Armani vs Rahal?

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
s.a.f said:
RaginDemon said:
I can't wait til the day HM comes out so you can get all your hair back... I am gonna get so shitfaced for weeks when HM comes out...then its just a matter of money. I know its at least 10 yrs away.

Do you really think it will be that long? 10 years? I sure hope not! My hair is receding now! I'd rather not have to consider a traditional hair transplant, if for no other reason than it can potentially damage the dormant hair follicles in my scalp which might compromise future HM..... o well.

It would be so nice to go during a lunch break for a "touch up" session. Inject me with some cells, grab a coffee and get back to work lol. Damn we were born too early. It's really annoying that (seemingly) HM is SO CLOSE to being reality. I suppose that's better than it being SO FAR from reality, but still.

Oh btw... on Rahal's "12 reasons" page I came across reason 1:

"Experience: Dr. Rahal has been performing hair transplant surgeries for more then a decade."

RaginDemon

Reaction score
keep dreaming, its AT LEAST 10 yrs away, it might never happen in our life time.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Scalp transplant eyed as a cure for baldness
Feb 2008

Researchers are getting closer to finding a cure for baldness, thanks to cutting edge tissue-engineering technology.

A team from the National Cardiovascular Center (NCVC) in Suita, Osaka Prefecture, Kobe University Hospital and the Osaka Institute of Technology aims to transplant sections of scalp taken from healthy donors.

The donated skin will be specially processed to prevent possible immunological rejection by a patient.

The NCVC's ethics committee approved the joint project on Thursday.

The processing technology involves applying high hydrostatic pressure on the donated scalp skin to destroy cells in the skin tissue and wash them away, while keeping the skin structure intact.

The processed skin, which is like an empty shell, will be transplanted to a patient.

After transplantation, the patient's own cells will fill the empty skin structure to regenerate the skin tissue.

As the skin tissue is reproduced with the patient's own cells, the possibility of immunological rejection will lessen considerably.

The method to remove the original skin cells to prevent rejection without using chemicals was developed by the NCVC.

The NCVC has succeeded in regenerating cardiac valves in experiments using pigs.

In the joint project, researchers will use surplus scalp left over from plastic surgery operations.

Researchers will remove cells in the tissue of the donated scalp skin by immersing it in water at 10,000 times normal atmospheric pressure for about 15 minutes.

Researchers will examine the properties of the processed skin structure, which is composed of collagen and other substances, for use as a base.

In clinical research trials, the researchers will attach hair follicles, which cover hair roots, to the base and transplant the base to the patient.

After the transplanted base regenerates into scalp skin, hair papilla cells taken from the patient will be injected into the regenerated scalp skin to stimulate hair growth.

Hair papilla cells are known to stimulate formation of hair roots in the hair follicles.

Which will come out first this or HM? Both seem pretty sci-fi to me.

Mando

Reaction score
Al right, enough with HM already. Let's talk about what is REAL RIGHT NOW -- which is our hair loss and hair transplant's. Once and for all, where can I go to get FUE done from the best since Hasson and Wong don't. The idea of having a scar on the back of my head for the rest of my life scares the sh*t out of me. S.a.f - 5 hair transplant? What? Why? How do you look now?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Most of the big names in the US and Canada do FUE, do your research there are 100's of posters on here who have documented their hair transplant's just start reading.