applying minoxidil MUST be hassle surely

TheDoddage

Reaction score
Yeah . . .

Yeah, the benefits of having a shaved head when applying Rogaine are tremendous. I remember two years ago when I was letting my hair grow it was a b**ch to put on Rogaine. The greasiness feeling of my hair . . . ugh . . . But, it's so much better now that I shave my head. I mean, it's annoying when the stuff drips down the sides and back of my head, but it's a thousand times better than applying it on full hair, with all due respect to the people here who do grow out their hair.

- Doddage

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
what kind of quick drying minoxidil versions are there? is this only the generic stuff? and how long does it take to dry, as opposed to standard minoxidil?.

hair-again(generic minoxidil from austraila)

or i think Dr lee does one

Cassin

Reaction score
Item # 503. Dries in 15 to 30 minutes and works just as good maybe better since it has more alcohol which leads to better absorbtion. I will never touch regular store bought minoxidil again.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks. will look into dr lees 1st, am a bit weary of generic. if it end up costing too much though then maybe generic. but minoxidil is still down the line for me a bit. haircut tomorrow - wish me luck!!! ;)

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
thanks. will look into dr lees 1st, am a bit weary of generic. if it end up costing too much though then maybe generic. but minoxidil is still down the line for me a bit. haircut tomorrow - wish me luck!!! ;)

the reason i use generic minoxidil(hair-again) is my bro has great regrowth on it, its just a bonus that it drys quick
also Dr lees minoxidil is generic as are all execpt rogaine

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks, but dr lee is quite well respected for his treatments, dont you think? wouldnt you say hes the most reputable maker of generic minoxidil, and a lot of people trust his treatments?

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Lee is generic in the sense that he's not Upjohn- he didn't put minoxidil through FDA trials and be the first to market it. His sh*t is more expensive and actively marketed too, unlike any other generic product. Plus he's a doctor, not a storebrand.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee, can you hook me up with some cheap *** Rogaine?

Damn it Norwood, I'm a doctor not a storebrand!!!!

Cassin

Reaction score
Molecular Help said:
Well Lee is generic in the sense that he's not Upjohn- he didn't put minoxidil through FDA trials and be the first to market it. His sh*t is more expensive and actively marketed too, unlike any other generic product. Plus he's a doctor, not a storebrand.

Yeah your right. But at roughly $16.50 a month (for item #503) it is extremely cheap considering the benefits. It works out actually a little less than legit Rogaine. Some pharmacies will mix you up the same formula for a premium. I called one place and they wanted $45 a bottle.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah yes item 503. You are correct sir.

Just curious- do all of Lee's minoxidil products contain less ppg? That's the point of buying from him right, even if you don't want the retin-a or azelaic acid or whatever else.