cwl94

Reaction score
I ordered some avodart off united pharmacies uk.md. It all looks very legitimate; boxing, leaflet etc however the print of GX CE2 on the pill is a hollow grey type, rather than the traditional red. I haven't experienced any side effects as such and have been using it twice a week. Has anyone else experienced this print on the pill? How can i know if it is legitimate? nb I've never had side effects with finasteride either, which i get from my GP and know to be legit.
IMG_5928.jpgIMG_5929.jpgIMG_5932.jpg

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Same problem i have. i bought it from a forum. He said that he buys it in Turkey. Is it fake?

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks legitimate to me. There really is only one way to find out, send it to a laboratory for testing, ask for a GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry) assay to determine whether it does indeed contain 500 micrograms of dutasteride per capsule.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take genuine Avodart daily for my male pattern baldness and I really enjoy it. My capsules have the traditional red ink on them, and I have read about legitimate capsules having the hollow gray printing on them, so you should be good to go. I'd take the medication at least every other day to really get the benefits from Dutasteride.

cwl94

Reaction score
as i said i have had no sexual side effects, so the only conclusion i can draw is that i have natural very high testosterone and dht which would explain my hair recession in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

is it worst testing it - what does the inside of the real avodart pills taste like if i were to prick it? where did you read about hollow grey print?

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
as i said i have had no sexual side effects, so the only conclusion i can draw is that i have natural very high testosterone and dht which would explain my hair recession in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

is it worst testing it - what does the inside of the real avodart pills taste like if i were to prick it? where did you read about hollow grey print?

Most medications don't have a specific taste, you're mostly going to be tasting binders, fillers and excipients (which would be present all the same even in fake medications) which would just be unpleasant and a waste of time. Dutasteride isn't one of those medications that you can identify in such a way. (at least not to the best of my knowledge)

cwl94

Reaction score
do you think its feasible that there is a production site that produces such 'high quality' fakes ? maybe i'm just being paranoid due to the lack of sides - something i'm sure i shouldn't be complaining about!

- - - Updated - - -

do you think its feasible that there is a production site that produces such 'high quality' fakes ? maybe i'm just being paranoid due to the lack of sides - something i'm sure i shouldn't be complaining about!