Baldingsince16's Story - (Name says it all, pics included)

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Well it all started when i had just turned 16 years old and at the time i was pretty fat. I started fast all the time and i was loosing weight fast, at one point i lost 40 lbs in 2 months. And one time i went to the barber to get my usually buzz cut and i noticed my hair line was receding big time. I couldn't believe it since i had just turned 16 years old.

Hair line when i was 15 about to turn 16.
YoungIvan-1.jpg

And i couldn't believe that my perfect hairline had receding so fast! I would of thought it would recede slowly but all it took was about 3 weeks or so. At 1st iu thought if i started eating more it would grow back but it hasn't worked.... i guess the fasting had just speeded up the process. :dunno:

1 month after i realized my hair was receding.
Whenitallbegan.jpg

And that was about 2 years ago.... now i'm 18 and praying my hairline does not become noticeable. I just wanna graduate and hope no one gets to see my going through all this because its just embarrasing. No one my age at school has my problem... NO ONE. :( Hopefully my hair line will stay intact until they find a cure... but thats just me praying. :)

I grew my hair out so you can't notice i have a receding hairline if you look at me. Heres my hairline now:

CRIM0005.jpg

CRIM0004.jpg

CRIM0001.jpg

CRIM0020.jpg

Any suggestions on how to maintain it? And i don't wanna use the big three because i heard it gets worse before it gets better. Is there any natural products that can help?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: My Story (pictures)

it looks more like a mature hairline to me.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score

it actually doesn't look like your hair's got worse since you were 16, so that's good. usually someone who starts so young would expect to lose a lot before they're 20, but you look like you're ok. In fact, your hair looks great at the moment. No signs of hairloss at all mate.

"natural" treatments are bullshit, don't bother.

usually I would recommend Propecia, but you're still quite young so you should hold off for a few years. Maybe something topical like spironolactone cream or fluridil which do the same things as propecia but only affect the scalp.

Also, the very least you should do is start using Nizoral shampoo three times a week.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

i agree with flimflam, if your male pattern baldness kicked in at 16, you should have been experiencing some aggresive loss, it doesn't look your hairline has changed much.

Reaction score

That actually makes me feel better. Ever since male pattern baldness hit me i've been taking hair vitamins so my hair would be thickish, and its worked. I remember there was a point when i didn't have any temples at ALL. They have just recently started to grow back on their own :punk: . Whats funny is that my sister is in denial now, shes saying it might be my health causing all this. :roll:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

some people will have their hair receeded a little at the temples and develop a mature hairline. Its more like a NW2 kind of hairline and it stays that way for a long time. From the pics, I am not sure if you have male pattern baldness at all.

Reaction score

The weird thing is that i can see all the small hairs that used make up my hair line. They're small and won't grow; is there anyway i can make them grow? I don't know if i have male pattern baldness for sure but i'm about 70% sure i do. Anyways, my parents have agreed to take me to the Dermatologist so we'll see.

barcafan

Reaction score

What's your family history like? How many baldies and how old did they go bald.

Reaction score

On my dads side hes the only one in the family that went bald everyone else had a full head of thick hair. He went bald like went he turned 40. On my mom side i have 1 uncle who went bald and he went bald in his 40's too. Those are the only 2 i know of... not many people in my family are bald. It sucks i have to go through this at this age.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

Baldingsince16 said:
Any suggestions on how to maintain it? And i don't wanna use the big three because i heard it gets worse before it gets better. Is there any natural products that can help?

use propecia,you are 18 ,thats old enough............it wont make it 'get worse before it gets better'.............its minoxidil that would make you shed.......

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I agree with libertine, just use finasteride for now, you don't need minoxidil yet.

Reaction score

I know this is gonna sound like a dumb question but what does finasteride do? Does it regrow hair or maintain it, or what?

G

It mostly maintains hair, but there is also a chance of some thickening. Though hairline regrowth is almost impossible to achieve.

I also advise Minoxidil, it is almost your only chance to get these miniaturized hairs to grow again. But it is your choice.

Good Luck, my friend!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Taugenichts said:
It mostly maintains hair, but there is also a chance of some thickening. Though hairline regrowth is almost impossible to achieve.

I also advise Minoxidil, it is almost your only chance to get these miniaturized hairs to grow again. But it is your choice.

Good Luck, my friend!

I wouldn't say impossible, I had some minor hairline regrow from finasteride.

Reaction score

Okay, well i don't think the other pictures really showed how bad my hairline is. So heres some pictures:

Crown.jpg

LeftTemple.jpg

RightTemple2.jpg

My left side is receding way more than my right. :(

I've been shedding like crazy for some weird reason this month and its driving me nuts.... and its rather embarrasing. I always have hair all over my shirts and people comment on it. I made an appointment with a tricologist on Wednesday. I'm thinking i'm gonna go ahead and start the big three. Doesn't hurt to try.....

RaginDemon

Reaction score

these pics clearly show that you have a receeded hairline. From the look of it, I think its male pattern baldness.

Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
these pics clearly show that you have a receeded hairline. From the look of it, I think its male pattern baldness.

Yeah i know its really bad. I'm pretty sure it's male pattern baldness. What i hate is that my scalp is getting SUPER itchy. Does this happen to anyone else?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

finasteride and nizoral will help you reduce the itchiness.

Reaction score

Well i went to the tricologist today and he seems to think that something else might be causing my hairline to recede. He said my hairline was receding weird because my whole hairline was being affected and male pattern baldness usually only affected the temples. Plus, my temples were filling by themselves. I don't know.... i still think its just male pattern baldness. Well he put me on a diet to eat healthy since i have such a poor diet.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score

Baldingsince16 said:
Well i went to the tricologist today and he seems to think that something else might be causing my hairline to recede. He said my hairline was receding weird because my whole hairline was being affected and male pattern baldness usually only affected the temples. Plus, my temples were filling by themselves. I don't know.... i still think its just male pattern baldness. Well he put me on a diet to eat healthy since i have such a poor diet.

male pattern baldness can also move the entire hairline. Look at NW2A - even a mature hairline can move the hairline. Just get on finasteride. If it really bothers you that much, you can try minoxidil. You should ask your doctor for a prescription. Personally, I wouldn't suggest buying it off the internet, but some may say it's safe. Additionally, diets don't really do much unless you're iron deficient, which isn't common unless you're missing a lot of meals or a female. Zinc, Biotin, and a handful of others can cause hair loss, but again, this is uncommon.