ASC-J9

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what this powder is supposed to look like?
I should be receiving 500mg of this stuff next week.
My plan is to use it every night in 0.083% solution til it gives me hair.
(0.0083% because according to caymanchem, 0.25mg/ml is the maximum solubility in ethyl acohol and I plan on diluting it to 33% alcohol 33% polypropalyne glycol, 33% water)

I wish there were a permanent way to keep the hair or something other than castration which finasteride is effectively doing.
I'm kinda stuck between early stage and mid stage hair loss.
Too early for hair transplant and too late for finasteride+nizoral to bring me back to density I want...

Any thoughts on this ASC-J9?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Where is your source and how much did you pay for???

Fred

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont want to reveal my source but lets just say I paid a pretty penny for it...

Finasteride causes u to go limp (2% my ***) and it makes your sperm less viable. (Just google finasteride and sperm)
Thats what I meant, sort of a pot shot. I do believe finasteride and dutasteride work very well for hair loss but the side effects makes you choose between your hair and having a hard on+weak sperm. That is a tough choice for any man between 15-55.

Right now I'm taking 0.125mg finasteride 6 days and 1 day 0.25mg finasteride. this study http://www.lef.org/protocols/abstracts/abstr-019.html shows that serum DHT reduction by finasteride is:

72.2% -- 5mg
71.4% -- 1mg
68.6% -- 0.2mg
49.5% -- 0.05mg

so the qtr pill is around 69% and 1/8th pill is somewhere in the 55%-60% range serum DHT reduction.
Now, to make up for the ~35% DHT floating around I use nizoral to plug up the androgen receptors thus maximizing lowered DHT.

ASC-J9, if it works as "advertised" could make the 0.125mg finasteride dose very effective while giving me way less side effect.
It may even let me drop finasteride, though I wouldnt be brave enough to drop it.

I will be doing a spot test before I go full scalp on use. Ofcourse I will continue the finasteride nizoral as before.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have fast hair loss, I dont think a superlow finasteride dose will help, sorry.

I read somewhere that some people had tested homemade ASC-J9 and had poor results, but I dont know if its actually the same. I know androscience makes it superconcentrated and only have 0.001% or so in one dose.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a one source what was selling this drug (the link was posted on this board) but was way too expensive, and still nobody knows how effective is. I will better give a chance to RU.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should give a try to l-lysine, can affect positive on your sperm problem

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
OK this looks harder than I thought...
They felt generous and sent 40mg more, but 540mg is sooo little.
Now I need a scale that measures in miligrams ...

Im gettin cold feet already.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
bababooey said:

go to a local university chemistry lab. As of the quantity, You are NOT supposed to put 100% pure ASCJ-9 on your head, you'd probably mix it in cream or something to make 5%, 10% concentration solution/cream. I'd see what concentration androscience was testing and maybe double it.

el_duterino

Reaction score
goata007 said:
bababooey said:

go to a local university chemistry lab. As of the quantity, You are NOT supposed to put 100% pure ASCJ-9 on your head, you'd probably mix it in cream or something to make 5%, 10% concentration solution/cream. I'd see what concentration androscience was testing and maybe double it.

If he does 10%, with 540mg this will last only 2-3 days since that would translate into roughly 5.4 grams of lotion which is about 5.4 ml based on the weight of water.

Typically a 60ml of liquid lotion will last one month since we figure 2ml per day to cover the MBP areas once a day.
that would equal to a roughly less than 1% ASC-j9 lotion with those 540 mg.

You don't need a chemistry lab !

To be even safer, try about 0.5% which translates into 120ml of lotion with your current powder amount, to try it for 2 months, which should be sufficient to see some progress.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, according to cayman chem info from the link in the previous page, maximum solubility in ethyl alcohol is 0.25mg/ml.
Which means for 60ml of pure ethyl, maximum amount of ASC-J9 that can be dissolved is 15mg.
That equals 0.025% solution which is the same concentration as the highest dose used in acne clinicals.

I'm trying to make it similar alcohol content as liquid minoxidil, which has 30% alcohol, 50% glycol, 20% water.
My current medium of choice is Purell which has 62% ethyl alcohol, and unknown amounts of glycol and water.
I would water it down so it doesnt dry so quickly on my scalp, but it would reduce the concentration.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bababooey said:
I dont want to reveal my source but lets just say I paid a pretty penny for it...

Finasteride causes u to go limp (2% my ***) and it makes your sperm less viable. (Just google finasteride and sperm)
Thats what I meant, sort of a pot shot. I do believe finasteride and dutasteride work very well for hair loss but the side effects makes you choose between your hair and having a hard on+weak sperm. That is a tough choice for any man between 15-55.

Right now I'm taking 0.125mg finasteride 6 days and 1 day 0.25mg finasteride. this study http://www.lef.org/protocols/abstracts/abstr-019.html shows that serum DHT reduction by finasteride is:

72.2% -- 5mg
71.4% -- 1mg
68.6% -- 0.2mg
49.5% -- 0.05mg

so the qtr pill is around 69% and 1/8th pill is somewhere in the 55%-60% range serum DHT reduction.
Now, to make up for the ~35% DHT floating around I use nizoral to plug up the androgen receptors thus maximizing lowered DHT.

ASC-J9, if it works as "advertised" could make the 0.125mg finasteride dose very effective while giving me way less side effect.
It may even let me drop finasteride, though I wouldnt be brave enough to drop it.

I will be doing a spot test before I go full scalp on use. Ofcourse I will continue the finasteride nizoral as before.

What is your problem of not telling your source?? You want to keep it for yourself? How old are you? LOL some people here are just great help..... Better benefits for the forum if more people are trying it...???

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I was a bit wary about any sort of legal ramifications but I dont think there should be any.
I got it from www.xinmabio.com under dimethylcurcumin.

Wow this stuff is really yellow, its like curry powder. I was hoping it would be clear since I dont want this stuff staining my forehead...
Also I got the crappiest made in china scale that is probably not that accurate($45 on ebay)

I put what the scale said was 7mg but it was probably like 20mg.
There are still clumps floating around in Purell after rigorous shaking and some leaking onto my hand.
The little bit of powder turned the whole 60mg bottle very yellow.
I'm not gonna put this on until i get the clumps dissolved.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bababooey said:
Well I was a bit wary about any sort of legal ramifications but I dont think there should be any.
I got it from http://www.xinmabio.com under dimethylcurcumin.

Wow this stuff is really yellow, its like curry powder. I was hoping it would be clear since I dont want this stuff staining my forehead...
Also I got the crappiest made in china scale that is probably not that accurate($45 on ebay)

I put what the scale said was 7mg but it was probably like 20mg.
There are still clumps floating around in Purell after rigorous shaking and some leaking onto my hand.
The little bit of powder turned the whole 60mg bottle very yellow.
I'm not gonna put this on until i get the clumps dissolved.

Thanks my friend! Good sh*t! So what is your recipe??

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea no problem, you sure tho? To be honest, I have no way of testing that this stuff is real or not...

It seems that some of the crystal powder is not ground finely enough to be dissolved easily.
I have a larger glass cup(wish I had a beaker) where I will first measure and put in the powder.
Then I will crush it to a finer powder before pouring the purell/water mixture.
After that, I'll put it in a dropper I ordered from http://www.specialtybottle.com/ and then start using.

I wonder if there is a chemistry set for kids at Toys R us...
This mixing ur own crap is really annoying and messy.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright finished product

CIMG0090.jpg

from a pinch(8mg) of

CIMG0088.jpg

8mg of ASC-J9 into 60ml of liquid comes out to 0.013% solution.
I think I could make it stronger but the acne clinical cream ranged from 0.001%, 0.005% to 0.025%.
This one isnt as watery as I'd like, its still a bit thick and dries out much quicker than rogaine foam...
Will need to dilute the Purell more with water, like half 60% purell, 40% water.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
bababooey said:
Alright finished product

CIMG0090.jpg

from a pinch(8mg) of

CIMG0088.jpg

8mg of ASC-J9 into 60ml of liquid comes out to 0.013% solution.
I think I could make it stronger but the acne clinical cream ranged from 0.001%, 0.005% to 0.025%.
This one isnt as watery as I'd like, its still a bit thick and dries out much quicker than rogaine foam...
Will need to dilute the Purell more with water, like half 60% purell, 40% water.

I don't know much about ASC-J9, the only thing i know it's in under testing but is this thing so potent so 0.013% solution can have any effect

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
OK I put it on my head 3 times and didnt die yet... :bravo:

I'm debating whether I should use this all over my head or just certain spots to see if it works.
Leaning towards going full force but then I wouldnt know if its the ASC-J9 or the quarter Propecia I've been taking for almost 3 months.
For now I am putting it only on certain spots.