Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
The Gardener said:
[quote="DammitLetMeIn":759d1]I'd rather focus on Dr.Weil
Should I post a bigger picture of his bald head?

:lol:

lolz, nah, what fats does he eat? his diet is 40% fat

plus, he is a fat dude himself, which points to high insulin
The once worlds heaviest man:
robby.jpg

Nice head of hair eh? There goes another flaw in your endless argument.

dude, you haven't grasped the fact we're focusing on genetically susceptible individuals not people who aren't androgen sensitive.
But you havent grasped the fact that according to your posts, a high fat diet takes precedence over genetic insusceptibility.[/quote:759d1]

thats not what im saying at all. what im saying is (if u'd read properly) is that cooked fats causes an increase in DHT in genetically susceptible individuals thereby triggering the baldness.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
[quote="The Gardener":ea4e2][quote="DammitLetMeIn":ea4e2]I'd rather focus on Dr.Weil

robby.jpg

dude, you haven't grasped the fact we're focusing on genetically susceptible individuals not people who aren't androgen sensitive.
But you havent grasped the fact that according to your posts, a high fat diet takes precedence over genetic insusceptibility.[/quote:ea4e2]

thats not what im saying at all. what im saying is (if u'd read properly) is that cooked fats causes an increase in DHT in genetically susceptible individuals thereby triggering the baldness.[/quote:ea4e2]
Can you explain to me why people who eat cooked fats go bald at different ages? I dont undertstand according to your theory why a person who has the same diet as someone else may go bald at 20, while the other guy goes bald at 50. Why is the trigger delayed in some by decades...thats 30 more years of eating delicious grilled chicken, not fair is you ask me.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
JayB said:
[quote="DammitLetMeIn":9b0eb][quote="The Gardener":9b0eb][quote="DammitLetMeIn":9b0eb]I'd rather focus on Dr.Weil

robby.jpg

But you havent grasped the fact that according to your posts, a high fat diet takes precedence over genetic insusceptibility.[/quote:9b0eb]

thats not what im saying at all. what im saying is (if u'd read properly) is that cooked fats causes an increase in DHT in genetically susceptible individuals thereby triggering the baldness.[/quote:9b0eb]
Can you explain to me why people who eat cooked fats go bald at different ages? I dont undertstand according to your theory why a person who has the same diet as someone else may go bald at 20, while the other guy goes bald at 50. Why is the trigger delayed in some[/quote:9b0eb]

the level of DHT, the level of insulin, the level of testosterone.

take a guy who's doing weights and eating cooked fats - he's theoretically more likely to go bald sooner if hes genetically susceptible as his DHT will be sky high

whereas a guy who only eats chicken (less cooked fat) and does no weights might not go bald so soon

The Gardener

Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
The Gardener said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
I'd rather focus on Dr.Weil

No he doesn't.

He specifically recommends REDUCING intake of saturated fats. Here is his diet suggestion regarding fat, and the web citation from which it came.

On a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet, 600 calories can come from fat--that is, about 67 g. This should be in a ratio of 1:2:1 of saturated to monounsaturated to polyunsaturated fat.

REDUCE your intake of saturated fat by eating less butter, cream, cheese and other full-fat dairy products, unskinned chicken, fatty meats and products made with coconut and palm-kernel oils.

Use extra-virgin olive oil as a main cooking oil. If you want a neutral-tasting oil, use expeller-pressed organic canola oil. High-oleic versions of sunflower and safflower oil are also acceptable.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 96,00.html

So

Established Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
But you havent grasped the fact that according to your posts, a high fat diet takes precedence over genetic insusceptibility.[/quote]

Are you sure? Or is he stating that a high fat intake diet is detrimental to your hair IF you are genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What you mean its not true? It sounds like you don't want it to be true.

There are studies to show that Jap men in urban areas who have adopted a western diet have more hairloss than those in rural areas.

I mean it is not true, at least it is not a valid argument to claim anything. There is no data to prove this. I can claim that baldness is caused by listening too much music, and claim that since the revolution of the mp3 players and iPODS, people see increased balndess rates. This COULD be true, but there is no data to bring it as an evidence.

If you have any studies on the subject, please link it. I try to be open-minded, but i need to see some serious info on this, and so far i have seen none.

abcdefg

Reaction score
What if someone eats the same perfectly healthy diet for 40 years no changes, does not ever lift weights, or take any drugs of any kind. They are then guaranteed to never go bald then?

The guy thats eaten the most big macs ever is in the movie super size me. He was 40 years old had every hair on his head and his cholesterol was 140 he had 3 big macs a day for 20 years.