Azelaic Acid, B6, Zinc

Speedyt5

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to make this as a topical? I can find the azelaic acid flakes, I also have the Finacea cream, it is at 15% I have just been applying this by itself the past two weeks, I have had a little increased shedding, I'm wondering if the cream by itself is too strong? Anyone know where to find the post in order to find the ingredients and make a good topical?

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi,
i think the revivogen topical stuff contains azelaic acid b6 and zinc, but it's expensive, dunno the dosage and if anyone got much results with this.
i put azelaic acid in my minoxidil but i don't think you should mix minoxidil with zinc..

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
5% azelaic acid will be enough using more than that will burn your scalp. Use zinc supplement instead of topical.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
I used Finacea before burned the hell out of my scalp! Now I only use it on spots, it has a ton of other ingredients so I wouldn't use it for hair loss.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
since we don't talk about zix anymore guess it wasn't really effective (?)

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used superzix2 for a year and it was very good at maintaining my hair, unfortunately I have grey-white hair and the zinc dyed it yellow. I had yellow hair in the crown for nearly a year and eventually stopped after a girl in work laughed at me in front of other work mates.

But it does work, although the rule of thumb is don't use zix and minoxidil as they affect each other's ability to work (there is a proper chemistry reason behind it).

Billy

Speedyt5

Reaction score
So I searched for a while and found a minoxidil with azelaic acid in it and then another product with the b6, I bought them and am using them, the problem is there is no zine sulfate in either. Can I just topically apply Zinc Sulfate that I bought in liquid form? Do I need to dilute it? it is called Biomedic 1500 triple strength and the coenzyme. I wish I could get them tested to make sure it has azelaic acid in it, cause I thought it was only by prescription. Anyways, what do you guys think of the zinc?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chiming a little late here, Ive been using a zinc/b6 mix called "zix" for over ten years and it's helped me maintain most of my hair since I quit finasteride 11 years ago - you make it yourself from vitamins I bought on amazon.

Zinc Sulfate and B6 p5p with ethyl alcohol (70%), very important to use "ethyl alcohol. I use plus pharma zinc, and ecological formulas b6 (in tablets). you may be able to find a better source of b6 though.

I just bought some azelaic acid from ebay to step up it's effectiveness.

I cant emphasize enough how much this helped me control my hair loss.

just google zix hair - I use the original zix

Cheers

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
That's fascinating. What was your Norwood before finasteride.?
Do you have any pics which might better demonstrate your success?
Many here might appreciate. Much thanks.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
That's fascinating. What was your Norwood before finasteride.?
Do you have any pics which might better demonstrate your success?
Many here might appreciate. Much thanks.

I.D ! I'm cooking this stuff right now. Have you ended up trying ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
just found this post, i dropped the azelaic acid, didnt feel it was helping, and might have been hurting.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just found this post, i dropped the azelaic acid, didnt feel it was helping, and might have been hurting.
worm, I read in the other post that the zix creator thinks azelaic acid might not be good to be used with zix together. If you want to use it you need to make a stand-alone solution and apply separately.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes indeed this is true. I did apply it independently from a separate bottle. I dropped it a few weeks ago now. I dont think i saw any improvement one way or another.

Where I believe i am seeing improvement is I dropped my zinc picolinate (50mgs) which i had been taking for 7 years now i believe. I absolutely loved it as it would super charge my libido, I believe by increasing my T. I dropped it a little over 3-4 weeks ago now, and I notice my shedding has halved from about 50+ hairs in the shower to close to 20 (sometimes 25). It's a huge improvement. I figure other than the shower im shedding less during the say and seeing few hairs on my pillow. I suspect I may be losing 30-40 hairs less over a day. If I translate that into a month, that's could be over 1000 hairs a month multiplied by months. I think Im seeing an increase in coverage on my scalp. Im excited to see what the next few months brings. Im also hoping that with less T in my system, the miniturization will reverse itself. On the downside, Im experiencing less urge for sex...

With respect to zix, I went from losing 100-200 hairs per "shower" to about 40 within a couple weeks after starting, this is after dropping finasteride and eventually minoxidil. That was a huge win for me. I cant deny that finasteride was the best for me in terms of maintenance, but after 7.5 years on it, i just came to a point where the sides were too much for me. Zix imo has been the next best thing.

@I.D WALKER just missed your post about pics. I'll see what i can dig up.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@resu

Thanks I had a look.

That's a bit of a coincidence. Let me start by saying, i think applying zix to your scalp does in fact prevent dht from attacking the hair follicles by whatever mechanism (i dont have the focus or attention to learn the biological process). on Joe's zix site he references many articles. It's somewhat backed up by this hairegen unit, by various shampoo's such as lipogaine, pure d'or, and another (cant remember the name), as well as a couple otc ointments that have come out containing zinc/b6 mix. Personally I find zix works well for me, and it's homemade and cheapest too :)

The thing I am starting to wonder about is taking zinc internally, i dont think it reaches my scalp as zinc, but rather my body converts it to extra T in my system, and therefore translates to more dht in my scalp. While Zix on the otherhand is direct zinc (combined with b6) massaged into my scalp, which i believe is counteracting the Androgenetic Alopecia process.

But because I was taking such a high dose of zinc for so long which converts to T -> dht, there were two competing forces and some dht wasnt being nixed by my zix. So I speculate by reducing my Zinc, Im reducing T and therefore DHT. By using zix as well Im also reducing the DHT that is being produced. It's day 25 of losing what I guess is at least 30 less hairs per day (just based on shower count). I think it'll be at least another couple months before i really start to notice the cosmetic effects as the hair growing in has to get longer too. Im hoping the miniturization will reverse as well and the finer hair i have will get thicker. Maybe by mid sept, i'll have some luck and it'll look decently thicker.

Im pretty jazzed.

I'll write about my copper experience later, it's a little unrelated to hairloss, but maybe it's not (after seing the hairegen site)....