article: is bald beautiful

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
these articles are always posted here once every 6 months. they all say the same thing: bald is awesome dude so many chicks dig it, girls looooove bald heads.

And after we read this and try our hardest not to laugh or punch the screen, we go out into a place called reality.

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
ye right.

Just name me 1 guy, 1 person with a full hair who would like to trade his hair with my male pattern baldness "beauty"
and I swear I'll never say a single word about me going bald ever again in my life.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah... right!

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
"Like most women, I don't normally think of balding as a great look. But I also know that my self-confidence (not arrogance) is my most magnetic quality. Comb-overs, hairpieces and Rogaine just don't shriek of self-confidence, do they? Deal with who you are and get comfortable with it!"

Haha what a hypocritical b**ch. Women are 10x more insecure than men. Ever see that Chris Rock special where he goes through a list of how every part of a woman is a lie from here stilettos, her push up bra, her hair, her makeup, perfume etc...

It's true with confidence and style a bald guy can be very successful with women, I see it everyday but for women to judge men for trying to deal with something as socially unacceptable as hair loss just shows you how crazy b****s truly are.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Of course there will be girls who do not like bald men, but would you want to be with them? In my opinion while hair is a plus, confidence goes even farther. I bet you five bucks you put two men in a room with girls, one with a full head of hair with not much confidence and a man who is balding or balding quite a bit with a great outlook and great confidence. I have a feeling the girls will be all over the latter than the former.

banco

Reaction score
LOL I hate this therapeutic bs. There's a reason why nearly all of the hearthrob actors have great hair.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
which is why bruce willis has been demoted to voice over work. Most guys can pull off the shaved head pretty well, he just looks like a cancer victim.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think Bruce pulled off the bald look better than most, but he is over 50 now and thats too old to be a action hero.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cleverusername said:
which is why bruce willis has been demoted to voice over work. Most guys can pull off the shaved head pretty well, he just looks like a cancer victim.

Not true, he could easily wear a piece, but ignoring that he looks quite cool with a shaved head. I can also only recall only 5 voice overs that he's done in his whole career (Some of which while he had hair)

Anyway, hairs not everything when it comes to appearance. I've much much much more hair than Calum Best and Jason Stratham and am not ugly, but would swap my looks for theirs.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I hate it when I hear anyone say that a bald guy looks like a cancer patient. The thing with people is that they read negatively into baldness since they are of the assumption that one's appearance is representative of what kind of person you are, therefore holding someone's baldness against them. If you're bald then you will more than likely have to contend with these negative stigmas and find a way to cope with public perception.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah... think DMX for example.
I agree that being white and bald definately looks much worse

Ash

Reaction score
Who cares if someone thinks you "look like a cancer patient"? Why should you care about what random people think about your appearance?

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
random ppl no
random women yeah :|

s.a.f

Reaction score
So you should'nt care how other people percieve you? Why bother shaving or showering then why not just wear rags?
Its human nature to care about what others think, we are social animals.

Ash

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
So you should'nt care how other people percieve you? Why bother shaving or showering then why not just wear rags?
Its human nature to care about what others think, we are social animals.

No, I really don't care about how random people perceive me. If someone thinks I "look like a cancer patient" because of something I have zero control over, I could give two shits about them.

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Unfortunately, I am perceived as a cancer patient. Becuase I've had hair transplant's, and a long "ear to ear" donor scar, it is visible when I cut my hair short - which I normally do. I buzz it to like a #2 to 2.5 all the way around, which allows the donor scar to be slightly visible up close.

I truly think that some women feel sorry for me, which is the reason why any of them ever say anything at all to me. This is because they are assuming that I am a cancer patient.

They would, otherwise, usually ignore me completely. Even when I initiate conversations with them, they just want me to leave them alone - it's very obvious becuase of how "annoyed" they act while I'm trying to talk to them.

People always ask me questions like, "So, how long have you been in remission?" Or, "How, did you get that big scar? A car accident? Ouch, that must have hurt!"

The fact that I look like a freakazoid leaves no doubt, that some of my professors in college think I am a "special needs student." Again, I'm not the norm though. Most guys -even guys who have had hair transplant's - don't usually have the "ugly-fugglies" nearly as bad as me. So, in that respect, I am a "special" guy! :woot:

.. Try the joker way on women -
" You wanna know how I got these scars ?! "
just kiddin man
sorry for u

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
That's terrible dudemon. But if you think about it, it is kinda funny that these people who ask you these questions think they are being all kind and conscious and socially sensitive and aware, when they are just going out of their way to prove how ignorant they are to you.