Azelaic Acid, B6, Zinc

deraj

Reaction score
@resu

Thanks I had a look.

That's a bit of a coincidence. Let me start by saying, i think applying zix to your scalp does in fact prevent dht from attacking the hair follicles by whatever mechanism (i dont have the focus or attention to learn the biological process). on Joe's zix site he references many articles. It's somewhat backed up by this hairegen unit, by various shampoo's such as lipogaine, pure d'or, and another (cant remember the name), as well as a couple otc ointments that have come out containing zinc/b6 mix. Personally I find zix works well for me, and it's homemade and cheapest too :)

The thing I am starting to wonder about is taking zinc internally, i dont think it reaches my scalp as zinc, but rather my body converts it to extra T in my system, and therefore translates to more dht in my scalp. While Zix on the otherhand is direct zinc (combined with b6) massaged into my scalp, which i believe is counteracting the Androgenetic Alopecia process.

But because I was taking such a high dose of zinc for so long which converts to T -> dht, there were two competing forces and some dht wasnt being nixed by my zix. So I speculate by reducing my Zinc, Im reducing T and therefore DHT. By using zix as well Im also reducing the DHT that is being produced. It's day 25 of losing what I guess is at least 30 less hairs per day (just based on shower count). I think it'll be at least another couple months before i really start to notice the cosmetic effects as the hair growing in has to get longer too. Im hoping the miniturization will reverse as well and the finer hair i have will get thicker. Maybe by mid sept, i'll have some luck and it'll look decently thicker.

Im pretty jazzed.

I'll write about my copper experience later, it's a little unrelated to hairloss, but maybe it's not (after seing the hairegen site)....

Hey, Worm

This seems to be pretty interesting. I'm looking into alternative options as i'm too scared to try finasteride, and the implications of minoxidil not being a very good long term solution bother me.

The only thing concerning me is the fact there isn't many people talking about this or claiming results. Not to say yours are not real, but just that you may be very lucky! Though from your testimony to its positive effects, I would be very interested in looking into this myself.

Do you reckon you could post pictures or any kind of visual guide to your results? Also, how difficult/expensive is the process of obtaining mixing and applying the solution?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@deraj

I'll see what I can dig up for pictures. It's a bit of a hassle, but I'll find some over the past 20 years. It'll take some time, because some of them aren't digital.

My success has come from not losing hair as fast as I would have. Gotta run. Will see what I can dig up over the next few days.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read a little bit into the HLH posts and it seems even though zinc+b6 had a lot of initial results, those results tend to reverse or worsen as time goes. Might have something to do with the skin damage caused by long term zinc usage.

One user was reporting success on strict topical b6 without zinc. He didn't mention how things go afterwards but I saw him jumping on finasteride which...well, says something about it.

It might be a good idea to cycle it.