bad hair transplants and signifcant others/suicidal thoughts

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The 2nd pic makes the plugginess very apparent..... Anyways.. I thought it was good work until some girl was running her hands through my hair and she said "you're losing your hair there" and I presume either that side of head hair or right side.. there's a gap in there.. I might photograph that too..

oh, I'm 30... I'm socially "special", so I gots the problems with the womens.

Believe me, where the transplanted hair is, is thin.. Or sparse, is that a better word? Not much coverage, gappage.. In bright sunlight, it's transparent. I had a pic on my cellphone where that hair didn't even show up in the piecture.. I looked like an old man.

Aplunk1 said:
What was this thread for again?

What the heck, dude. You're hair looks great. Especially when it's curly, it makes it look way more thick. Plus, girls love curly hair. I wish I had my curls back.

You're officially crazy. You're transplants look great and unnoticeable. You don't need anything else. I don't know your age, but it's totally acceptable to have a natural-looking hairline like the one you have.

Take some Xanax, have 3 beers, and get your dick sucked = the cure to your worries.

Haha, but seriously, you look great man. I don't see any problems on this end. I don't see any thinning either. I think that you're setting your expectations too high, especially when it comes to being scared to talk to women.

You live life between your ears, man. Your hair doesn't look like it's getting worse (worse isn't the word I'm really trying to use here). There's always options, and there will be more.

That's my two cents, at least.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Then stick to your treatments.
Transplanted hair isn't supposed to fall out right?

If I could keep that hair, maybe a little bit less, as you grow older, then that would make me happy.

It's kind of cool that she ran her fingers through your hair and didn't notice you even had surgery done up there! Besides, f*** the girl who says, "Your hair is a little thin there."

You have to say something like, "Men who lose their hair do better in bed."

That will shut her up, unless she wants to f*** you right then and there.

The way I see it, you're still young and in a win-win situation to go out and experience life before you hit 50+.

By the way, don't be socially special. All it takes is some good confidence, a good friend, and a little faith.

How long have you been on your treatments?

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! There's nothing wrong with your hair!

As someone with worse hair loss than yours, I really want to slap the hell out of you for all the crap you've posted.

Maybe you're just 'one of those guys' who naturally attracts people's cruel sides. I have a friend like that -- nothing noticably wrong with him, but anywhere he goes, he instantly becomes the lowest person on the food chain and becomes the butt of everyone's jokes. Even in a new state, around people he's never met, they quickly latch on to him as a target.

Maybe it's pheromones. Who knows why some people are targets of cruelty. But, in this instance, it sure as hell has nothing to do with bad hair transplants.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's plenty of non transplanted hair on my head, that's the problem. It's gonna fall out most likely.. After all, I am losing my hair, that's why I had transplants and have regimen.. The ENTIRE donor supply was used ina small area, and the coverage there is still bad.. THere's a big gap you can't see in the pics..

My regimen:

1mg propecia
12.5% minoxidil at night on the hairline and side
5% with retin-A at night on the rest of the head
5% with retin-A (a tiny amount) in the morning..
2% Dr Lee's generic Nizoral (just started using it more often, probably 3-4x a week now)

I'm also gonna start taking L-Lysine..

I just got my folligen today, but am not sure how to use it..

I hate that word confidence. It's easy to say it, but when one doesn't know what it means or how you get it, it makes it hard to get..

Aplunk1 said:

If I could keep that hair, maybe a little bit less, as you grow older, then that would make me happy.

It's kind of cool that she ran her fingers through your hair and didn't notice you even had surgery done up there! Besides, f*** the girl who says, "Your hair is a little thin there."

The way I see it, you're still young and in a win-win situation to go out and experience life before you hit 50+.

By the way, don't be socially special. All it takes is some good confidence, a good friend, and a little faith.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Take the pictures of exactly what you're wanting us all to see as bad. So far there's nothing to talk about.

recboi said:
There's plenty of non transplanted hair on my head, that's the problem. It's gonna fall out most likely.. After all, I am losing my hair, that's why I had transplants and have regimen.. The ENTIRE donor supply was used ina small area, and the coverage there is still bad.. THere's a big gap you can't see in the pics..

My regimen:

1mg propecia
2% Dr Lee's generic Nizoral (just started using it more often, probably 3-4x a week now)

I hate that word confidence. It's easy to say it, but when one doesn't know what it means or how you get it, it makes it hard to get..

Aplunk1 said:

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the middle pic you can see the plugginess. I'll take more pics in the morning.. ALso inthe big pic, in the center of my harline (bottom of the pic) you can see plugs. I can't even figure out how to take a pic of the horrible scarring on the back that I have.

hairwegoagain said:
Take the pictures of exactly what you're wanting us all to see as bad. So far there's nothing to talk about.

recboi said:

My regimen:

1mg propecia

Aplunk1 said:

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
I think there should be some sort of poll on how your hair looks. From what I have seen from the pictures your hair looks fine. It's hard to tell what your hair looks like with those curls though. Which is a plus actually, because if no one can see your bald spots your claiming to have, then there is nothing for them to say about your hair loss. From the pictures I saw the doctor looks like he did a good job to me. But from the messages I have read briefly you keep having negative comments about what the doctor did and how badly your hair looks. All negative. Your hair looks fine to me. POSITIVE! All the messages I have read from everyone here and they have been POSITIVE about your hair. All this negative stuff you have gives you a negative attitude. I'm sure you have heard this before from other ppl. Your shrink as well. Well now if everyone says good things about your hair, then you should feel good about it. On the Norwood scale I'm a 4. You surpass me for hair. I'm not going to try to let it run or say that it is ruining my life though. Alot of ppl here are saying that very thing to you in this forum. :hump: <-- You need to do that and quite worrying about your hair.

strikernr

Reaction score
recboi, you hair looks fine. Enjoy life while you can. You worry that your hair will look crap when you loose them all and just left with your transplant hair...i say that day is far from now. So why worry about that now when you should be worrying about other things..like having fun. Man, go out with your friends, have fun, drink, party and like Aplunk1 said...f*** around....this is your age. At 30 your focus should be at things like finding the right girl for yourself who will support you for the rest of your life and not give a crap about your hair...not some waco girl who comments about your hairline.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't do that, because you have to think about the future. People who live for todaydon't think about future consequences. I would eventually have to tell this person if they didn't figure it out on their own.. And if they confronted me on it, I am so ashamed of having it done, that I'd deny it and never speak with them again.. Again, the town I live in, if all other things equal, a girl will pick the guy with hair.. THere are plenty of millionaires to choose from here. I don't think they'll pick the one with the bad implants.. Plus, obviously my personality isn't the best, because it surely hasn't made up for my hair problems.. So I'm trying to fight a fight with one arm t ied behind my back..

strikernr said:
recboi, you hair looks fine. Enjoy life while you can. You worry that your hair will look crap when you loose them all and just left with your transplant hair...i say that day is far from now. So why worry about that now when you should be worrying about other things..like having fun. Man, go out with your friends, have fun, drink, party and like Aplunk1 said...f*** around....this is your age. At 30 your focus should be at things like finding the right girl for yourself who will support you for the rest of your life and not give a crap about your hair...not some waco girl who comments about your hairline.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
recboi said:
I can't do that, because you have to think about the future. People who live for todaydon't think about future consequences. I would eventually have to tell this person if they didn't figure it out on their own.. And if they confronted me on it, I am so ashamed of having it done, that I'd deny it and never speak with them again.. Again, the town I live in, if all other things equal, a girl will pick the guy with hair.. THere are plenty of millionaires to choose from here. I don't think they'll pick the one with the bad implants.. Plus, obviously my personality isn't the best, because it surely hasn't made up for my hair problems.. So I'm trying to fight a fight with one arm t ied behind my back..

strikernr said:

f***, move to Iowa or Mexico or something.

If your big bone of contention is where you live, then take yourself out of the equation and move somewhere a little less superficial.

"Life is what happens when you're busy preparing for the future..."

And you're not really even preparing much for the future -- you're just bracing yourself to feel even more like sh*t than you do now.

If you're going to roll with this current frame of mind, with the attitude that things will never get better, then why bother? What's the point? Go live in the mountains or something. Trap your own food and develop a grudge against people of power. Send letter bombs. Someone's gotta be the news headlines in ten years.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
You have a weak excuse for everything. You really have to stop it. It's your "sky is falling" mindset that is putting people off. I am now 100% convinced of that.

DC has plenty of potential girls for you. So do its surrounding areas. Have you met all of them? If not, then I don't think you can make the generalizations you have. If you're not going to go out and see for yourself, perhaps you should look at one of the online dating websites for proof. I guarantee you there are hundreds of girls out there asking themselves, "why can't I find a good guy?" You need to get your head in a place that allows you to be one.

For everything suggested or stated, you're going to come up with a bogus reason why you can't do it. Your response is automatic and without thought, because you've allowed your brain to continue in this introverted spiral. Perhaps it's your preference for some strange reason. It's a real shame that you refuse to make an effort to help yourself - because you could do so very easily.

recboi said:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It's not my place to post a pscyhological post, which is why I'll simply say this... Recboi, I think that you look just fine, and that's there's few if any problems you have. They're overexaggerated. You probably have problems with self-esteem because of the way you were treated about your hair in the past. It's fine now, and you're okay.

You can get all the girls you want, i promise you. Come to Las Vegas, and I'll show you around. I'm 20, but I can get some young girls to love you, too. :)

Recboi, maybe you should consider talking to a new therapist... one that can let you open up. I mean, I know that people here on the forum, for the most part, are trying to encourage you. But in reality, someone with a PHD can do much better.

Try a new regime of exercise and diet. It's 2006, and you're in another decade of your life. Try finding out what YOU want in this world, instead of focusing on what you think is WRONG about you.

It's your chance to change your life around, and no one is stopping you but yourself.

Goodluck

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've lived here my entire life. I know the people that this area attracts. The women believe they are entitled to Brad Pitt, and they have impossibly high expectations, though realize they have to settle, so they might date you, but will drop you as soon as they find someone who's closer to Brad Pitt.. THis has happened to me, and virtually all of my friends in this area.. Read the DC craigslist too, it often has people ranting about how even fat girls think they're entitled to Brad Pitt around these parts.

hairwegoagain said:
You have a weak excuse for everything. You really have to stop it. It's your "sky is falling" mindset that is putting people off. I am now 100% convinced of that.

DC has plenty of potential girls for you. So do its surrounding areas. Have you met all of them? If not, then I don't think you can make the generalizations you have. If you're not going to go out and see for yourself, perhaps you should look at one of the online dating websites for proof. I guarantee you there are hundreds of girls out there asking themselves, "why can't I find a good guy?" You need to get your head in a place that allows you to be one.

For everything suggested or stated, you're going to come up with a bogus reason why you can't do it. Your response is automatic and without thought, because you've allowed your brain to continue in this introverted spiral. Perhaps it's your preference for some strange reason. It's a real shame that you refuse to make an effort to help yourself - because you could do so very easily.

recboi said:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
What? A woman who is insatiable and materialistic??! Where do you find one of those?

Dude, the second that a girl sees that you're happy with yourself, she'll be all over your nuts. End of story.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha, not in DC. Anyways, here are some pics, I dunno why the picture quality is so bad.. But in the second pic, you can clearly see the row of plugs, and then a huge gap between the hairline and my natural receeded hairline..

Aplunk1 said:
What? A woman who is insatiable and materialistic??! Where do you find one of those?

Dude, the second that a girl sees that you're happy with yourself, she'll be all over your nuts. End of story.
bad1.JPG

bad2.JPG

bad3.JPG

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here's another. If you don't agree with me on this one, then I could comb the second row of plugs back, so you can see the hairline plugs and the gap, then the second row that I brush back.... WOw, I should really stop biting my fingernails..

plugs.JPG

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They show up here. If I remember correctly, you probably are seeing a box with an x or something wh ere the image is supposed to be.. Right click on that and select "show images"

Aplunk1 said:
None of the new pictures are showing up on my computer... bad links?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the X, but it looks like it's working now. The pictures are really big, but from what I can see, I don't see any plugs. I see some thinning, which could probably be treated with Minoxidil and Tricomin.

You're scalp looks inflammed. You need to do something about that.

Plenty of hair there, no problem on your side.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I put on 12.5% xandrox and folligen after last night. scalp felt like burning... It's not that it's thin, it's disperse.. Can't grow any there because that entire area is transplanted.. been using minoxidil for about 10 years now.

Aplunk1 said:
Yeah, I saw the X, but it looks like it's working now. The pictures are really big, but from what I can see, I don't see any plugs. I see some thinning, which could probably be treated with Minoxidil and Tricomin.

You're scalp looks inflammed. You need to do something about that.

Plenty of hair there, no problem on your s

ide.