BBC Radio 1 & Ant and Dec

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
A
Hammer87 said:
ali777 said:
Hammer87 said:
I bet you know people that had cosmetic surgery as well, but you just don't know that they had it done.

I probably do. What I'm saying is it's not a case that everyone enhances their appearance via surgery while all bald people are left with nothing they can do.
Yes there are things bald people can do. They can get a good piece or a transplant. But keep in mind that for a bald guy, achieving a full head of hair even with the best surgeons is limited, since most people don't have enough donor hair to fill that vast void. Not to mention the price! Waaaay more expensive and complicated to get multiple transplants than it is for a woman to get a boob or nose job, or any other kind of cosmetic surgery. Even maintaining a good piece gets really expensive over the years. It is just plain harder to fix this bald problem than it is for almost any other kind of cosmetic issue, mainly because the technology is decades behind where it should be. Which brings me to my next topic. As some of you may know, for the last eight years, scientists have been gagged from studing and researching genetics and cloning here in the U.S. due to the ignorant bible thumping policies of Bush. Now that he is gone, I have my fingers crossed that under this new enlightend administration, we can NOW FINALLY get this very important work underway and make up for lost time. Genetic research and cloining can lead to cures for serious diseases and ailments, including a possible cure for hairloss.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
You hear about the women recently who had her trachea replaced with one that was grown in a lab using stem cells?

There is hope.

barcafan

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Yes there are things bald people can do. They can get a good piece or a transplant. But keep in mind that for a bald guy, achieving a full head of hair even with the best surgeons is limited, since most people don't have enough donor hair to fill that vast void. Not to mention the price! Waaaay more expensive and complicated to get multiple transplants than it is for a woman to get a boob or nose job, or any other kind of cosmetic surgery. Even maintaining a good piece gets really expensive over the years. It is just plain harder to fix this bald problem than it is for almost any other kind of cosmetic issue, mainly because the technology is decades behind where it should be. Which brings me to my next topic. As some of you may know, for the last eight years, scientists have been gagged from studing and researching genetics and cloning here in the U.S. due to the ignorant bible thumping policies of Bush. Now that he is gone, I have my fingers crossed that under this new enlightend administration, we can NOW FINALLY get this very important work underway and make up for lost time. Genetic research and cloining can lead to cures for serious diseases and ailments, including a possible cure for hairloss.

I have a feeling that the hair people wouldn't approve of this (obama) because bald people would start rightfully taking what's theirs theirs. They're trying to keep us (you) down, man.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
@ this point Obama could do no wrong. It would take alot for him to fall out of favor with the people, but you would have seen that if you weren't being so feciecious.

Shoot_The_Glass

Reaction score
i was in a pub in fulham 'back in the day' and i put 'lets get ready to rumble ' on the jukebox cos Ant was sitting in the corner with a pint.I dont think he was too impressed.So far as hair goes,Ant is a thick nw3 and dec is a thinning nw3 on his way to Norwood 5 or so.Either way they are loaded and are both nice guys.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ants not a NW3 he's just got a MASSIVE forehead.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree.

He's always had a big forehead, it may have got slightly higher as it's matured but it's not getting worse.

Dec's hair is thinning, personally I'd say he was a nw2-2.5 with thinning in the nw5 pattern but I'm no expert.