Bdsander Story-2 yrs on propecia UPDATED PIX 5/3/09 on pg 4

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you guys serious??

i think its no worse at all..if he cut it the same way i think it would look similar and for two years thats good going. keep on it man!

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
DSC01264.jpg

Picture002.jpg

You honestly think it didn't get worse? If we put those photos, in the opposite order, in the success stories section people would be going crazy about how much propecia has helped this guy.

The different hairstyle makes it a little bit harder to judge, but you can tell how much he has lost in the front/through the temples.
Would be interesting to see it shaved down to make the comparison a little easier, but it isn't necessary because it isn't that hard to see already imo.

BDSander

Reaction score
In my head I was hoping to get replies like Iwantprefection telling me that I have done a decent job maintaining. However, I know I have lost a lot ground, because it is so much more difficult to conceal my receding temples then in the past when I really had no issue. I am planning on getting a haircut soon that will be similar to the before pictures, so I will make sure to post them. I hope this does not discourage people from using finasteride, but keep in mind that the drug doesnt work for everyone. I recently read about a test called HairDX, which determines if finasteride will be of benefit to you. If your nervous I would suggest checking that out. My main issue now is trying to decide if I should stay on propecia or not. I feel like I have paid a whole lot of money for a drug that ruined my hair, but I don't want to get off it and have my hair get even worse. Has anyone had or know anyone who has had a negative experience with finasteride, then had no issues after getting off it? Also, does anyone know how I can get in contact with Merck or individuals who have done studies on finasteride results?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
first photo he has his hair combed down and forward. second one its longer and swept forward but down at sides. not much difference i dont think. If anything he looks more diffused in first. Hair looks healthy in seocnd. some good styling and better angle it would look good. Maybe he has lost some in the temples but thats the hardest part to keep. his main density is better.

This is 2 YEARS later! he looked to me to be diffusing fast and 2 years on his hair is looking fine.