article: is bald beautiful

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, why wont you wear a system then? i can only feel bad for you to a certain point, but i truly think that even an *ugly* looking guy can change to decent at least!! are you working out? jogging? some sportive activity? maybe even try to feature if it possible to fix or blur the scars... don't give up on yourself, as long as you healthy there is no reason you look at least decent! it requires work tho, but it is possible! other then looks, you can work on your confidence, acceptance and some other things regarding your personality that women may find attractive, i bet you have lot to offer, i bet you are more intelligent, smart, intresting, sensitive then the next guy, and some women find these qualities very rare and attractive! and hell, f*** the ladies, do it for yourself!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
There is hope for you yet.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Ash said:
s.a.f said:
So you should'nt care how other people percieve you? Why bother shaving or showering then why not just wear rags?
Its human nature to care about what others think, we are social animals.

No, I really don't care about how random people perceive me. If someone thinks I "look like a cancer patient" because of something I have zero control over, I could give two shits about them.

I call bullshit on this. If that were the case you would have no job and no friends. You don't have to care what people think of your hair loss but you do need to be concerned about how people perceive you in general unless of course you are a total recluse and are on welfare or in prison.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Its not hairloss and baldness that women hate its the men that make such a big deal out of it. I see plenty of balding guys with attractive girls but I understand its not easy for some people to just brush aside hairloss. Hairloss does make you seem older but that is not always a bad thing as I know a 30 year dating a 17 year old and a 36 year old dating a 23 year old but having said that those guys are still nw1's :(

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it comes down to 2 things. I know lots of guys who fullfill this criteria and have lots of hot girls despite being NW4+ at the age of 22. I also know two 22 year old hot girls going out with bald men in their early 30s.

1) How you look with hairloss - Some guys pull it off. Some guys looks distinguished with receeding hairlines, cool with a shaved head or 'mature' with thinning hair. A good body/tan/facial features also often compensates a lot too.

2) How confident you are. A person who's loud, friendly, witty, outgoing, funny, assertive etc. will attract women often regardless of their looks (Within reason of course). A sad, depressed, quiet, recluse is not going to get women.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
1) How you look with hairloss - Some guys pull it off. Some guys looks distinguished with receeding hairlines, cool with a shaved head or 'mature' with thinning hair. A good body/tan/facial features also often compensates a lot too.

2) How confident you are. A person who's loud, friendly, witty, outgoing, funny, assertive etc. will attract women often regardless of their looks (Within reason of course). A sad, depressed, quiet, recluse is not going to get women.
I agree, but cant you see that the two are linked in a loop kinda way, a guy that looks "okish" blading or completly bald will look at the mirror and think "m... I maybe bald, but i still look great!" <---- this is actually a good example of the *critical* moments in your day that make you more confidant, while if the other guy is extreamly bad looking bald/blading + no gf, then IT IS harder to find a source to relay on for confidance, even if he is smart, and witty and funny and whatnot, its very hard to ignore the way you look. this is why im saying, if you can, then try to improve yourself, just so you have some other areas where you can "exceed " other guys just as a source of confidance and nothing more...and again, i think you are being stubbern about the rug, but this is your choice to make, im only trying to think what would make you feel better, i guess if you rule out hats and rugs then its only down to sticking with what you got left or wait for some breakthrow, or spend loads on hair transplants... none of the above is better then a rug imo (as for this moment) if you look really bad bald.
(now if youll excuse me.... i got some set theory hw lined up for meh !! :badmood: )

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Soon I'm growing myself a beard (the growth has boosted incredibly with the use of Regaine) and then shave my head, so everyone will see my hairline. I hope I'll look more masculine next to my nw0 schoolmate fatties.
But, f***, if I had correct teeth in my mouth, I would go bald with pride in my early 20s. I know it's impossible to achieve teeth, though.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
impossible... no. you just need money(a lot of money) for your teeth. remember jim carey?
however the thing with confidence is really a vicious circle... confidence is gained through success... and to be successful you need a lot of confidence. so in my opinion the turning point is when you manage to give a boost to your confidence, then it slowly pays back.

p.s. if you find a way how to do that... tell me :)

IBM

Reaction score
bald is not beautiful. Today i lost another ton of hair and my temples are awry. Balding is the worst sensation.