Anyone worsend after switch from Propecia to Proscar?

G

why would there be any change in response if the drug itself had not changed, just the name of the drug?

Some_Dude

Reaction score
I've been on proscar for about two months now after being on propecia for about 7 or so. I've noticed that proscar isn't quite as effective as propecia, for whatever reason.

G

Some_Dude said:
I've been on proscar for about two months now after being on propecia for about 7 or so. I've noticed that proscar isn't quite as effective as propecia, for whatever reason.

In what way isn't it quie as effective?

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
It can be ineffective when considering it from the point of view of merck maximum profit stratagies analysts.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest technically there shouldn't tynanW.. But i've seen a few posts that were very simliar to some_dude where after being on propecia for a while with success, but noticed worsening after switching to proscar.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Spidy -

Understanding how hair loss works really helps when you are trying to get answers to basic questions like these. The first thing that should pop into your mind is that he was probably going through a shed, or a cycle of dormancy. If his results stopped for longer than 6 months, then we could possibly say it has lost effectiveness.

The second thing that should have entered your mind was that taking Proscar modifies his dosage. He wouldn't be taking exactly the same amount and maybe his body was adjusting to the slightly higher or lower dosage which can very easily cause a shed. Its very important that you educate yourself on hair loss so basic questions like these and the concern or paranoia surrounding them many times, won't be an issue for you.

HairLossTalk.com

G

The release time of the drug in equal amounts (mg) but smaller/ larger pill sizes changes the way your body absorbs the medication.

A 5 mg Proscar pill cut up into 5ths is the same amount of finasteride in 1mg propecia .......BUT....... a 5th of a proscar pill is a lot smaller in size than the 1 mg propecia pill so your body dosen't absorb that 1mg from a cut up proscar as well as the 1mg of propecia. The release time of that 1mg is a lot better and more stable in the body from PROPECIA 1mg than a tiny, rotted, cut up proscar 5th that travels through your body quicker and dosen't get fully absorbed.

This is why my doctor wouldn't prescribe Proscar!!

Also, it is very difficult to store finasteride and cutting the pills up only allows for the medicine to go bad (loose it's potency).

It's all about how potent the 1mg of finasteride is!!

If you took Proscar for prostate health and propecia was 6 times cheaper than proscar, would you resot to taking 5 propecia a day?????????

I wouldn't. This goes for anything I put into my body.

Think of alchohol and how the same amount of boose at different volumes travesl through the body differently.

G

This information may be right or wrong!!!!!!

This is stated from my ONE doctor who could be wrong so I would talk to your doctor.

Unless you know someone in person, I would not take anyones advice on a disscusion forum, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!

People on here are very knowledgable and can send you in the right direction but where you choose to go with YOUR treatment should NOT be determined by anyone that you don't know.

If you think about it, this whole websight could be a scam to get everyone to buy into the big 3. Not likely, but trust know one!!!!!!!!!!

G

Bump

I want every one to see this because if this information is in fact truthful, than everyone on Proscar could be getting better results on Propecia!

*************************If you have an argument for you proscar lovers, please read what I have written VERY CAREFULLY because I am not going to reitterate anything for you stupid people....... Let the games begin!!!!!!***********************************

G

Bump

Here is an example of an argument that I don't want to here because it has already been acounted for.

......."Its the same thing just a different name."

Ans. "You could be wrong about that statement, read what I wrote in post # 13 and that will answere why you COULD be wrong,

Notice I used the word "COULD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again this isn't my information, this is what my doctor said and he could be wrong. I personally don't know myself, but I think this information can be useful for people to find out the truth from a professional and not an internet websight!!!!

G

Bald Eagle said:
The release time of the drug in equal amounts (mg) but smaller/ larger pill sizes changes the way your body absorbs the medication.

Do you have any proof, any links to information or any data backing up this statement?

Bald Eagle said:
A 5 mg Proscar pill cut up into 5ths is the same amount of finasteride in 1mg propecia .......BUT....... a 5th of a proscar pill is a lot smaller in size than the 1 mg propecia pill...

not really.

Bald Eagle said:
so your body dosen't absorb that 1mg from a cut up proscar as well as the 1mg of propecia.

Do you have any proof, any links to information or any data backing up this statement?

Bald Eagle said:
The release time of that 1mg is a lot better and more stable in the body from PROPECIA 1mg than a tiny, rotted, cut up proscar 5th that travels through your body quicker and dosen't get fully absorbed.

Where do you get this sh*t from? What exactly is it that excellerates Proscar through your body?

Bald Eagle said:
This is why my doctor wouldn't prescribe Proscar!!

Also, it is very difficult to store finasteride

WTF, how is it difficult?

Bald Eagle said:
and cutting the pills up only allows for the medicine to go bad (loose it's potency).

Again I ask you to show proof to back up these sweeping genralizations.

Bald Eagle said:
It's all about how potent the 1mg of finasteride is!!

If you took Proscar for prostate health and propecia was 6 times cheaper than proscar, would you resot to taking 5 propecia a day?????????

I wouldn't. This goes for anything I put into my body.

Think of alchohol and how the same amount of boose at different volumes travesl through the body differently.

This is prehaps one of the most ill informed posts I have ever seen here on HairLossTalk.com, Baldeagle people come to these sites to find solid, researched or anecdotal information to help them in their fight against male pattern baldness this mix of guess work and scare mongering helps nobody.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
tynanW said:
This is prehaps one of the most ill informed posts I have ever seen here on HairLossTalk.com,

I'll second that. :!:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
OCD.

Hover over his "View My Regimen" button...

HairLossTalk.com

G

Actually, i switched from propecia to proscar and my hair only got better. You damn fools, its the same thing.

But I have experienced one side-effect due to the switch.
My wallet got a little bit fatter.

G

Alright dumbass's what ever you say.

THIS IS NOT MY INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT MY ONE DOCTOR SAID (WHICH COULD BE WRONG)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I STATED VERY CLEARLY THAT YOU SHOULD FIND OUT FOR YOUR SELF!!!!!!!!

OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T READ WHAT I SAID AND THAT IS YOUR LOSS!!!!!!!!

MY REGEMINE IS A JOKE THAT WAS JUST PLAYED ON ALL YOU FOOLS!!!!!!!!
its the most outragious regemine you could obtain and you would be considered "nutty" if you followed that.

Tynan, you are the biggest dumbass of all!!!!!!!!!!!!! please read everything I have written on this topic because all of your stupid *** questions have been answered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not my comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in fact I even predicted what you all were going to say and I was right!!!!!!!!

I am not the one giving bad advice, you guys are thinking your some f*****g doctor

"just take the pill" isn't that how you put it.

Even though you can get this drug with out a Rx, it is still something I would talk to my doctor about.

Not you, and NOT ME EITHER

I will no longer respond to this topic because this is not my argument! I could care less and if everyone proves from other doctors it is ok to make the switch from Propecia. to pros. than I will be the first one to switch to save money and I give the same advice to everyone else.