy helps boost production in the intestines of equol, a substance that binds to dihydrotestosterone..and administration of capsaicin and isoflavone promotes hair growth by increasing insulin-like growth factor-I production in mice and in humans with alopecia... :punk: that is why I take damn SOY everyday!! BTW. take it with Soynatto for better absorption.

amsch

Reaction score
Estrogenes = good for hair
Estrogenes = bad for male bodies.

Hairloss sucks.

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's too soon to say definitively at this point (also keep in mind it was done in mice). It was also discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31510 in the New Research forums.

However, I would argue in the meantime black tea would be the safer bet.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am still taking green tea.,. God guys! You guys are way overkill about DHT lol..... :dunno:

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Speaking of overkill i was checking your regimen and .. lol. im kddn .. hey every little thing count, if green tea can have a neg effect on my hair and im drinking 3-4 cups of it a day raional thinkg is that maybe i should chill on all the tea, even tough i really like it .. ill sub it with balck tea for now

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Mainly i do like, but all the psotive factors for your health that came along with it .. during that time i have suffered my worst hair loss at any time of my life .. not sure if its connected but im not gonna risk it

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm right with you on the point that every little bit helps. That's my reasoning for taking the black tea... I have no delusions that it will have major effects comparable to say Finasteride. But if it helps even a little in decreasing DHT, why not have a cup or two a day? :)