Balding Scot's Story - (Follow my story if ya like.)

Petchsky

Reaction score
Route66 said:
You locked Personguy's thread because you didn't like what he was saying, and now you want to delete my post because I've said something you don't like. Is this why you became a moderator, so you could delete things you don't want to hear? You pathetic little loser.

How mature for a man in his 40s. Personguy's thread was archived upon his own request.

I'd say it was you who didn't like what I said, and then proceeded to be arrogant, aggressive and patronising. Then you carry on arguing with me despite the OP stating he didn't want his thread being clogged up with this pointless argument.

A

Administrator

Route66 -

You're hitting a nerve with Petchsky mostly because his intentions aren't as malicious as you're assuming. At the same time I totally "get" where you're coming from regarding "natural" alternatives. Keep in mind I was hated by thousands for many years because I was the guy who pushed study data and facts, over conjecture and herbs. People were convinced (I now call this the Fox news syndrome) that just because I held a position, I was secretly an evil bastard who had sold out to big pharma and was sure to bring doom to all hair loss sufferers.

Likewise, your posts come too close to impying that Petchsky is being irresponsible and violating an unspoken rule about treatments. Technically supplements have their place, though their place is nothing more than a hopeful addition to a solid proven regimen. Just know firsthand that Petch isn't recommending that site out of a rebellion to data. He saw the long list that Scot posted with supplements, and was directing him to a site that focuses on exploring those things.

Between you and I? I doubt they do much of anything either. But I also learned that the more options people have to put hope in, the more at peace they are with their hair loss. So they could respond very personally in the other direction too. Telling them their herbs wont help decreases their hope. This may illicit anger. I know why you do it. I did it for the same reason. But i eventually realized that my job is to encourage proven treatments and let people do their own thing - to keep their own mental stability.

The important part is making sure we NEVER recommend supplements and herbs *before* proven treatments. If someone is on a proven regimen, then what they do after that is up to them. I hear your point. You dont want newbies to think those things are just as good or that they will even do a damn thing. And I get why you dont want people to start sending members over to a site that does nothing but talk supplements. Because we have reason to believe that supplements don't treat hair loss sufficiently on their own.

So your heart is in the right place, and so is Petchskys. If we really wanted to be accurate, I would hire someone to find every herbal post and make sure he puts up a disclaimer message immediately afterwards saying "These products may or may not help, make sure you're on a proven regimen before exploring other alternatives". Unfortunately we can't have someone here to do that.

Admin

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Personguy's thread was archived upon his own request.

HA HA! Only after it was locked by you did I write Cassin and ask him to delete it based on the fact that I didn't want a thread that I started locked and filled with crap by you on Dr. Feller's behalf with no chance for me to defend myself.

How easy is that? To just delete and lock posts or threads hidden behind a legitimate reason, when in reality you just don't agree with what's being said. My niece is 3 years old, and when she doesn't like something she says, "I don't like it, make it go away." I fail to see a difference in her logic and how you handle posts you don't agree with.

For the record I don't see this post even getting out of the gate before you make it disappear. That's fine though. At least this time I see it coming.

Route66

Reaction score
Personguy is one the most honest (and one of the funniest) people on HairLossTalk.com IMO. I don't think he could say anything offensive if he tried.

Balding Scot - Dont worry, I'm not going to say any more on this thread (as much as I'd love to). I truly wish you luck with everything. :)

Petchsky

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
Petchsky said:
Personguy's thread was archived upon his own request.

HA HA! Only after it was locked by you did I write Cassin and ask him to delete it based on the fact that I didn't want a thread that I started locked and filled with crap by you on Dr. Feller's behalf with no chance for me to defend myself.

How easy is that? To just delete and lock posts or threads hidden behind a legitimate reason, when in reality you just don't agree with what's being said. My niece is 3 years old, and when she doesn't like something she says, "I don't like it, make it go away." I fail to see a difference in her logic and how you handle posts you don't agree with.

For the record I don't see this post even getting out of the gate before you make it disappear. That's fine though. At least this time I see it coming.

I've never deleted a thread yet, and that thread of yours in the H/T section was the only one I've ever locked, but hey, don't let that get in the way of your argument that i'm like a child who constantly deletes posts.

I know that you are not happy with your transplant with Dr Feller, but the thread you started caused a stir because you said the transplant was of a poor quality, but didn't provide any pictures for people to make up their own minds. Spex, Dr Feller's rep saw your thread and brought it to the Dr's attention. He got in touch with me and wanted to defend himself against your posts. Doctors are not allowed to post on HairLossTalk.com unless they believe they are being unfairly maligned. You went to see Dr Feller and had pictures taken, you said you would post them, but didn't, so Dr Feller posted them on another site and I put a link to the photos for the substantial amount of posters who were following the thread with interest.

The photos in my opinion, and the opinion of most, if not all other posters, was that your transplant looked great. I understand that your opinion is the one that matters to you with it being your head, but If you're saying bad things about your transplant from a respected doctor, then you have to back that up with photographic evidence, otherwise anyone can go on-line and slander away and it's the site owner who is liable for being sued if the doctor is so inclined.

Personally, I think you're a hair transplant doctors worst nightmare.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Granted, I was a bit snappy to Route66 about deleting his posts, but this was more a case of wanting to end our pointless bickering and not hijack baldingscots thread, which has now happened.

I will only delete these posts upon baldingscots request since this is his 'tell your story' thread.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
You went to see Dr Feller and had pictures taken, you said you would post them, but didn't, so Dr Feller posted them on another site and I put a link to the photos for the substantial amount of posters who were following the thread with interest.

Feller to this day never sent me the pictures. I can't post what I don't have. He took it upon himself to post them on hairtransplantnetwork.com. And even after the fact, never sent them to me.

But I couldn't communicate this fact b/c my thread was locked.

Petchsky said:
The photos in my opinion, and the opinion of most, if not all other posters, was that your transplant looked great.

Those pictures did not near illustrate what I was talking about. I agree, the pictures looked great in fact I wish it looked like the pictures. I stated this after the fact and even extended an open invitation to anyone who wished to inspect it in person. I see my head everyday and I hear the comments I don't need pictures to tell me what I'm looking at. And if it were just in my head then the public outside of the hair transplant world wouldn't have noticed.

Petchsky said:
...but If you're saying bad things about your transplant from a respected doctor, then you have to back that up with photographic evidence, otherwise anyone can go on-line and slander away and it's the site owner who is liable for being sued if the doctor is so inclined.

You mean liable for libel; and if your wondering, this particular case doesn't fit the parameters. It has to be communicated in a way that ruins a reputation and the complaining party must prove it to be untrue, which in the case of someone clearly stating, "this is my opinion" cannot be done.

Petchsky said:
Personally, I think you're a hair transplant doctors worst nightmare.

And a hair transplant patient's wet dream.

This whole subject is a tightly packed box of springs and I've already done my part of putting them all back once. I don't intend to repeat this process and so I'm all done with this thread.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Balding Scot said:
This thread hijacking has annoyed me so much that I'm giving up on everything and buying a wig.

LOL, Baldingscots story, with some added HairLossTalk.com drama.

CCS knows all about wigs :)

Balding Scot

Reaction score
Ha, you might think I'm kidding, but I'm stunned at what can be done with lace hairpieces now days. Gonna get me a souped up one, and move on.

Obsessing about hair loss sucks. Either go bald, or get a piece, is my new mantra.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Reading this story I can say that from my experience 0.25 compared to 1 of propecia won't change anything, the side effects will be the same. Secondly you say you suffered 'mental' side effects? Of course it's your life but I would kill for mental side effects over physical ones anyday. I experienced physical effects and was unable to take the drug.
In regards to hair replacements yes they are extremely realistic nowerdays. I have seen people wear them and chatted to them face to face and the majority seem very down to earth and nice people. The lace pieces themselves are undetectable but you have to be careful where you go. Toplace is by far the cheapest and most ethical company that I know of. Debbie who cuts the units in is extremely skilled. I myself at some point however will be going to JA alternatives as they use virgin european hair and I am not bothered spending more money.

Balding Scot

Reaction score
Yup. It's all about a well done lace hairpiece I think, that's the best way to solve this problem.

There's a place in Toronto called New Roots -- they have extraordinary pieces there.. similar to JA. They can do European hair, and there's something about their lace and attachment methods that seem to be an improvement to even the best toplace stuff I've seen... Nick, the guy who runs it, has come off as a really honest guy, only place I know that has done so much video work on their website and on youtube.

They've got me pretty stoked about wearing hair.

As for wanting physical sides over mental, I suppose the grass is always greener, but seriously mate, you have no idea how bad these mental side effects can be. Panic Disorder is very extreme, it can make you feel like you're having a heart attack, floating out of your body, or unable to breath, for hours at a time. It's terrifying. I'd rather take tits or a limp dick over panic attacks any day, seriously.

Anyways, I have this propecia sitting here, but the more I think about it, the more I want to give lace pieces a chance.