BBC Radio 1 & Ant and Dec

ali777

Reaction score
I was listening to Scott Mills show on Radio 1 earlier. In one of the made up stupid quizzes, they asked the public if they would snog Ant or Dec. For those of you that aren't familiar with British culture, those two idiots are basically TV presenters. Their only talent is "the boy next door" image.

Anyway, they played a few audio clips of the answers and at least two women said they would snog Dec because Ant has a large forehead. Another woman said she would snog Ant for the same reason(?).

This is not a scientific test, and the radio show didn't play all the answers but in the audio clip they played the score was 2-1 against guys with large foreheads :freaked: :sobbing:

Saying that, more people said they would snog Ant than Dec :punk:

It's not directly related to hairloss, but it's along the same lines... I thought some of you might find it interesting.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds funny. But, you wouldn't expect large foreheads to have won, it's not a desirable trait usually whether balding or not.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
So if large foreheads are such a turn off, imagine how much worse it is for an nw6. You really can't disagree with this logic.

barcafan

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
So if large foreheads are such a turn off, imagine how much worse it is for an nw6. You really can't disagree with this logic.

Or, you know, guys with naturally big foreheads.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Both are natural.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dec has a huge forehead but is'nt balding while Ant is balding and using concealers.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't even know who these guys are. Post pics.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
_41519932_antdec_416_pa.jpg

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Dec has a huge forehead but is'nt balding while Ant is balding and using concealers.

Ant has a huge forehead but is'nt balding while Dec is balding and using concealers.

:)

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Dec had noticeable thinning hair years ago, I think he uses concealers. Ant's had a huge forehead for years but it doesn't seem to have gotten much worse - Maybe he's just developed one hell of a mature hairline.

UM - Of course bald will be more undesirable to most, more than a large forehead, no one disagrees with that. But it's not like an on/off switch between date/won't date for most women. E.g. from the opposite angle we all have our 'ideal' women. Many women we date will have undesirable features such as a bit bigger than we'd like, a bit less pretty, wrong hair colour/length etc. but if other things make up for it it's not like just because one feature is undesirable that we will instantly find them repulsive. It's all about finding the right balance. Hardly anyone gets their 'dream' person in terms of attractiveness.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
... Hardly anyone gets their 'dream' person in terms of attractiveness.
Yeah, but most things you can "fix" in ones looks, hair loss is just one of those that you cant..... well yet...

I never seen these guys before... but they arent all that good lookin... decent at best i think (dont forget that they probely have money invested in looks more then all of us togather).

ali777

Reaction score
Smooth said:
Hammer87 said:
Yeah, but most things you can "fix" in ones looks, hair loss is just one of those that you cant..... well yet...

So, you are saying if a woman has small breasts, we can fix it? If a man has small penis, we can fix it?

Why don't you get a hair transplant and fix the hair loss as well then?

I think anyone that says other aspects of one's looks can be fixed is bullsh*tting. Weight and stuff are possible to fix but that's about it.

Smooth said:
I never seen these guys before... but they arent all that good lookin... decent at best i think (dont forget that they probely have money invested in looks more then all of us togather).

They aren't supposed to have that "polished look" like the rest of the celebrities. Their attraction is in their "normality". The idea is that everyone can relate to them.

TBH, I think they are idiots.

ali777

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

You missed a point. I agree with you that a few girls voiced their dislike of large foreheads and in real life those girls are probably not prepared to date bald/balding men, YET. However, the guy with the larger forehead got more yes's than the other guy.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Smooth said:
Hammer87 said:

So, you are saying if a woman has small breasts, we can fix it? If a man has small penis, we can fix it?

Why don't you get a hair transplant and fix the hair loss as well then?
The first 2 answers are :yes.
The third one : dont know.. maybe someday ill get an hair transplant, i guess im waiting for some better solution then the current options, hopefully ill reach acceptance by then and save a buck :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
[quote="s.a.f":pmjhjc9h]Dec has a huge forehead but is'nt balding while Ant is balding and using concealers.

Ant has a huge forehead but is'nt balding while Dec is balding and using concealers.

:)[/quote:pmjhjc9h]

Oh yeah, I always get them mixed up! :blush:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Two words, teeth whiteners.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
Hammer87 said:

Yes in theory, but in theory we could all get hair transplant's and be fine..

How many girls (Who are usually more vain and self conscious than guys about their appearance) do you know who have had nose jobs, boob jobs, vagina constructive surgery, face lifts, liopsuction etc. to make them completely perfect? Absolute none? Me either, in fact except for braces as a kid and a corrected broken nose I don't know anyone who's any any sort of surgery to enhance their appearace.

As for them have money invested in looks, what can they possibly do? Toppik, face moisturiser, teeth whitener and makeup...any of us could do that if we really wanted to.

ali777

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
How many girls (Who are usually more vain and self conscious than guys about their appearance) do you know who have had nose jobs, boob jobs, vagina constructive surgery, face lifts, liopsuction etc. to make them completely perfect? Absolute none? Me either, in fact except for braces as a kid and a corrected broken nose I don't know anyone who's any any sort of surgery to enhance their appearace.

TBH, not many people would admit to having cosmetic surgeries. However, I know at least one person who had a nose job. I was with a girl who had scars on her breast, I asked if she had implants. It turns out she had breast reduction surgery. When I was at uni, there was a visiting student from the US, everybody in the college knew she had fake boobs. So, there you go, I can think of 3 girls who had cosmetic surgery....

I bet you know people that had cosmetic surgery as well, but you just don't know that they had it done.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Hammer87 said:
I bet you know people that had cosmetic surgery as well, but you just don't know that they had it done.

I probably do. What I'm saying is it's not a case that everyone enhances their appearance via surgery while all bald people are left with nothing they can do.